iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #7,906 of 14,593
Hi.

I have already the uapp + eq unlocked for tidal. I have already everything.

I want something for Spotify as for me Spotify is a must for discovering new music.
Idk if the new eq app from poweramp if will work.

The new hiby devices have global eq plug ins and all astell and kern players have also System wide eq but I like more the sound of ibasso players.

I have on all players from ibasso I had installed lurkers firmware and rooted the devices with magisk and installed sound mods but I don't want to do experiments with 1200 Euro player again.

System wide eqs on rooted daps are in different Liga , Believe me .
If eq is crap why ibasso have on mango app eq ?

thx for your help I'll buy it anyway 😂
EQ is not crap.
But a global EQ app in Android means not to bypass the Android audio stack, what means you have all its limitations, resampling,...

Apps as Mango, UAPP, Neutron, Hiby Music... are ready to bypass the Android audio stack and to offer bit perfect sound, avoid resampling, supporting MQA, pure DSD... If you pass the sound through a global EQ app, you will miss all these advantages.

If you need a global EQ app, I recommend you using an Android phone and a Qudelix 5k device. This device (qudelix 5k) is amazing and it's parametric EQ too. And with its later firmware you have even AutoEQ.

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #7,907 of 14,593
Hi.

I want something for Spotify as for me Spotify is a must for discovering new music.

The new hiby devices have global eq plug ins and all astell and kern players have also System wide eq but I like more the sound of ibasso players.

I have on all players from ibasso I had installed lurkers firmware and rooted the devices with magisk and installed sound mods but I don't want to do experiments with 1200 Euro player again.

The Hiby global EQ is not Parametric. It looks like the screenshot below and I think aren’t very helpful if you want pinpoint accuracy for EQ.
They also added a plug-in for Convolution EQ but when I tried it, there were lots of limitations.

Attachments

• 6DD3C621-84F5-411B-BBC7-F9D7D88C8901.png
    6DD3C621-84F5-411B-BBC7-F9D7D88C8901.png
    450.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #7,908 of 14,593
The Hiby global EQ is not Parametric. It looks like the screenshot below and I think aren’t very helpful if you want pinpoint accuracy for EQ.
They also added a plug-in for Convolution EQ but when I tried it, there were lots of limitations.
I think that is just the thing. There are a ton of 3rd party apps that are "system-wide" EQ, but there are really none that give you any sort of pinpoint accuracy IMO. The best I have used (which can't be used on either DX300 or the DX160) is Viper4Android.

Hi.

All A&Ks have system-wide EQ because they are running a custom version of android, not stock android like the DX160 and DX300.

I think you misunderstand what I was trying to say. I didn't say all EQ apps suck, I said system-wide EQ apps in android suck. And, the EQ app in Mango is NOT system-wide. It only works in the app itself. I don't think (that I have heard of) the DX300 has been rooted, though I don't imagine it to be that hard really, since it is (basically) stock android. Maybe you can root it and install some sound mods like you did for the DX160 through Magisk?! If you ever get Viper4Android working, DO let us know, as I wouldn't mind having that one myself (though I really don't think that will happen).

I would say that the DX DAPs are the safest ones to experiment with rooting (if that is your thing), because all you have to have is the original download FW from iBasso, a usb cable and a pc, and you can pretty much un-brick any situation you can think of (and/or return it to factory state). It doesn't have any fuses, or anything like that, so you are safe, as long as the software isn't corrupted, though you can indefinitely download it from the site, so you are good...

There are a ton of 3rd party eq apps you can download and install that are system-wide (and don't require root), but they don't work very well, and I suspect you won't be happy with them. This is what I meant by saying that all system-wide EQ apps on android are crap.

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #7,909 of 14,593
If you need a global EQ app, I recommend you using an Android phone and a Qudelix 5k device. This device (qudelix 5k) is amazing and it's parametric EQ too. And with its later firmware you have even AutoEQ.
Oh WOW! Learn something new every day. I did not know that it had access to AutoEQ also. That is one amazing little device it would seem?!

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #7,912 of 14,593
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #7,914 of 14,593
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #7,915 of 14,593
Guys, anyone else noticed that Album Art for albums look pixelated on the Mango Player App since the last firmware update?
Did something in the settings change? My album art is usually 1200x1200 - 1500x1500, not sure why it looks pixelated all of a sudden?

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #7,916 of 14,593
After MIA a while, I am back at the forum. Been doing lots of testing with AMP12. Isit me or I am crazy, that I use the insulating film from AMP11 and put on the 12 the mids is slight foward and sweeter?

Also the match on A8000 with Plato is just perfection!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back