iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 22, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #106 of 1,489
When it can be? And what about the pops (sound like the amp turns on) when the song is played? They are very annoying. Also what about playing through folders - will it be?

I agree, those pops/thumps etc. when changing songs are extremely annoying. 

My unit does not do this. Does it happen with all file formats for you guys? All tracks? (Or any in particular format?)

I wonder if its a tag problem from DX80's end reading tracks.

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #107 of 1,489
  If you have more than one version of a song that is the same track number, adding a "1" to the end of the file name allows multiple files with the same name.

I had thought about that. None of the files are duplicated. There is only one file for Money and it's "06 Money 1.flac"

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #108 of 1,489
  Did you do a factory reset? Sometimes it helps if there are problems. I do it out of habit and it only takes 1 minute or less after an update. 

I did. But none of these problems seem like they'd be fixed by a factory reset, except maybe the hissing.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #109 of 1,489
My unit does not do this. Does it happen with all file formats for you guys? All tracks? (Or any in particular format?)

I thought there is no problem with cut in tracks flacs. But it wasn't true. The problem also is with the flac in tracks. More problems with flac+cue, and especially with ape+cue. And it can be or not with the same files. So yes, it is with all formats. Don't know why someone has this problem but others don't have

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #110 of 1,489
@jamato8 Thank you for sharing. One thing I failed to mention though was that, this was the first time I tried adding files without taking out the memory card. I just did what you said, and it still did not show the album cover. Here's the interesting part, I took the card out and used the adapter to insert it in my computer's card reader, and voila! Everything is right in the world again! hehe! 

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #112 of 1,489
I don't use iTunes. I have numerous copies of DSotM, but I copied only one version to the DX80.

I have 2 songs named Money on the DX80 - "06 Money 1.flac" and "18 Money.flac" which is from a totally different album and thus in a different subdirectory. (I guess that I should have said "There is only one file for Money in that directory...")

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #114 of 1,489
  Try taking the file off of the DX 80, change the file name, re-add it to the DX 80, and see if the file name changes.

I wrote a script to rename all the files, removing the track number from the beginning and the " 1" from the end. I then did that restore factory defaults, and rescanned the card. I now have:

K:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon {SACD}\Money.flac
K:\Music\FLAC\Various Artists\Going Underground (Disc 1)\Money.flac

I still have no idea how it happened, but it's fixed now. And my All Music is now sorted by the actual song title, so it's a double win.

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #115 of 1,489

I wrote a script to rename all the files, removing the track number from the beginning and the " 1" from the end. I then did that restore factory defaults, and rescanned the card. I now have:

K:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon {SACD}\Money.flac
K:\Music\FLAC\Various Artists\Going Underground (Disc 1)\Money.flac

I still have no idea how it happened, but it's fixed now. And my All Music is now sorted by the actual song title, so it's a double win.

If your script is usable on a MAC, I'd love to check it out.

I hate that the DX80 reads file names rather then meta data.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #116 of 1,489
  If your script is usable on a MAC, I'd love to check it out.

It's a Python script, so you might have to install Python. But it will run fine.

Copy and paste the script below into a text file in the directory on the DX80 which holds your music. For instance, /mnt/firstsd/Music. Call it whatever.py. Then cd to that directory and run "python whatever.py"

It will take a minute or three to rename any file it finds. If the file starts with 2 digits and a space, like "01 whatever.flac", it will rename it removing the digits and space, thus ending in "whatever.flac".

It will save each rename to "renamed.log" in the same directory.
If it encounters files it can't rename, it will print those to the screen. It doesn't try to catch some extended characters, though it will get many.

YYMV, use at your own risk, but it worked fine on my files.

Code:
[color=#000000] [b][color=#000080]import [/color][/b]os [b][color=#000080]def [/color][/b]pad(num): new = [color=#000080]str[/color](num) [b][color=#000080]if [/color][/b][color=#000080]len[/color](new) == [color=#0000ff]1[/color]: new = [b][color=#008000]"0" [/color][/b]+ new [b][color=#000080]return [/color][/b]new [b][color=#000080]def [/color][/b]get_new_name(name): [b][color=#000080]for [/color][/b]x [b][color=#000080]in [/color][/b][color=#000080]xrange[/color]([color=#0000ff]0[/color],[color=#0000ff]99[/color]): num = pad(x) [b][color=#000080]if [/color][/b]name.startswith(num + [b][color=#008000]" "[/color][/b]): name = name.replace(num + [b][color=#008000]" "[/color][/b], [b][color=#008000]""[/color][/b]) [b][color=#000080]return [/color][/b]name [b][color=#000080]print [/color][/b][b][color=#008000]"Getting filenames..." [/color][/b] log = [color=#000080]open[/color]([b][color=#008000]"renamed.log"[/color][/b], [b][color=#008000]"w"[/color][/b]) [b][color=#000080]for [/color][/b]root, dirs, files [b][color=#000080]in [/color][/b]os.walk([b][color=#008000]'.'[/color][/b], [color=#660099]topdown[/color]=[color=#000080]False[/color]): [b][color=#000080]for [/color][/b]name [b][color=#000080]in [/color][/b]files: [b][color=#000080]if [/color][/b]os.path.isfile(os.path.join(root, name)): [b][color=#000080]if not [/color][/b]name.endswith([b][color=#008000]"renamed.log"[/color][/b]): oldname = os.path.join(root, name) newname = get_new_name(name) newfullname = os.path.join(root, newname) [b][color=#000080]if [/color][/b]oldname != newfullname: [b][color=#000080]try[/color][/b]: os.rename(oldname, newfullname) log.writelines([b][color=#008000]"%s -> %s[/color][/b][b][color=#000080]\n[/color][/b][b][color=#008000]" [/color][/b]% (oldname, newname)) [b][color=#000080]except[/color][/b]: [b][color=#000080]print [/color][/b][b][color=#008000]" ERROR: Couldn't rename %s" [/color][/b]% oldname log.close() [b][color=#000080]print [/color][/b][b][color=#008000]"Done" [/color][/b] [/color]

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #117 of 1,489
I am using Dx80 on my Car Audio system thru Digital Coaxial cable.

It seems pop noise is common issue on "Dx80 user" so far. My unit has also same behavior between music track. Sometimes, it will be between tracks or initial playing music track. Not sure it is high priory to all Dx80 users but my case, it is critical one to hear music in my car audio system. Actually, it is very annoying. I don't know how to share this kind of bug with “Ibasso” and also don't know they are aware of it.

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #118 of 1,489
  I am using Dx80 on my Car Audio system thru Digital Coaxial cable.

It seems pop noise is common issue on "Dx80 user" so far. My unit has also same behavior between music track. Sometimes, it will be between tracks or initial playing music track. Not sure it is high priory to all Dx80 users but my case, it is critical one to hear music in my car audio system. Actually, it is very annoying. I don't know how to share this kind of bug with “Ibasso” and also don't know they are aware of it.

I think the pop noise for headphone out (between tracks or at the stop/start), has been reported by many users, but I'm not sure about the coax S/PDIF out.

The easiest way to feel the pop noise issue is simply to play and pause repeatedly during listening. Most DAPs or computer software (like iTunes, JRiver) has a deliberate smooth transition, while DX80 has a "thump" or "pop" every time the playback is resumed.

I guess the best way to report an issue is to contact them directly via the website, but they are also checking this thread frequently too.

I wish if iBasso can resolve this issue quickly somehow, because it becomes the main focus of discussion in all the threads and DAP comparisons.

I think some people will walk away from buying the DX80 simply because it has the pop noise while most other DAPs don't, which is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back