iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 27, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #2,836 of 14,593
Wow! Order placed yesterday at Headphoniaks (Spain) and delivered today! Amazing.
I can also recommend this shop.
They had a short off time on their website and I contacted the owner on WhatsApp.
Got a response within 5 minutes with DHL tracking link.
Will hopefully also receive it after 1 day 😃

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #2,839 of 14,593
One thing for sure, there isn't enough talk on how cool the DX300 runs... I mean every other DAP I own runs warm or hot in a pocket, not DX300! This and battery life is pretty great.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #2,840 of 14,593
Being subject to the power of head-fi is soemthing else, LOL. I mean, the DX300 is mos def not a device I need, or even want, tbh. It is way over-built specs-wise for someone like me. Streaming just has zero interest to me; I do not want a mobile multi-media device (and if I did, it would be a proper tablet); it's just so dang big (which, sure, evinces the audio quality it provides); the design aesthetic does not jibe with me at all (I'm into more industrial than, say, steam punk'ish...can't think of a better way to convey contrasting styles, LOL....I think the volume wheel is so jarring to me). Yet, here I sit, super tempted to blow my 2021 "portable/transportable source" budget in the first month on a device I just showed how it isn't for me!! LMAO

The only thing "saving" me thus far is my Sony fandom. I'm determined to not actually buy anything until either Sony announces new DAP, or we get towards end of 2021 with zero substantial rumors of something forthcoming. All I know is that I have accepted the fact that I'll be paying for stuff I just don't want, no matter what direction I go in. Guys like me who only play music files stored on-device/on SD card, who have no interest in watching videos or playing games or surfing the web on the device, are growing fewer and fewer in number, and I get that.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,841 of 14,593
I think black look better lol!! Or better, I want Goldplated color like IPhone 12 Pro Max. I think over a long period of time, black is better to look at and also match the Cayin C9 of a stack is desired
They ended up sending the Blue version which is fine with me. I'm looing forward to it. Impressions to follow.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #2,842 of 14,593
One issue that I have run into is that it seems like the audio from Amazon Music (my preferred streaming app) is not getting routed around the android audio. I've tested this with ultra HD songs, regular HD songs, and standard songs, and regardless, the bit rate indicator at the top left of the player displays 48khz. The app correctly recognizes that the DAP supports 24bit/192khz files, and indicates that it is playing files at their native bit rate (24/44.1khz, 24/96khz, etc), but the bit rate indicator at the top left indicator bar of the DX300 always indicates 48khz. I first installed the app through google play store, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app from Apk Pure, but ran into the same issue. Is Amazon music working correctly for anyone else? Any ideas?
Seems to be par for the course for the Amazon app and new DAPs. Send iBasso an email and ask them to ask Amazon about it.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #2,843 of 14,593
Guys like me who only play music files stored on-device/on SD card, who have no interest in watching videos or playing games or surfing the web on the device, are growing fewer and fewer in number, and I get that.

Files are better but unless you already buy every cd you want (which is.. Pricey for most people) streaming is the thing to do!

Give it a go!

[There's your reason to get a DX300]

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #2,844 of 14,593
Seems to be par for the course for the Amazon app and new DAPs. Send iBasso an email and ask them to ask Amazon about it.
Is that really the case also for other new DAPs?
Am honestly a bit shocked as I haven't expected this when ordering the Dx300.
Officially Amazon doesn't support HD on ANY Android device
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=14070322011
Why then can DX max play HD on Amazon Music running older Lollipop?

@Paul - iBasso
Hi Paul, can you please check that? I assume that's a bummer for many buyers...

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #2,845 of 14,593
Files are better but unless you already buy every cd you want (which is.. Pricey for most people) streaming is the thing to do!

Give it a go!

[There's your reason to get a DX300]
I still hold the position that streaming is for trying an album BEFORE purchasing the disc. Having the music in a rack in my home is the goal. And I have plenty of room for all the music I want to own (so far)

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,846 of 14,593
I have been streaming and getting excellent quality from Amazon and have HD but maybe it is standard coming through? But the sound is very good and it is great as DaYooper says, to try before you buy. :^) But some of the streamed music is so good, I like it just fine and the 300 does such an excellent job with it and at great distance, like 60 feet and more from my WiFi, no issues at all. Also I notice the 300 is a little faster than my Apple 11Pro, which surprises me. It really can't get much faster. Also, the distance is the same as the iPhone 11Pro, maybe just a bit better, which is also a surprise.

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #2,847 of 14,593
I have a DX300 inbound, it is a (catch and release) purchased from a forum member...

Have a few questions about the firmware, hoping to get answers from current owners:

Current Kernel version; found under Settings, System, About DX300, Kernel version?
Current Build number; found under Settings, System, About DX300, Build number?
Has anyone received an OTA Update yet?
There are no firmware downloads on the iBasso web site currently, however OTA uses different delivery method.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #2,848 of 14,593
Just got mine and I have a favor to ask of fellow owners. Can someone load Plex (or plexamp) and try it on their DX300? I use it to stream some of my music and right now when I try to use it I get hiss and distorted music. Tried all the settings etc nothing works.. Just curious if other owners are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks a mil!

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #2,849 of 14,593
I have a DX300 inbound, it is a (catch and release) purchased from a forum member...

Have a few questions about the firmware, hoping to get answers from current owners:

Current Kernel version; found under Settings, System, About DX300, Kernel version?
Current Build number; found under Settings, System, About DX300, Build number?
Has anyone received an OTA Update yet?
There are no firmware downloads on the iBasso web site currently, however OTA uses different delivery method.

Thanks in advance.
You get most of that under About. There haven't been any firmware updates. I suspect as a norm there will be but so far, I have not had any issues with the current one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back