iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 4, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #783 of 1,489
Thanks, that did the trick. Cards were what I got when I purchased device and were EXFAT which I guess won't work for FW update but seem fine for songs.
Thanks for the simple fix. Time to test everything else.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #785 of 1,489
Thanks, that did the trick. Cards were what I got when I purchased device and were EXFAT which I guess won't work for FW update but seem fine for songs.

I updated my DX80 to 1.3.3 from a Samsung 128GB with stock exFAT format.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #786 of 1,489

I updated my DX80 to 1.3.3 from a Samsung 128GB with stock exFAT format.

Firmware update from exFAT was implemented in version 1.1.4.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #787 of 1,489
to Paul from iBasso,  a weird thing happened, something came loose in the player !! is it the battery ? the player wasn't drop or anything and as of now is working like normal, is there anything to worry about ?

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #788 of 1,489
  to Paul from iBasso,  a weird thing happened, something came loose in the player !! is it the battery ? the player wasn't drop or anything and as of now is working like normal, is there anything to worry about ?

It would have to be the battery. It doesn't cause a problem but it is unusual for it to come loose as it is stuck in place and normally hard to take out. You can return it to have the batter pushed into place.

Could you please PM me the  serial number of the DX80?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 12, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #789 of 1,489
Hi all. I'm having issues with flac playback on my new dx80 and Ibasso support cant help. Looking to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I have a mixture of wav files, some DSD and flac on two patriot 128gb cards. The flac files stutter randomly through playback but all other file formats appear to be unaffected. I've purchased the flac files through highresaudio. I've read other posts suggesting that id3 tags can be a culprit but this isn't the case here.

Other posts suggest that the file system used i.e exfat/fat32/ntfs with the media card can be an issue but if this is the case here, wouldn't every file type be affected not just flac?

I thought maybe speed of the card might be an issue but higher resolution dsd files work fine. I've even hashed the files on the micro sd card to ensure they are a bit for bit copy of what I have on my pc. I've already flashed the fw to the latest provide by Ibasso and I've tried lurkers custom fw neither fix the issue.

Starting to feel like it's time to give up and try another player which is a shame because this is an otherwise awesome player.

Im prone to mistakes and occasional stupidity :rolleyes: so I thought I post to see if I've missed a trick somewhere.

I'm going to try converting a flac file to alac or wav to see if this fixes the issue and will report back. Appreciate any other ideas anyone else has.

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #790 of 1,489
BassVsTreble:

Looks like you've gone through many trouble-shooting steps already. One thing you didn't mention is if you've done any system resets? I had a similar problem suddenly start on mine. It would randomly skip and then jump to the next song, I did a reset and a rescan and the issue went away.

Do you happen to have another micro SD card you can try just to see if it's a compatibility problem? I know Paul from iBasso often recommends a utility to wipe clean an SD card.

Oh, one other question - When you get this stutter - are you playing through a playlist? 

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #792 of 1,489
Hi all. I'm having issues with flac playback on my new dx80 and Ibasso support cant help. Looking to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I have a mixture of wav files, some DSD and flac on two patriot 128gb cards. The flac files stutter randomly through playback but all other file formats appear to be unaffected. I've purchased the flac files through highresaudio. I've read other posts suggesting that id3 tags can be a culprit but this isn't the case here.

Other posts suggest that the file system used i.e exfat/fat32/ntfs with the media card can be an issue but if this is the case here, wouldn't every file type be affected not just flac?

I thought maybe speed of the card might be an issue but higher resolution dsd files work fine. I've even hashed the files on the micro sd card to ensure they are a bit for bit copy of what I have on my pc. I've already flashed the fw to the latest provide by Ibasso and I've tried lurkers custom fw neither fix the issue.

Starting to feel like it's time to give up and try another player which is a shame because this is an otherwise awesome player.

Im prone to mistakes and occasional stupidity :rolleyes: so I thought I post to see if I've missed a trick somewhere.

I'm going to try converting a flac file to alac or wav to see if this fixes the issue and will report back. Appreciate any other ideas anyone else has.

Would you like to try the Lurker tweaked firmware DX80FirmwareV1.3.3-L1.zip?

https://github.com/Lurker00/DX80-firmware/releases

It improves the SD card speed for some reason. Hope it resolves your issues.

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #793 of 1,489

Im prone to mistakes and occasional stupidity
rolleyes.gif
so I thought I post to see if I've missed a trick somewhere.

I don't know why only the flac but have you tried these flac files on another card? Have you also done a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 13, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #795 of 1,489
snafu1 thanks for the tip -  I used an old micro sd card (Toshiba 4gb class 4) I had from my Nintendo 3ds and it worked! I repeated the test both exFAT and FAT32 same result - stutter free flac playback compared to my class 10 Patriot card.  I had factory reset the dx80 when ever I tried a new firmware update and rescanned my library. I havent tried playlists. 

So the question is - Why is playback only affected with FLAC format? If the Patriot card isn't supported why does it play DSF files and WAV files but not FLAC?

@JustinCHL I've tried DX80FirmwareV1.3.3-L2 and the issue remains with the Patriot card.

I'm really glad i've got to the bottom of this so thanks all for the support much appreciated.  4GB isnt going to work for me long term but I suppose i could try the 200GB Sandisk ultra cards if anyone can confirm flac playback works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back