iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 10, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #7,396 of 14,618
I agree with you 100%. The Mest MK II is similar to the Odin. Amp 12 is definitely a better fit.
I've been A/B testing the Odin and Traillii with DX300 Amp12 + c9. This is just an initial impression and I need to do much more listening and across days. I think I may be the first to say it. I prefer the Odin to the Traillii in this set up. AMP12 puts the sound on the Odin much more in balance solving the coherence and brightness problems I heard before. Once those problems are solved, the main difference between the two TOTL IEMs is the energy in the upper mids/treble and bass quality of the Odin. This clearly manifests itself in listening to Jazz music.

Jul 10, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #7,397 of 14,618
It's a review but not mine lol :sweat_smile: I'd love to be a talented reviewer but, unfortunately, it's not the case.
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Neither do I
But it's true. I've been listening to the MKI for about 5 months and I agree with the comparison with Amp 12. Me the Mest MKII is similar to the Odin. After listening for a while you got tired because of these forward-looking mids, which sometimes felt as if you were being yelled at by the singer with some songs. Also all the people who own the Mest MKII and by chance the Fiio cable. Try out. That gave the voices such a nice melt. Really cool

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #7,409 of 14,618
At the moment I am testing the Fiio LC-RE cable on the Mest MK II. After the first few songs I have to say straight away that I like it better than the PW M2, which is included as standard. My first impression was clearer with more details and deeper bass. Next week I'll get the Satinaudio Athena. Wait and see what happens then. I am so curious

Funny how a 200$ copper, silver and gold cable, beats a 560$ copper cable.
Still some people say, cables make no difference, but resistance is a big factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back