iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 8, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #7,336 of 14,596
Just received the DX300 and very much enjoying its sound with the Sennheiser IE900. However, I'm having problems with the hardware buttons becoming intermittently unresponsive after the display has timed out. It appears to be hit and miss, sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after 10-20 minutes of playing. It happens both with the Mango android app and the Neutron app. Is this a known issue and does anyone have any solutions or workarounds?
Same here, also with AIMP. Ibasso has always had software issues. I left years ago and bought Onkyo, in fact 2x, gave it a chance again now with the DX300. Great hardware, but software is still not grown up. I can not even sort by file type (WAV, FLAC...) , a very important feature for me. Swipe on the top to the next song, then try the virtual button do the same and the same song starts again. This should not happen in that league.
But at least I enjoy very good sound.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #7,338 of 14,596
Same here, also with AIMP. Ibasso has always had software issues. I left years ago and bought Onkyo, in fact 2x, gave it a chance again now with the DX300. Great hardware, but software is still not grown up. I can not even sort by file type (WAV, FLAC...) , a very important feature for me. Swipe on the top to the next song, then try the virtual button do the same and the same song starts again. This should not happen in that league.
But at least I enjoy very good sound.
You could always try a more "grown up" player like Neutron, or UAPP, or the Hiby app. Not too sure if they have that option either though. I am not as fond of Mango app either, but it is functional, and I can see my way past it for the greatness that is the DX300.. :)

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #7,339 of 14,596
Will definitely keep you posted on my thoughts between DUW-03 that's standard with the SA9 and Blanche.

Started off unboxing the SA6 and connected to the L&P W2 > iPhone 12 Pro Max listening to Apple Music lossless and Tidal Masters. First impression, was wow - so much nicer than bluetooth streaming to APM and B&O H95.

Unboxed the DX300 with AMP11 Mk2 and as someone new to DAPs, I was oh f'ing wow - this is what I've been missing out all of these years. My intent is to skip burning in AMP11 Mk2 and go straight to AMP12 as I've read impressive results with AMP + C9.

Going to focus on getting 50+ hours in with AMP12 and SA6 then SA6 + Blanche then Mest MkII. My main pairing will be DX312 + C9 + Mest MkII.
Right now I'm using U12T from LP W2 connected to my iPhone 12, and after reading your post looks like I'm gonna save more money to buy DX300.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #7,340 of 14,596
Right now I'm using U12T from LP W2 connected to my iPhone 12, and after reading your post looks like I'm gonna save more money to buy DX300.
Good! I have been dying to know what the U12T sound like from the DX300?! I just got my IT07, but really wanted to try the U12T (but a bit above the current budget, and didn't want to wait and save).

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #7,341 of 14,596
Jul 9, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #7,342 of 14,596
Loaded up a microSD mix of DSD256, WAV32, FLACs. AMP12 installed with line out to C9 - gain H/timber on tubes/class A, started with Shirley Horn. Newbie's first impression... speechless... warm, lush, detailed, intimate - like I was there. I'm done, LOL.

IMG_2140.jpeg

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #7,343 of 14,596
Loaded up a microSD mix of DSD256, WAV32, FLACs. AMP12 installed with line out to C9 - gain H/timber on tubes/class A, started with Shirley Horn. Newbie's first impression... speechless... warm, lush, detailed, intimate - like I was there. I'm done, LOL.

IMG_2140.jpeg
Now you know why I'm replacing the Hi Res Sticker on mine with Awesome Sauce?! Don't forget about the Amp11 MKII, it is no slouch, and from what I am reading has a bit different tuning (I haven't taken the Amp 12 plunge just yet).

I'm assuming (from your post earlier) that you are using the MKII and not the Dunu's for the moment?

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #7,344 of 14,596
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice from anyone here (that'd probably be everyone) with more experience than me. The DX300 with Amp12 seems to be a great choice. Now I'm interested getting the Mest MKII and Hifiman Arya in the future. Can the DX300 with Amp12 drive Arya well?

I am currently using Chord Mojo with Campfire Audio Vega. Does the DX300 sound significantly better than Mojo? If not, do you guys think it's a better idea to get something like a Topping D90/A90 combo for the Arya instead and keep using the Mojo for the IEMs? I live in Bangladesh, where there isn't any shop who sells audiophile products, so I have to rely on the reviews/comments and then ship them from abroad - I can't listen to them myself before buying.

Thanks.

