iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 7, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #1,411 of 14,593
Ibasso is introducing a self developed 1st gen Master FPGA chip. Any pics available of it? Why was it thAT ibasso choice of making their own silicon chip and not using a third party one owned by Intel & AMD? Is the removable of DSD512 because of the Master FPGA programming or a hardware issue?
Where did you read that they made the chip?

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #1,413 of 14,593
Where did you read that they made the chip?

This is not speculation. Every official announcement and even on official websites to purchase the DX300 like Audio64. I’ve also posted many of them on this thread that verified those claims (feel free to use the search tool in this thread to find them with provided links)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #1,414 of 14,593
Hey guys too much talking and not enough listen ! capiche :eye:

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #1,415 of 14,593
It actually goes beyond that whether the chip is made in-house or just programmed in-house not why doesn’t ibasso tell it’s potential customers since it controls literally everything audio in the dx300.

We don’t know if they are using a FPGA Chip for the first time, what it specs are like how many logic units, etc and yet it’s what is new from other previous ibasso models.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,418 of 14,593
Saying Echo and then listening to a replied “Echo” from a chamber is technically listening. However, if a tree falls in the forest does it make sound? 🤔

why are you so over hyped about the dx300? are you gonna buy one finally lol and whats your current dap???

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,419 of 14,593
This is not speculation. Every official announcement and even on official websites to purchase the DX300 like Audio64. I’ve also posted many of them on this thread that verified those claims (feel free to use the search tool in this thread to find them with provided links)
I can prety much garantee they did not develop there own fpga chip. It wouldn't only be the difficult task of designing an fpga chip.
They would have do develop the toolchain to program that chip. optimize the luts etc...
What they probably ment was they developed there own circuit to program on the fpga.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,420 of 14,593
I can prety much garantee they did not develop there own fpga chip. It wouldn't only be the difficult task of designing an fpga chip.
They would have do develop the toolchain to program that chip. optimize the luts etc...
What they probably ment was they developed there own circuit to program on the fpga.

That’s what i am thinking also the circuit is optimizing the functionality. I think that’s why they added RAM.

But I liked to know what actual chip they using from a third party. Intel has a Master chip and think now so does AMD but I think it’s a new release. (Not sure??) I’d also like to know what clocks they are use too!

But see now we are speculating with insufficient information...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,421 of 14,593
Developing "own circuit to program on the fpga" is pointless. Why they would need to do that, if they bought ICs from let's say Altera it would come with tools.

What iBasso prolly meant is that they wrote (developed) their own code to do whatever they imagined and designed the FPGA will do.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #1,422 of 14,593
That’s what i am thinking also the circuit is optimizing the functionality. I think that’s why they added RAM.

But I liked to know what actual chip they using from a third party. Intel has a Master chip and think now so does AMD but I think it’s a new release. (Not sure??) I’d also like to know what clocks they are use too!

To me the question is not what brand of fpga they used. (there all prety similiar from a high level perspective)
I wonder why an fpga? So they plan to reprogram it from firmware updates? Than they need a ceperate interface between the cpu and the fpga for that.
(altho partially reprogramaming the fpga over the audio/clock interface might be possible it wouldnt be easy)

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,423 of 14,593

Thank you, I just followed your advice, searched the entire thread, and found my answers. You are the ONLY one in this forum coming up with stories about iBasso "designing their own FPGA" while dozens of other people trying to explain to you how wrong you are :wink: Not sure if this is your wishful thinking, or due to excitement about the new upcoming DAP, or just a personal ignorance due to misunderstanding of technology.

Oh, and I also found through search there hasn't been official English spec with a product description of DX300, and it seems like many on-line stores in a rush to have pre-order page are copying each other and using various translated sources where something could have been lost in translation, including one of the head-fi members who even mentioned that audio46 and Bloom used part of his own translation from this forum without giving him credit :D

Honestly, I still can't figure you out man, if you are for real or is this just a shtick.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #1,424 of 14,593

Does logic synthesis and timing closure mean anything to you? If not, you probably should not worry about chip size, clocks, and all since the FPGA is upstream of DAC. It's one thing to do real-time post processing but this is not. We are making a huge deal out of how iBasso is buffering audio data with FPGA to isolate from CPU interrupts. It's probably more memory intensive than process intensive.

(well... this was to add fuel to another 100 pages of discussion before we see it, lol)

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,425 of 14,593
Does logic synthesis and timing closure mean anything to you? If not, you probably should not worry about chip size, clocks, and all since the FPGA is upstream of DAC. It's one thing to do real-time post processing but this is not. We are making a huge deal out of how iBasso is buffering audio data with FPGA to isolate from CPU interrupts. It's probably more memory intensive than process intensive.

(well... this was to add fuel to another 100 pages of discussion before we see it, lol)

its Ibasso who started the whole thing and the super FPGA master thing lol, I would rather be more impressed by their power and battery management system but fgpa is welcome of course if it can filter that extra fine purity of music and kill the soc plague and affectation to the sound. but why not simply take the soc out and have no soc involved? and find something that can be used differently that way no need for soc and fpga master ?

I see no fpga claims on R8 and M8 devices? I saw fpga on cayin N8 I think it was for different purposes also LPGT has one too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back