iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 3, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #7,051 of 14,593
Maybe path length?
It isn't the folder itself that causes the transfer to stop, but some of the flac files, and it isn't due to having an excessive number of characters

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #7,053 of 14,593
you trying to copy an entire folder?
Yes, a an album in a folder with separate flac tracks inside. Maybe some character causes problems. Tomorrow I'll do some more tests, thank you very much for your answers.

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #7,054 of 14,593
Yes, a an album in a folder with separate flac tracks inside. Maybe some character causes problems. Tomorrow I'll do some more tests, thank you very much for your answers.

I have run in to this on other Android daps as well and with the exception of a bad sd card once, always file length having to many characters.
That total number includes primary folder all sub folder and length of music file/title. When it freezes and stops transfer you can look in folder on dap and see the last song transferred and the next one in the original folder is the issue.
Classical music files seems usually for me.

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #7,055 of 14,593
20210704_025142.jpg

Since its initial release I'm not sure should I get one or not.

But today I've got these two, and my initial impression out of the box with Noble Sultan Damascus Black on Black is very, very, very GOOD! The sound is big, spacious and very details, I just never heard Sultan Damascus this good before with MAX, really put a big smile on my face. This is with stock AMP11 MKII, haven't touch the AMP12 yet.

DX300 really surprised me and exceed my expectations, sounding really good out of the box can't wait how it will improve after the burn in process, still got about 15 hours and the battery on Mango OS is crazy good too. Congrats to iBasso for making great products and keep improving.
:beerchug:

Cons. Still don't like the design, just my personal taste, but if it sound this good I don't care, very happy with this purchase.

:L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #7,056 of 14,593
It happens to me that when trying to copy certain albums to the ibasso's internal memory from Windows, the transfer stops and only some files are copied. The same thing happens in my father's unit. Any solution? Thank you very much in advance.
It could be as suggested, the special characters, or length, or it could possibly be the cable itself. With the DX160, it could only be used for charging. It would give similar issues when trying to use it to transfer files. Eventually I just put the micro SD card in the PC and did it directly.

If all that fails, it might be the SD card. The way I found to get around this when I had the very same issue with Fiio DAPS was to use an app like Mediamonkey to sync to the card, instead of copying it directly. Don't ask me why this worked?! One more suggestion is to try reformatting the card. If it is exfat, format it to fat32, and vice versa. Make sure it is NOT NTFS though.
That might be a good solution. I ruled that out at first because I do want to change tracks when the screen is off. But, I can just hit the volume button first, then change tracks. That might work better for me since I accidentally change tracks so frequently.
+1 for the TPU case. It makes the buttons harder to press accidental. It is all but guaranteed that you won't press them unless it is intentional.

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #7,058 of 14,593
Honestly i dont like the black case which comes with the amp12. I dont think its a real leather, but i can be wrong. The original is for sure leather- smells like it, it has characteristic softness when you touch it. So ive decided to make it more usable and removed the plastic parts that were sewn into the buttons spots. These little bastards caused many problems with accidental changes of the songs. Now it works like it a charm.

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #7,059 of 14,593
I just want to drop this here as people was asking about how Dx300amp fare with MQA ? By far 8x is doing it just fine

317E70D7-F346-4CA0-B66E-4E4DD683B9EC.jpeg
Do you buy MQA on Tidal and then transfer to the DAP?

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #7,060 of 14,593
Honestly i dont like the black case which comes with the amp12. I dont think its a real leather, but i can be wrong. The original is for sure leather- smells like it, it has characteristic softness when you touch it. So ive decided to make it more usable and removed the plastic parts that were sewn into the buttons spots. These little bastards caused many problems with accidental changes of the songs. Now it works like it a charm.
iBasso has stated it is Italian leather. I have no reason to doubt them. Personally, I like the case but the side buttons are a little easy to press.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #7,062 of 14,593
Ich frage mich wirklich, wie "besser" MAX3 im Vergleich zu AMP12 sein könnte. Es ist so enorm gut mit Full-Size-HPs. Mit Kennerton Thekk klingt es hervorragend.

I am really wondering how "better" MAX3 could be compared to AMP12. It is so enormously good with full sized HPs. It sounds superb with Kennerton Thekk.
I asked myself that when I still had my DX 300 with the AMP 11 MK, so I was thinking about ordering the Max as well. 5 days ago my AMP 12 finally came. I only listened for a few hours but I'm so excited. The Mest MK II sound something brilliant with the DX 312. I am now wondering what will AMP 13 do ???

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #7,063 of 14,593
I just want to drop this here as people was asking about how Dx300amp fare with MQA ? By far 8x is doing it just fine

317E70D7-F346-4CA0-B66E-4E4DD683B9EC.jpeg
Thank you for the recommendation earlier this year of this album, my first foray into the world of Taylor Swift…at first i was like meh, but in time it has grown on me

#memories #privatejoke

F3419F39-7DDD-4549-9574-FA02551B6D06.png

Jul 3, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #7,065 of 14,593
I asked myself that when I still had my DX 300 with the AMP 11 MK, so I was thinking about ordering the Max as well. 5 days ago my AMP 12 finally came. I only listened for a few hours but I'm so excited. The Mest MK II sound something brilliant with the DX 312. I am now wondering what will AMP 13 do ???
People in iBasso may be scratching their heads right now, thinking what else to add in amp13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back