Surja
I own a DX300, Chord Mojo/Poly, Chord Hugo 2/2go, DX160, Hiby R6 2020, L&P W2, Lotoo PAW S1 and DragonFly Red. My DX300 with AMP 11 mk1 is my favorite source of all and right up there is sound quality with my Chord Hugo 2. You are safe making a purhase of a DX300 as it can drive everything I own extremely well and with lots of headroom. It drives my HD800S, Focal Utopia, Hifiman Ananda, and ZMF Verite Closed. I just purchased an HE1000SE which I will get in a couple of weeks. I don’t have an Arya, but I given its performance driving everything I own, I think you will be fine. I also have a Cayin C9 and I purchase Amp 12 to pair them together.;

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #7,345 of 14,596
Newbie Head-fi'er first post and joining the DX300 crew.

My Head-fi starter kit.

DAP - iBasso DX300 AMP11 Mk2 and AMP12; Fiio M11 Plus LTD
IEMs - UM Mest MkII, DUNU SA6 + Blanche
AMP - Cayin C9
Incoming - Eletech Socrates IEM cable and Illiad interconnects

IMG_2120.jpeg
Very nice. You will be set for a while with that set up. You are already ready to scale the Summit Fi IEMs.

By this time next year, you will have Traillii, Mason FS, Elysian X and several Orpheus cables.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #7,347 of 14,596
Now you know why I'm replacing the Hi Res Sticker on mine with Awesome Sauce?! Don't forget about the Amp11 MKII, it is no slouch, and from what I am reading has a bit different tuning (I haven't taken the Amp 12 plunge just yet).

I'm assuming (from your post earlier) that you are using the MKII and not the Dunu's for the moment?
I've been unboxing, setting up the DAPs and testing to make sure everything is working and operational. I'll be switching between both IEMs on a daily basis.

Listened to DX312 + SA6 DUW-03 cable for 1.5hr and then replaced with Blanche. SA6 DUW-03 sounded nice but with Blanche the difference was remarkable, the SA6 sounded unconstrained, more detailed, improved bass - punchier(?). Almost like DUW-03 was holding back the performance of SA6 - if that makes sense.

And UM Mest MkII, just takes it up even more... I've hit my IEM ceiling for now, LOL.

I also tested the Fiio M11 Plus LTD and I was surprisingly and regretfully underwhelmed - despite the admiration for AK44XX DACs - *ducks for cover*. M11 Plus LTD has all the right specs and competitively priced but the DX300 sounded special right at the start.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #7,348 of 14,596
How much Shanling M8 is better than the dx300? Is it very audible difference? Or mostly tuning-wise difference?

People's descriptions of the M8 really makes it seem like it showcases the AKM dac's tuning.

I wonder how the dx300MAX with the akm4499 is going to turn out. Will they compensate for the akm better?

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #7,349 of 14,596
Listened to DX312 + SA6 DUW-03 cable for 1.5hr and then replaced with Blanche. SA6 DUW-03 sounded nice but with Blanche the difference was remarkable, the SA6 sounded unconstrained, more detailed, improved bass - punchier(?). Almost like DUW-03 was holding back the performance of SA6 - if that makes sense.
It totally makes sense. I didn't used to be a "cable" believer, but with really good IEMs it is a noticeable difference. That is one of the reasons I wanted your take on the Blanche. It is the only pure silver cable that Dunu currently sells, and the DUW-03 is an SPC cable. Your ears are good, because pure silver is known to make soundstage wider, bass tighter, upper end more airy, etc. On the other end of the spectrum, pure copper makes bass bigger, overall sound more intimate, upper end tamed a bit, etc...

And UM Mest MkII, just takes it up even more... I've hit my IEM ceiling for now, LOL.
That is fantastic. I haven't heard them, but have read a lot about them as they are one that has been compared to my IT07 in some reviews I have read.

I also tested the Fiio M11 Plus LTD and I was surprisingly and regretfully underwhelmed - despite the admiration for AK44XX DACs - *ducks for cover*. M11 Plus LTD has all the right specs and competitively priced but the DX300 sounded special right at the start.
There are those that think the DX300 sounds better than the M8, and pretty much anything else out there. Though, there are also some that think the DX220 MAX still sounds better, at this range it is probably not a matter of "better" but just tuned differently. Who knows? I don't really care, because I have reached end game territory, until this one craps out.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #7,350 of 14,596
Very nice. You will be set for a while with that set up. You are already ready to scale the Summit Fi IEMs.

By this time next year, you will have Traillii, Mason FS, Elysian X and several Orpheus cables.
Thank you, sir. I'll admit to lurking your posts as yours and others have guided my selection. Greatly appreciate your perspectives.

Haha oh gosh no, I know my limits though I'm tempted… maybe in 2 years but until then I will live virtually and vivaciously through you and others!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back