iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #451 of 1,489
  FW1.2.1!!!!!!

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Line output bug fixed when the DX80 is used as a USB-DAC.
2. Enable sorting function on Now Playing.
3. Change from file name to title name on All Music view.
4. A more accurate battery indicator on low battery.
5. Improved M3U playlist import function, allows an apostrophe on file name.
6. Improved WAV ID3 support.
7. Allow custom wallpaper to be read from either SD card slot.
8. Allow the player to display Hebrew.
9. Scroll bar added to all of My Music views.
10. Improved OTG storage support.
11. Updated WAV decode engine.

R U GUYSEXCITED??

no, not until they fix the EQ.....I still don't get how you can release a product that has so many issues

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #453 of 1,489
Hmm maybe it's silicone case caused my dx80 got overheated o.O but still changing L/R balance slider made this unit dead silent ( has to press next button ) anyway is that normal if I resuming playback it will goes into random track? (in line out mode)

I have the same issue. and reported to IBasso previously. no reaction so far...
IBasso seem to have different priorities and fixing more critical issues, like "Allow custom wallpaper to be read from either SD card slot".
When I read this item I thought it's a joke...

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #456 of 1,489
  Will the 16 k and 12k on the EQ be fixed?

The EQ will be fixed in the next FW. We wanted to go ahead and get this one out so people would have new functions and fixes in other areas.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #458 of 1,489
No, I had no heat issue. While playing via analog line out the moment you move L/R balance slider volume drops to near zero and the only way out is to reboot the player.

Well, mine seems dropped the volume to zero too (considering its icon shown pause icon than play icon) but mine only need to skipped into next track, pressing backwards doesn't work

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #460 of 1,489
  Since I do not use EQ, I am very satisfied with the changes in the new firmware. 
Actually, except DSD playback speed all suited me even in 1.1.4.
Now DSD playing is correct. Thanks Paul!

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say. If there is a bug, but it affects only the functionality you NOT using it's Ok to have it, is that the point?

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #461 of 1,489
Perhaps my view is wrong, but I really have no claims to the new firmware (for now). 
I even found it necessary to thank the manufacturer's for not very expensive device with not bad sound and features.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #462 of 1,489
FW 1.2.1

Bugs:

With the slots empty except for the sd card with the new FW image file on it inserted - the player would not turn off ! (I think it was just over excited at the new FW!)

The bug where at the end of the track the audio scoots back for a few seconds plays, then stops, THEN the next track starts is still there.
It doesn't happen every time

@Paul - I can investigate further if helpful - i suspect it may be on cd rips ? dont think i have had it with hi res?

All I found so far - sound is sweeeeeet though :)

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #463 of 1,489
I did the update and then did a factory reset and the player turned off fine. I am not getting any of the end of song repeat that you mention. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #464 of 1,489
  I did the update and then did a factory reset and the player turned off fine. I am not getting any of the end of song repeat that you mention. 

I think it was just a glitch with the update card in it - seems fine now :)

I suspect the end of song repeat bug is a 'type of file specific issue' - in other words its an issue with a type of file, not so much the player. If I get some time I'll do some experiments and try to narrow it down

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #465 of 1,489
thanks for the update Ibasso (OTG support : great !! ).

For me once "the play through folder/artist/album ...." is fixed or in summary : not having the player stop playing music once an album is finished, that player is replacing my Fiio X5, but for know it is in a paperweight that cost me 1/2 month salary.

I don't understand this is not an issue to more dx80 owners, portable CD player's days are over for quite some time !! do people here just listen to 5 min of music at a time ?! I might be on the extreme side (6 to 10hrs/day with my player only).

I apologies if this appear harsh, not my intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back