iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 17, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #558 of 1,489

I have tinnitus, a continuous peep in my ears. It varies from time to time. With 1.1.4 the level of tinnitus in my ears didnt change, but 1.2.1 really sets it off: the peep gets immediatly much louder and annoying when listening to 1.2.1. Thats how i know 1.2.1 definitely has a change in sound and it's in the high frequencies. My ears react like crazy to 1.2.1. (and not to 1.1.4, strangely enough) I hope they make the highs smoother again in the next firmware, cause the UI changes are welcome. 

I wasn't going to get into that here...but yes, I have the same problem and it was apparent after 20 minutes.  Besides some laggy behavior this is the main reason I prefer the 1.1.4 over the 1.2.1.

Anyone with similar issues may enjoy the Audio Technica ESW9A over long listening sessions.  With its warm sound signature and rolled off highs, the headphone is very gentle on tinnitus afflicted ears without sacrificing too much of what makes a good mid-fi headphone.  I've found the DX80 to be a great match with the AT sound signature.  

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #559 of 1,489
I definitely prefer the 1.2.1 and I like this sound. Lags in my opinion only a minor nuisance. In addition, I have this happens rarely. 
Once again - thanks to Paul for 1.2.1.
Just one more opinion.
[DX80 + Momentum 2.0 OverE or XBA-A3]

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #560 of 1,489

Paul, is it possible that future FW can help reduce (or eliminate) hiss with sensitive IEM like SE846 ?

A FW will not change this unless it changed the frequency response and we don't do that. There are some customers who hear some hiss with the 846 and some don't. It seems to be very individual.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 17, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #561 of 1,489
1.21 doesn't seem at all stable for me. Random freezing, skipping to next track in a preview type mode where it plays a few seconds then to the next track, combining sd1 with sd2 and showing all songs on Sd2. Only way out is holding power button and rebooting. OTG so far a no show for me too. Going back to 1.14 which I never really used except briefly for a couple days when I first got it.
Hanging in there nevertheless because it does sound good and the reputation of ibasso to eventually get it right but really hoping ironed out before my return window closes.

Really strange behavior - haven't experienced one of the mentioned issues (the only issue I have with 1.2.1 is that the UI is sometimes laggy and that the playback control buttons react a few seconds after having been pressed).
Went on a long walk in the snow today without any of the mentioned things occuring (using folder browse mode, as usual).

Maybe you should try installing the firmware with the batch tool to make sure no old "junk" from the previous version is left in the system.

I'm not on the PC at the moment so I can't post a link to it, but search all three DX80 threads' last 3-4 pages and you'll find a link in a post by me (or someone else who has it on hand could post it).

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #562 of 1,489
There are instructions with the download: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar
A .rar extractor can be found free on the web.

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #564 of 1,489
Really strange behavior - haven't experienced one of the mentioned issues (the only issue I have with 1.2.1 is that the UI is sometimes laggy and that the playback control buttons react a few seconds after having been pressed).
Went on a long walk in the snow today without any of the mentioned things occuring (using folder browse mode, as usual).

Maybe you should try installing the firmware with the batch tool to make sure no old "junk" from the previous version is left in the system.

I'm not on the PC at the moment so I can't post a link to it, but search all three DX80 threads' last 3-4 pages and you'll find a link in a post by me (or someone else who has it on hand could post it).

Thanks Chris and Paul. Am still unable to install a working driver even following the instructions. It appeared for a minute or 2, then disappeared. Defaulted to unknown usb device and now always says I have the best driver already for the unknown device. I also downloaded and installed the DAC driver and in DAC mode no device recognized in the DAC software either. I always get the audio cues of connected device but then immediately hear the disconnect audio cue. So I have no way at this point of even running the batch tool. Will try later on another computer but thinking it has to be a hardware problem at this point. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #568 of 1,489
Well, mine arrived yesterday and since now i discovered 2 things that annoy me the first is that when in DAC mode with the windows driver and all is popping almost every second and only when playing, the second one are the playlist, i cannot figure out how to make them work it start searching something and then it restarts, same while playing dsd..

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #569 of 1,489
  Well, mine arrived yesterday and since now i discovered 2 things that annoy me the first is that when in DAC mode with the windows driver and all is popping almost every second and only when playing, the second one are the playlist, i cannot figure out how to make them work it start searching something and then it restarts, same while playing dsd..

Please try a factory reset.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #570 of 1,489
I have two complaints about the UI:

1) in the track list, or album list, scrolling is very erratic: it is unpredictable weather a "up-swipe' starts an inertial scroll or not.
2) in the same list view, a swipe left should move to the "currently playing" screen, but this only works if the swipe is absolutely horizontal. I almost never to manage to get it right it on the first try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back