iBasso DX50 MODS
Dec 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #91 of 378
If that white plastic pin is broken, then maybe glue something instead that pin? Of course that assumes You have to open up DX50. Or find similar switch to replace it.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #92 of 378
I had this exact same issue when I opened up one of my former DX50 and unfortunately I had to send it back for repairs. That's the danger of opening up the player, it goes with the territory. On the positive side they just charged me 8$ to fix it but the shipping was a downer. It's nearly impossible to fix due to surface mounting.
If you can get it fixed otherwise great for you. In any events, good luck.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #93 of 378
Thanks for the suggestions.
What would you suggest me to glue to it? 
I was sort of looking for an alternative way to Hold, using firmware?
I dont wanna send back to iBasso. It will be a real hassle, I'd rather live without the Hold
thanks!

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #94 of 378
My screen is no longer working, any ideas on how to remedy that? It happened after a botched solder in the
LO jack area. It responds to touch but there is no image on screen

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #95 of 378
Have You checked all PCB solder points with magnifying glass for issues/solder and re-plugged all connections?

About capacitors: Still waiting for FG and KW series but after quite long burning I definitely find Panasonic FC and even Vishay RSU038 better than Nichicon FW series. Imo FW lacks dynamics in highs region. If KW/FG won`t arrive in next 2 weeks, then probably going with FC as final setup. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #97 of 378
There should be  3  (4) little black screws (one is under batch sticker). After that it should become loose but is still blocked by switches on sides and bottom. You need to carefully "lift" those away (especially HOLD button, it`s thin and could break easily). And I think there were  2  (there`s 3) "wire" connections on that side of PCB to pull off. After removing all cables out of way and removing all screws it should come off. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #98 of 378
Got my Nichicon FG and KW capacitors today. By initial impressions FG is very good. I think final contenders will be Panasonic FC, Vishay BC 038RSU and Nichicon FG. 

I can't say whether there is any difference in quality of the audio... I'm not one to go into such intricate details about such things, but the fact that it fixed my channel imbalance made my day! 
L3000.gif
 10/10 would replace caps again (if I think they go bad)!

KW seems ok sounding but nothing special and I would definitely prefer latter 3 I mentioned. They have better soundstage, separation, clarity, dynamics and better kick/bass tightness. Still need to burn in properly KW but experience tells that difference will not be big, overall signature stays same. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #99 of 378
Please babs,tell me if it's better to choose the ADA over the LME amplifiers for 16 ohm headphones! I know you've chosen the ADA ones,but to they work perfectly with both you're iem's 600 and 15 ohms?thank you

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #100 of 378
I saw that Fiio x5 has LMH6643 for headphone output and also use OPA1612! was you're choice of using ADA4897-1 and ADA4896-2 better?please let me/us know!I want to make the mods by the end of the month! thank you again

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #101 of 378
The LME is specified with 26mA of drive and 600 Ohms of load, so, he can drive high impedance phones
The ADA is specified with 80mA of drive and 100 Ohms of load, better suited for low impedance phones

But in practice, i fund the ADA to have much more punch with any phones: HD650 or IE8

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #105 of 378
  hei,what is the exact name of the panasaonic fc caps, EEU-FC1A221 or EEU-FC1A221S ? first one has Height: 15mm and the second one has Height: 11mm. thank you

Of course the one with smaller height - 4x15mm caps won´t fit. But if I remember correctly from Your comments on DX50, then those caps sound signature might not fit for Your taste. Better go with vishay or nichicon fg, they maybe have tad more drum and bass kick and more foward soundstage. 
Panasonic FC has large open soundstage, great separation and transparency/layering (better than FG imo) and very balanced dynamic sound. Nothing is over- or underdone.
Will be posting capacitor "review" soon but shortly - replace stock jovials either with Nichicon FG, Panasonic FC or Vishay BC 038 RSU - great upgrade anyway.
Which one of those 3 to choose is really up to user gear, ears and preference. I recommend to test all those 3 before installing them permanently (don`t forget to give them some burn-in time before choosing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back