iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #8,476 of 14,596
Hmm - I just tried using Firefox instead of Chrome and it worked. Has anyone else been able to download on Win10/Chrome? If so then it's likely something on my pc.
I used Firefox but after downloading could not activate the install, what file location did uou unzip it to.

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #8,477 of 14,596
More of a datapoint. My DX300, purchased mid July, started to have issues with the volume knob today. There is a position of the knob’s rotation that also actuates the power button.

During normal use this means adjusting volume cause the display to turn on or off when I pass that point. If my desired volume correlates with that point then the power button is seen as being held. Eventually the power shortcuts will appear and then the player will force power down. If I fail to rotate the knob away from that point during boot it will cause the boot to loop as it thinks the power button is still being held.

I’ve reached out to my dealer and am waiting to hear back, but thought this might be a useful point of info. Hopefully it’s just an issue on an outlier unit.
See this earlier post - someone else had a similar issue
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...rmware-09-29-21-1-04-305.943221/post-16550433

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #8,478 of 14,596
I used Firefox but after downloading could not activate the install, what file location did uou unzip it to.
I put the zip in the root of the internal memory. I'm currently on 1.03.241 firmware - the one that's not on the website. I'm wondering if there's a general problem with it that includes problematic FW updates (to be clear, I'm guessing). What version are you on?

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #8,479 of 14,596
Yeah, looks like that one, and then a later reply with a similar issue. Not sure if either of them knew it may be hardware related rather then tied to a software update. I can see mine is definitely hardware related based on how I reproduce it, how the screen turns off, and how the knob feels at that rotation point.

Your reply to the first one isn't quite clear if it is just apps crashing, or OS reboot, but maybe something to watch out for if you can correlate it to rotating the knob.

For me if I rotate the knob slowly there is a point that feels almost a bit gritty when rotating (less like debri though and more like a slight tolerance issue). That I noticed day one but it didn't seem to have any functionality impact. Now when I reach that gritty point it actuates the power switch that is behind the knob. That is new and only started happening a couple of days ago. I can reproduce the issue by slowly rotating the knob via knerled edge closest to the screen (rather then from the center). While rotating the screen will turn on or off, and kind of flicker when it is doing that (almost like it is just ever so slight pressing the power switch, like right on the actuation edge). That slight angular force by rotating from the front edge, which I would consider normal use, in combination with what feels like a tolerance issue on one area of the knob, is enough to hit the power switch and keep it held even when I stop touching the knob.

That would make it myself who knows it's hardware, and then potentially up to 3 others (yourself included) that may be seeing similar but have not correlated it to hardware.

@Paul - iBasso didn't seem to have a reply to those earlier posts as they got lost in other conversations.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #8,480 of 14,596
Justo to clarify it wasn't me that had the problem - I was just letting you know it was there.
Nick

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #8,482 of 14,596
Question for PMEQ users: I just started using PMEQ and had expected the point I set with one filter to "freeze" in place once I select another filter. After all, the data for a given point changes to the currently selected filter. But all other points are still movable and, boy, is it easy to swipe one of these other points when setting up a new one. Am I missing something? Less of a problem with the DX300's screen size compared with my DX160 but an aggravation, nonetheless. If this is intended and can't be changed, I might suggest iBasso incorporate freezing unselected points in a future firmware update.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #8,483 of 14,596
Does anybody else have some problem with wma format files? I've got one album, but mango player can't run it well. Other apps doing well with it.
What exactly is the problem? What does 'can't run it well' mean? I don't use WMA files usually but if I know what to look for I'll give it a try to help out.
Nick

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #8,485 of 14,596
One second of sound than one second of the strange scratching sound going on in this way. So just impossible to listen to.
I took a random mp3 file, converted to wma using Mediamonkey, and it plays ok both on the Mango app on Android, and the Mango system.
Nick

Oct 6, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #8,486 of 14,596
I took a random mp3 file, converted to wma using Mediamonkey, and it plays ok both on the Mango app on Android, and the Mango system.
Nick
Is it possible to post link for an example? Hope so... Check this file out
gogopenguin wma file (Hibi music app or aimp player on win don't have troubles with this file 😥 )

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #8,487 of 14,596
Is it possible to post link for an example? Hope so... Check this file out
gogopenguin wma file
There's a problem with the file - I get the same bad sound on my player. So at least you know it's not a problem with the player.
Nick

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #8,489 of 14,596
It was qobuz download. So I'll try another format. Sorry for off top than. :)
Actually I've just tried playing it on my PC and it works fine. And it also plays on the DX300 using Neutron player - but neither version of Mango will play it properly. That's interesting.

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #8,490 of 14,596
20211007_072648.jpg
20211007_072635.jpg

Just sharing thoughts...
UAPP with pre set EQ, Morphlt to imitate ATH R-70x.
while using HD668b, DX300 setup on Hi gain & DF2.
I like what I heard... spacious soundstage & Imaging is Good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back