iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 27, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,852 of 14,593
You get most of that under About. There haven't been any firmware updates. I suspect as a norm there will be but so far, I have not had any issues with the current one.
Not about issues...
More to do with modifications
You get most of that under About. There haven't been any firmware updates. I suspect as a norm there will be but so far, I have not had any issues with the current one.
All the info is under Settings in About.
Was hoping to get started on some work before my device arrives, need the current kernel version.
I am trying to get info to start to modify some Android apps I have built.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #2,853 of 14,593
Is that really the case also for other new DAPs?
Am honestly a bit shocked as I haven't expected this when ordering the Dx300.
Officially Amazon doesn't support HD on ANY Android device
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=14070322011
Why then can DX max play HD on Amazon Music running older Lollipop?

@Paul - iBasso
Hi Paul, can you please check that? I assume that's a bummer for many buyers...
It is disappointing indeed—it definitely isn’t all android devices. My A&K SP1000m plays the files at the appropriate bitrate and it is android based. What’s frustrating is that the app clearly recognized the dap because it recognizes that it is capable of 24/192khz, but then android is resampling to 48khz. My understanding was that this is precisely what the all audio to FPGA master was in place to avoid, but clearly something about the Amazon music app isn’t playing working correctly with the DX300 and so android isn’t getting bypassed. Tidal is working correctly, so it isn’t a universal issue with all apps.
5DB630B7-2539-4EC7-8424-CE3C8E2163D8.jpeg

If you look here, the Amazon app says it’s playing at 24-bit/96khz, but the bar at the top of the screen indicates it is actually playing at 48khz (top left)

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,854 of 14,593
It is disappointing indeed—it definitely isn’t all android devices. My A&K SP1000m plays the files at the appropriate bitrate and it is android based. What’s frustrating is that the app clearly recognized the dap because it recognizes that it is capable of 24/192khz, but then android is resampling to 48khz. My understanding was that this is precisely what the all audio to FPGA master was in place to avoid, but clearly something about the Amazon music app isn’t playing working correctly with the DX300 and so android isn’t getting bypassed. Tidal is working correctly, so it isn’t a universal issue with all apps.5DB630B7-2539-4EC7-8424-CE3C8E2163D8.jpeg
If you look here, the Amazon app says it’s playing at 24-bit/96khz, but the bar at the top of the screen indicates it is actually playing at 48khz (top left)
I would guess just a glitch in the software in showing what it is really playing at. I don't think it is a big deal and will get corrected.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,855 of 14,593
I would guess just a glitch in the software in showing what it is really playing at. I don't think it is a big deal and will get corrected.
Yeah, I’m confident it will get fixed, but wanted to raise it here to see whether anyone knew any solutions. This issue aside, I think the DAP is great—I’m very happy with it and even right out of the box, the sound is authoritative, powerful, and engrossing, especially with tidal.

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #2,857 of 14,593
Being subject to the power of head-fi is soemthing else, LOL. I mean, the DX300 is mos def not a device I need, or even want, tbh. It is way over-built specs-wise for someone like me. Streaming just has zero interest to me; I do not want a mobile multi-media device (and if I did, it would be a proper tablet); it's just so dang big (which, sure, evinces the audio quality it provides); the design aesthetic does not jibe with me at all (I'm into more industrial than, say, steam punk'ish...can't think of a better way to convey contrasting styles, LOL....I think the volume wheel is so jarring to me). Yet, here I sit, super tempted to blow my 2021 "portable/transportable source" budget in the first month on a device I just showed how it isn't for me!! LMAO

The only thing "saving" me thus far is my Sony fandom. I'm determined to not actually buy anything until either Sony announces new DAP, or we get towards end of 2021 with zero substantial rumors of something forthcoming. All I know is that I have accepted the fact that I'll be paying for stuff I just don't want, no matter what direction I go in. Guys like me who only play music files stored on-device/on SD card, who have no interest in watching videos or playing games or surfing the web on the device, are growing fewer and fewer in number, and I get that.
IMO, that is why Mango OS for...

I think I am also like you, offliner...
but sometimes I need Spotify or YT to search songs...
its an optional that you can do it own the DAP itself...

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #2,858 of 14,593
198E91F7-5764-43E4-9CC6-F076AEE82F86.jpeg

Received my order from Bloom Audio. As usual, I love their speed, service, and prices.

I don’t usually write my thoughts so soon after receiving a device, but I really love this player. I have a iFi Signature and was curious if I could find a player that could power my non-Fazor LCD-3 as well as an awesome separate DAC/amp. Without any break-in, I’m confident that this is the player that can. Make no mistake, it is not as powerful as an iFi Signature but at high gain at volume 50/100, I feel like my LCD-3 is getting the power it needs to shine. This is a remarkable device.

The beautiful planar bass is in full effect and everything feels right with the world.

DRAWBACKS:
  • It is huge. I have it next to the iFi Signature in the photo above. I did not expect it to be bigger than the Signature, but it is. I can‘t get over how big it is!
  • The blue case is nice to have, but it seems to be a little ”off” in terms of fit. The buttons below the volume button don’t match up on the case and the device so it can be tough to press the right one if you keep the screen off. It’s better than nothing. I don’t plan to replace it, because it is good enough
I‘lol have more thoughts later - but man, I am shocked at how much I like this DAP already.

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #2,859 of 14,593
Also - dead quiet with my IE800S at Medium Gain. Running both headphones with 4.4mm balanced cables. This is just excellent.

Wish tap to wake worked. Also, missing Airplay. I thought all DAP had Airplay these days.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #2,861 of 14,593
Jan 27, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #2,863 of 14,593
Early impressions: sound was very good out of box. I did not quite get the holographic sound (relative to Turbo R8, at least), but mids were full and rich. I listened for 30 minutes and then burned in all day.

I am revisiting with Traillii (10 hour burn in) with DX300 and the bass is actually incredible. It brings the mids forward (at expense of that unparalleled staging, ofc), and makes the pretty bird (oriolus) into a feisty Eagle 🦅.

The two BAs down there really sounds like a DD. There is rich, thick energy while maintaining still excellent separation. Strong detail. Awesome synergy so far, and a theoretical great compliment to the more textured, airy and less warm R8.

Looking forward to how it continues to develop-but so far seems to be a neutral warm with excellent technicalities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back