iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #466 of 1,489
  thanks for the update Ibasso (OTG support : great !! ).

For me once "the play through folder/artist/album ...." is fixed or in summary : not having the player stop playing music once an album is finished, that player is replacing my Fiio X5, but for know it is in a paperweight that cost me 1/2 month salary.

I don't understand this is not an issue to more dx80 owners, portable CD player's days are over for quite some time !! do people here just listen to 5 min of music at a time ?! I might be on the extreme side (6 to 10hrs/day with my player only).

I apologies if this appear harsh, not my intention.

Five minutes at a time? I don't understand. I play albums, that can vary from 30 to 120 minutes. I don't care for play through folders because I want to choose the next album and don't do it randomly or even in order but I can understand that you want play through folder.

The OTG works great. I can have 600gb's now, if I want. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #468 of 1,489
  thanks for the update Ibasso (OTG support : great !! ).

For me once "the play through folder/artist/album ...." is fixed or in summary : not having the player stop playing music once an album is finished, that player is replacing my Fiio X5, but for know it is in a paperweight that cost me 1/2 month salary.

I don't understand this is not an issue to more dx80 owners, portable CD player's days are over for quite some time !! do people here just listen to 5 min of music at a time ?! I might be on the extreme side (6 to 10hrs/day with my player only).

I apologies if this appear harsh, not my intention.

Everybody has different priorities and preferences, that's fine. 
smile_phones.gif

I personally have never felt the need for a folder play feature, with any DAP (and with the ones that do, I have disabled it). That's probably because I want to chose what album to play after one is finished.

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #469 of 1,489
I downloaded the new FW last night, the sped up situation was fixed but now no matter what type of file I played I get an occasional click which is most annoying, I used the same card on other DAP with no problems and have reloaded and reset twice, has anyone experience the same problems?

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #470 of 1,489
  I downloaded the new FW last night, the sped up situation was fixed but now no matter what type of file I played I get an occasional click which is most annoying, I used the same card on other DAP with no problems and have reloaded and reset twice, has anyone experience the same problems?

I get no clicks or sounds and have used a 64gb and right now have a 128gb and 200gb with the 200 having all dsd and the 128gb lossless. Did you do a factory reset after the update? 

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #471 of 1,489

Five minutes at a time? I don't understand. I play albums, that can vary from 30 to 120 minutes. I don't care for play through folders because I want to choose the next album and don't do it randomly or even in order but I can understand that you want play through folder.

The OTG works great. I can have 600gb's now, if I want. 

Everybody has different priorities and preferences, that's fine. 
smile_phones.gif

I personally have never felt the need for a folder play feature, with any DAP (and with the ones that do, I have disabled it). That's probably because I want to chose what album to play after one is finished.

Well play through folders/albums/artists/... is useful when you work outside in an environment that don't allow you to take your player out of you pocket (I am a landscaper).

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #472 of 1,489
@VieuxBat

Well, at least there is an "All Music" view where you can either chose by "Title"/"Album"/"Artist"/"Added", then all tracks in the database are displayed in a list. Not exactly the same as a true folder/artist/album play option, but it's something.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #473 of 1,489
like you said, not the same but something, I like to listen to full albums/artists mostly, it is more coherent with my music library since it in a wide range of genre and "all music" is mixup.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #474 of 1,489
I too would like the play through folders setting, my cheap Goodmans player from the mid 2000s was able to do that and that device really shouldn't be able to surpass the DX80 in any way.

There's plenty of space on the quick options menu for the additional toggle.

BTW, is play through folders implemented in any of the previous iBasso players?

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #475 of 1,489

I get no clicks or sounds and have used a 64gb and right now have a 128gb and 200gb with the 200 having all dsd and the 128gb lossless. Did you do a factory reset after the update? 

Clicks between songs when using coax out. Every FW, including latest. When manually skip song or auto play next song.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #476 of 1,489
Clicks between songs when using coax out. Every FW, including latest. When manually skip song or auto play next song.

Did you try to turn gapless on?

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #478 of 1,489
  Did you try to turn gapless on?

Same clicking problem.  Actually worse with the new FW because with screen OFF the song advance lags, you think you didn't press the button hard enough so you press again and you skip two songs.  With the screen ON the song advances but the album picture lags.  These "lags" happen with gapless ON.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #479 of 1,489
I had occasionally still gotten clicks and skips on FW 1.2.1, before factory resetting twice and rescanning my cards. FWIW I am using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb card (exfat) and also a Kingston 32gb class 4 card (fat32) and have gapless playback turned on. So far (since last night's resets), no more pops/clicks/skips.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #480 of 1,489
  I had occasionally still gotten clicks and skips on FW 1.2.1, before factory resetting twice and rescanning my cards. FWIW I am using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb card (exfat) and also a Kingston 32gb class 4 card (fat32) and have gapless playback turned on. So far (since last night's resets), no more pops/clicks/skips.

I have only gotten clicks between songs using coax out with all FW.  No clicks from headphone or line out.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back