iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 14, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #512 of 1,489
Found a strange bug today. The player played via line-out, the battery is almost running out and I decided to connect it to the charger, went to settings and chose USB Charge only mode, and the volume dropped immediately

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #513 of 1,489
The player played via line-out, the battery is almost running out and I decided to connect it to the charger, went to settings and chose USB Charge only mode, and the volume dropped immediately

I've tried to reproduce, and, in my case (fw 1.2.1) the player just stopped playing. I pushed "play", and playback started from the beginnign of the track, but no volume changes. Tried with either LO or PO in use, with the same effect: switching USB modes stops the playback, but does not change the volume.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #514 of 1,489
Spent more time comparing 1.1.4 & 1.2.1. Found more noticeable hiss on 1.1.4 than 1.2.1. (Using SE846). Should hissing be related to hardware rather than software?

I don't recall having that level of hiss when first updated to 1.1.4 back then. Really puzzled.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #516 of 1,489
Has this card worked on other daps? Seems it could be a tagging issue. Maybe do a factory on the Dx80 and then try again with the scan. I had some files that acted weird or wouldn't scan so I used a program to check tags and it cleaned the files up, which didn't take long but most all my cards from 32gb to 200gb are fine and didn't need anything to have them work well. I have lossless, WAV and DSD. 

Hey, I figure it out and the problem comes from the tags of my wav files.
(ps: I used windows media player to rip those wav files).
Nevertheless those tags seem perfectly correct on jriver.

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #517 of 1,489
  updated 1.2.1, with several factory resets (via advanced menu & recovery mode) before & after, the backward, play & forward buttons (both solid buttons & on-screen) became sluggish.  took 2-3 seconds for it to respond.  factory reset the device 2 more times, the sluggishness was gone, but came back again this morning.  strange !

another issue is the thump when changing tracks is louder & happens more often than 1.1.4.

edit :
gone back to 1.1.4, no more sluggishness, thump much less noticeable.  regarding SQ, agree with others that 1.2.1 sounds more analytical with better separation, while 1.1.4 feels warmer & more musical.  can't really say which is better for me, guess depending on recordings.  anyway, will stick with 1.1.4 for now as the 1.2.1 sluggishness & thumps really bug me.

one good thing is switching FW version is pretty easy.  can play around when needed.

I have passed this on to our SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #518 of 1,489
Hey, I figure it out and the problem comes from the tags of my wav files.
(ps: I used windows media player to rip those wav files).
Nevertheless those tags seem perfectly correct on jriver.

Could you please send us a WAV file that does not play correctly to service@ibasso.com. The free transfer WeTransfer is very good to use.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #519 of 1,489
1.2.1 appears to be much slower than 1.1.4. Longer startup time, sluggish response to next/prev. The biggest slowdown is card scanning - 1.1.4 would scan 128GB Sandisk in 10-13 mins; 1.2.1 is taking twice as much 23-26 mins for a single card, so with 2 128GB cards after the update or reset i have to wait almost an hour ....

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #520 of 1,489
Does anyone know why a 128GB card would all of a sudden become extreme slow when transfering songs onto it.....Seriously, it takes 45 mins to put one flac album on, when it used to take one minute? 

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #521 of 1,489
I got some weird thing happen among those bugs that was mentioned before, it's seems sometimes I pressed play/pause button then it will change the song just like I pressed next button not sure if my finger was slippery into next button or its just another bugs

It seems that I've experienced the same, but wasn't sure before. Though it doesn't hapen too often.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #522 of 1,489
I just received my dx80 today. I have a problem that the player cannot be recoginized as a card reader when connecting to my PC. USB setting is set to reader. Just nothing happened when I connected the player to my PC when the player already turned on. Tried both 1.1.4 and 1.2.1 and it is the same. The SD card can be recognized on my PC when I put it into my own SD card reader.

hmmm.. I am pretty sure the USB slot of the player is not functioning. I even cannot charge the player. Have to send it back for an exchange.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #523 of 1,489
  I just received my dx80 today. I have a problem that the player cannot be recoginized as a card reader when connecting to my PC. USB setting is set to reader. Just nothing happened when I connected the player to my PC when the player already turned on. Tried both 1.1.4 and 1.2.1 and it is the same. The SD card can be recognized on my PC when I put it into my own SD card reader.

hmmm.. I am pretty sure the USB slot of the player is not functioning. I even cannot charge the player. Have to send it back for an exchange.

Did you try a different USB cable? 

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #525 of 1,489
Quote:

use the normal micro-usb cable, just the one you use to charge the Android phone,
not the otg cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back