iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 20, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #11,656 of 14,594
N8ii doesn’t sound analytical - eg not boring, it’s transparent and revealing nature of the N8ii enhances all of my IEMs (EXT, EVO, Xe6 and Indigo) by expanding its staging with standing imaging. The tube timbre really gives the bass response a slightly warmer and more holographic presentation without sacrificing clarity. Out of my IEMs, Indigo becomes too revealing and hot with some classical and operatic and a synergy still comes into play where 3MAX, M9, DX312 or M17 are better choices.

Mar 20, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #11,657 of 14,594
N8ii doesn’t sound analytical - eg not boring, it’s transparent and revealing nature of the N8ii enhances all of my IEMs (EXT, EVO, Xe6 and Indigo) by expanding its staging with standing imaging. The tube timbre really gives the bass response a slightly warmer and more holographic presentation without sacrificing clarity. Out of my IEMs, Indigo becomes too revealing and hot with some classical and operatic and a synergy still comes into play where 3MAX, M9, DX312 or M17 are better choices.
I'm all for more transparency in the music.

Mar 20, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #11,658 of 14,594
Although I'd say "clinical" rather than "digital", for the Max Ti, I think I know what you're getting at. Imo, it is also a matter of music genre. For me, when I listen to core, cold wave, dark wave, electronic music, warm and analog sound is not appealing. Instead, I appreciate a lot the Ti's more "neutral" signature, the sort of fast, accurate bass which is not as full bodied. To give you an example, for these genres, when I browse on Youtube and listen to vinyl rips, I find it relatively somewhat muffled or dull, as compared to cd rips. But this changes when I listen, e.g., to some great classical rock tunes (for instance, Cream, CCR, etc.), where vinyl is exactly the sound that I feel does them justice. Similarly, other genres too (e.g. vocal music, etc.) might benefit from the sort of more analog timbre you are talking about.
Well said! :thumbsup:

And let's not forget that you can also get that "digital" sound from any change in the original format/recording of a song via quantization errors too. The point is that it can also have something to do with the quality of files you put through a device. If you have a more clinical DAP it will probably pick up these quantization errors more readily than something that is warm and natural (exacerbating that digital sound), so there is that too...... Just my passing thoughts! :)

As an example, and to agree with your point, Kiss recorded an album called Sonic Boom as an experiment. They used old school reel to reel, instruments of that era, etc... to get a full on old school analog sound. They achieved that (though IMO they overdid it). I enjoyed it a lot. I know this isn't as much related to the sound different DAPs make where digital and analog compare, but it sort of does insomuch as you can listen to this album, and the album before, or after that and hear the difference plainly, from the same band.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #11,659 of 14,594
Mar 20, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #11,661 of 14,594
I am quite looking forward to the DX320 at what I suspect will be totally competitive at a more down to earth and justified price.

Mar 20, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #11,665 of 14,594
Thank you so much, I will place an order and give it a go, I am not technically minded and not up to the jargon as used by most on this site but I am slowly picking things up and gaining a greater knowledge of sound. I am more of a plug it in put it on and if it sounds good then I am happy :beyersmile:
Ask the seller for the head-fi discount. I bought from that seller a couple times and he offers very good pricing and advice to head-fi members. Both cables that I ordered were very good, and he made matching adapted for me for a fair price (4.4mm female to 3.5mm male). That way I could use my balanced headphones in 3.5mm jacks without removing the cable.

My only complaint is the little plastic shield at the end of the jack/connector slips out all the time, but it’s not a big deal. It doesn’t seem to have any real function for me.

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #11,666 of 14,594
Ask the seller for the head-fi discount.

Already ordered so too late to ask for a discount :triportsad: But they were 55% off (if that's the truth) so psychologically my brain is telling me I got a good deal lol. I will have to remember that for next time, once again many thanks. Just need everything to turn up so I can play with my new shiny toys :o2smile:

Mar 21, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #11,667 of 14,594
Would depend upon some variables but that the MAX Ti sound is digital is ridiculous.
I would view the "Ti" as "FL" grade "mosenite", while I would regard the dx300 as "VVS2, N-color diamond" ...
😄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back