iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 17, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #14,071 of 14,596
the battery draining is definitely a concern. was in mango OS, plugged in to charge, the digital hit 79% and started draining while plugged in. the digital battery dropped a few % after a couple of hours while the analog remains at 80%. iplugged in a couple of times and screen blanked. i tried holding power button and fwd but the unit does not power up

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #14,072 of 14,596
What sound changes did I hear on android 11. This is on amp11 mk2. The sound stage has become narrower, but at the same time higher. The images of the instruments have become denser and more golgoathic. On stage 300 took a step towards lpgt. High frequencies have become more extended, filling with overtones has become better. The mid frequencies moved away from the foreground and became on par with the rest. The sound in general became a little lighter, the mass became less. Something similar does amp12. Listened on iem Dita Dream. I beg your pardon if I didn’t tell you very clearly, I translated through Google translate.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #14,073 of 14,596
Now would be a good time for some of that excellent iBasso support we talk about here @Paul - iBasso . I've stopped using my DX300 for now as I can't be bothered to rollback the firmware - I'll just wait for a firmware update to fix the issue. In the mean time I'll use my WM1AM2.

I'm a little concerned that while both batteries appear to drain very quickly, the device doesn't get at all warm. Makes me wonder if they're actually discharging at all, and this is an issue with reporting of the charge level, in which case charging could damage the batteries.

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #14,074 of 14,596
My player got a little warm in standby mode on Android 11. When I took it in the morning in my hands, it was a little warm. It is very interesting why someone has problems with battery discharge, but someone does not. I installed the update through a computer and did a factory reset through android and through recovery. Nothing helped.

Jan 17, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #14,075 of 14,596
the battery draining is definitely a concern. was in mango OS, plugged in to charge, the digital hit 79% and started draining while plugged in. the digital battery dropped a few % after a couple of hours while the analog remains at 80%. iplugged in a couple of times and screen blanked. i tried holding power button and fwd but the unit does not power up

So are you saying your’s is in the same state as mine? No screen, no response to buttons, effectively dead?

Jan 17, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #14,076 of 14,596
I booted mine into Mango mode after which I left it for a few hours. The battery didn't drain at all during this time, so I booted back into Android and so far the battery doesn't seem to be discharging abnormally either.

Jan 17, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #14,077 of 14,596
Ok so far it seems to be all good. The battery levels aren't dropping so fast anymore.
At the very beginning the digital battery was charging super fast, from 0% to 30% in 20 minutes, but it slowed down around the 70% mark
The strange thing is that before android 11, the analog battery would charge first, then the digital one.
When both batteries reached 100%, I turned on the device and the analog was at 96%. Turned off, charged again. turned on again 98%. After at third time they were both a 100%.
In the end it took around 2h30 for a total charge, which is, I believe, the normal time it takes for a full charge.
I hope this will be enough to calibrate both batteries
Ok so little update:
I turned on the device yesterday at 10:30PM. Both batteries at 100%
Went to work, I used poweramp for about 10 minutes, low gain, with iems. Then left the device on sleep mode, no wifi or BT neither.
Later I checked the batteries: 75% for analog, 80% for digital....
So yeah, battery still a problem.

But not only that, my overall experience with poweramp was bad too. 5 sec delay for sound to come out when I launch the app
Constant 1 sec gap between tracks. 2 second delay when I manually advance through the music...

And I made sure this isn't a problem with the app settings.
Those delays are the reason I ditched mango from the very beggining.

I hope all of this gets adressed soon, and by that I mean before the CNY.

Jan 17, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #14,078 of 14,596
Are the issues with the battery draining in standby with 3rd party apps installed or no apps?

I notice some have no issues and one person emailed me and said they are not experiencing problems but they don't use any 3rd party apps. I am thinking that possibly the 3rd party apps are not being shut down in standby but our software team will have to look into this when they come back after the Chinese New year holiday. There is no one in the office now and we are shut down with everyone either going to their home cities or just home for the holiday.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 17, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #14,079 of 14,596
Are the issues with the battery draining in standby with 3rd party apps installed or no apps?

I notice some have no issues and one person emailed me and said they are not experiencing problems but they don't use any 3rd party apps. I am thinking that possibly the 3rd party apps are not being shut down in standby but our software team will have to look into this when they come back after the Chinese New year holiday. There is no one in the office now and we are shut down with everyone either going to their home cities or just home for the holiday.
I do have poweramp and nova launcher installed

Jan 17, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #14,080 of 14,596

Discharge of batteries on the player without third-party applications.

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #14,081 of 14,596

Have a Happy New Year, Paul!
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #14,082 of 14,596
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are Off
No earphones connected
No applications are launched
24 hours in standby mode
100%/96

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth On (Bluetooth not paired)
Connect earphones
Mango Player started and stopped immediately after playing music
8 hours in standby
48%/53%

Something is wrong...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #14,083 of 14,596
I charged both D & A to 100% last night and unplugged it from the charger. Shut down in Android with no APPs running. Just fired it up after 20 hours and A = 100% D = 98%.

Edit: I did not shut down Wi-Fi before turning it off. Bluetooth was never on, since I never really use it.

Edit 2: When I unplugged it from the charger last night, and left if for 20 hours, there were no headphones connected.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #14,084 of 14,596
Tried this time to actually watch where it started and ended. I think I’m seeing it a bit too vs my previous post. Charged it to 100% a little over 4 hours ago. Was on standby with Wi-Fi on while I made dinner. Came back to 75% digital and 82% analog. From what I recall that’s a bit faster for standby loss compared to before.

Edit: and to second many others, it has never sounded better lol. On amp12 with my Zen Pro’s and it’s amazing!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #14,085 of 14,596
If Wifi and BT are on there may be more of a drain in standby.

When our software team returns this will be the 1st thing they work on.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back