iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Nov 20, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #8,941 of 14,593
I was wondering about the LO on the AMP12. Tried it briefly for the first time today. I have 2 questions:

Is LO only accessible via Mango?
Why doesn't setting the output to LO max the digital volume? Do I really need to manually raise the volume to 100?

TIA
No. About Mango os and Android the same. Set the volume to 75-80. That always fits. Personally, I think the sound in the Mango OS is better.

Nov 20, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #8,942 of 14,593
I was wondering about the LO on the AMP12. Tried it briefly for the first time today. I have 2 questions:

Is LO only accessible via Mango?
Why doesn't setting the output to LO max the digital volume? Do I really need to manually raise the volume to 100?

TIA
LO is whenever you plugged into LO port, regardless of OS systems.

The volume will not be raised automatically, not everyone prefer to have digital attenuation to be maximized out. The Amp12 LO is physically detected by the port, hence the firmware LO switch will not be valid.

Yes, MangoOS sounds is dope, the real reason why anyone should buy Ibasso Players !! The dual OS systems, Android or Dedicated OS (Not fake Android OS disguised as Dedicated OS that confuses the buyers, like FiiO/Shanling/AK), the only thing is that people is so used to be cheated out, so they typically think Ibasso MangoOS is another cheat, and because Ibasso also has a Mango Player App, and that further the confusion 😂

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #8,943 of 14,593
LO is whenever you plugged into LO port, regardless of OS systems.

The volume will not be raised automatically, not everyone prefer to have digital attenuation to be maximized out. The Amp12 LO is physically detected by the port, hence the firmware LO switch will not be valid.

Yes, MangoOS sounds is dope, the real reason why anyone should buy Ibasso Players !! The dual OS systems, Android or Dedicated OS (Not fake Android OS disguised as Dedicated OS that confuses the buyers, like FiiO/Shanling/AK), the only thing is that people is so used to be cheated out, so they typically think Ibasso MangoOS is another cheat, and because Ibasso also has a Mango Player App, and that further the confusion 😂
Thanks bro I didn't know that about real Android on ibasso vs the competition. Wonder if things will change for m9

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #8,944 of 14,593
So girls and boys I don't want to advertise Focal. I don't have anything either. I'm a normal customer. But the Celestee is really good with AMP 12.
I've been hearing things from the 90s for hours now. Things from the index, at the beginning of the 90s the largest disco in Germany. Now one of the largest in Europe, if not the largest. In any case, I knew some of the DJs personally and have many live recordings that I have converted to Flac. Absolutely cool with Celestee. A sound feeling as if I were in the middle of it. Really great 312 and Celestee

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #8,948 of 14,593
I'm telling you guys, don't ever be hindered by DAC chip issues again! A R2R Resister Ladder DAC (ala RS6) with swappable amp modules is the way to go! Combine that with an solid FGPA and algorithm implementation and a excellent CPU/enough Ram that will give you several years of software speed and upgradeability and iBasso will be the Schiit!!
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #8,949 of 14,593
I just received my dx311 and couldnt wait to listen and compare it to my x7mk2.

Initial thoughts:
It needs time to break in.
I hear some harshness in the high end but the low end, detail and soundstage are all improved relative to the fiio, both with balanced and single ended output3 to JH13.

Even so:
1. It beats the fiio x7mk2, no question. No further test listening comparisons needed.
2. The balanced output to JH13 is dramatically better than single ended. There is a huge improvement in soundstage.
3. #2 suggests that I should also buy the amp12 option.

Then I would insert amp12 for use with iems/travel and use the default amp11 in the car (the car system has no balanced line input---i need to give that limitation some thought, as the balanced out to iems is so much better than the single ended output).

Recording studios routinely use transformer based adapters to bring single ended signals into the balanced studio environment. Is there an equivalent balanced to single ended solution based on transformers that won't screw up the grounds on the balanced amp?

I'm thinking of doing the amp12W mod, which you all seem to agree further improves the amp12. Is there an amp11W mod that is worth doing?

Finally, since the LO bypasses the amp and comes straight from the DAC section, is there anything that will improve the LO signal quality? Is PO either a viable or better alternative to LO? I'm trying to maximize goodness in my car setup. I do have single ended high level inputs in the car system.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #8,950 of 14,593

Initial thoughts:
I hear some harshness in the high end but the low end, detail and soundstage are all improved relative to the fiio, both with balanced and single ended output3 to JH13.

Even so:
1. It beats the fiio x7mk2, no question. No further test listening comparisons needed.
2. The balanced output to JH13 is dramatically better than single ended. There is a huge improvement in soundstage.

Then I would insert amp12 for use with iems/travel and use the default amp11 in the car (the car system has no balanced line input---i need to give that limitation some thought, as the balanced out to iems is so much better than the single ended output).

Recording studios routinely use transformer based adapters to bring single ended signals into the balanced studio environment. Is there an equivalent balanced to single ended solution based on transformers that won't screw up the grounds on the balanced amp?

I'm thinking of doing the amp12W mod, which you all seem to agree further improves the amp12. Is there an amp11W mod that is worth doing?

Finally, since the LO bypasses the amp and comes straight from the DAC section, is there anything that will improve the LO signal quality? Is PO either a viable or better alternative to LO? I'm trying to maximize goodness in my car setup. I do have single ended high level inputs in the car system.
1/ transformers balanced into single-ended xformers Boxes are available by Jensen off Amazon. You can DIY if you prefer so, which I did, and I love it

2/ I never really cared much for amp11, so I haven’t really been satisfied on any way to modify amp11

Nov 21, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #8,951 of 14,593
DX300 + DCA Stealth.... Mr. Clark.... You're alright with me man.... @mrspeakers this is magnificent
163753251516870979671649354841.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #8,952 of 14,593

Initial thoughts:

Even so:

Finally, since the LO bypasses the amp and comes straight from the DAC section, is there anything that will improve the LO signal quality? Is PO either a viable or better alternative to LO? I'm trying toaximuze goodness in my car setup. I do have single ended high level inputs in the car system.

1/ transformers balanced into single-ended xformers Boxes are available by Jensen off Amazon. You can DIY if you prefer so, which I did, and I love it

2/ I never really cared much for amp11, so I haven’t really been satisfied on any way to modify amp11

cool!
Jensen PI-2XR seems to be what i need.
then I add a TRRRS ==> 2x XLR cable from the iBasso to the Jensen, and then RCA into my car aux input

then i only need the amp12W and don't have to swap out between car and train/plane use.

is there a link to someone who does the 12W mod?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #8,954 of 14,593
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a iBasso DX300 to go with my iFi Audio Micro iDSD Signature and a pair of Focal Clears. Figured it was time to step it up and move past using my Pixel as a DAP. Thanksgiving just got a whole lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back