iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #826 of 1,489
Have anyone noticed that any album or artist with number in their name seems to not show the full name.  For example, the '1+' album for Beatles, I ended up seeing no album name when I put it in my DX80.  Same with a group call 'A2A'.  I end up seeing only the letter 'A' as artist name.  Another thing is the song '7' by Prince is not showing the song name either.  But for song names seems like there's only an issue when the song starts with a number.

I am running V1.3.3 and I did the factory reset and rescan library after update.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #827 of 1,489
  Have anyone noticed that any album or artist with number in their name seems to not show the full name.  For example, the '1+' album for Beatles, I ended up seeing no album name when I put it in my DX80.  Same with a group call 'A2A'.  I end up seeing only the letter 'A' as artist name.  Another thing is the song '7' by Prince is not showing the song name either.  But for song names seems like there's only an issue when the song starts with a number.

I am running V1.3.3 and I did the factory reset and rescan library after update.

I will report this to our team and see what is going on.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #833 of 1,489
It seems I have a problem with sdcard 1. It stucks at 1% and reboots. Sdcard 2 scans fine

I was told about CleanMyDrive2 and use it on all my cards now. Maybe try it on the SD card as it is free and do a factory reset. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #836 of 1,489
I suggest not to factory reset after upgrading to 1.4.  I just upgraded to 1.4 and then factory reset after.  DX80 refused to boot up.  Keep hearing tick, tick then I see the "See You" screen.
Used rescue mode and try loading 1.4 again, same problem.  Only after restoring 1.3.3, turned device on, then apply 1.4 again everything works.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #837 of 1,489

I will report this to our team and see what is going on.

I can confirm that on 1.4 the album/artist/song name issue with numbers are gone.  All are correctly showing.  Overall this firmware update is good.

One thing I do notice is the album art shows much more details.  But scrolling thru album quickly I can see some album art will not load right away, but load only if I stop scrolling.  Is this because the album art is now loaded dynamically depending on which album is shown on the screen?  Is this expected behavior?

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #839 of 1,489
This is something that's persisted even to the 1.4. firmware, certain tags with repeating characters or phrases won't display properly. The song "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie only shows up as "Rebel" the band 999 only shows up as "9" and other similar problems.

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #840 of 1,489
Thank you for the new improved FW  
smile.gif

Some of us has problem with the EQ function not working, Just to clarify the problem:

EQ can be switched on / off as before.
The EQ slideres can be used as before.
The EQ impact on the sound work as before.

So far, so good.

What is not working is the save function. When the correct EQ is dialed in (very mild EQ in my case) the EQ is lost as soon as we move away from the EQ window, turn the EQ off/on or switches between EQ's, for instance going from ''custom'' to ''rock'' and then back to ''custom''. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back