iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 6, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #1,336 of 14,593
Some more pics from a Hifi store.

According to them, the OS is extremely smooth. The 6.5 inch screen is so nice that you can enjoy watching videos with it. The tuning is more towards pop music compared to DX220 max. The sound stage is extremely wide. The texture and layering improves from DX220 (non-max? they didn’t make it clear here). In addition, because it has such a large output power, it can drive most IEMs well even in low gain.
So, voila!!! Finally, a proper shielding for the transistors array and the buffer :wink:!!!

Ribbon cables are connecting toward 3.5 and 2.5 that means the best connections is 4.4mm
Looks similar caps like in R8 on the amp ?

I am worried about the hiss now 🤫
Dude, hisses is not created or generated by capacitors....capacitors is a filters and energy reserves.
the M8 also uses electrolytic capacitors. There are no hisses
I got the unboxing video working by iPhone and safari just fine , thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #1,339 of 14,593
iBasso players don't hiss, I don't expect the DX300 to hiss don't try to second guess things here :)

Hummm ? That is since dx220? Cause dx200 is a hiss machine! LoL

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,340 of 14,593
Hummm ? That is since dx220? Cause dx200 is a hiss machine! LoL

I think a considerable part of hiss is induced by digital components. Now, the separation of batteries worked pretty well with MAX, so it should help here, too. Plus, it is a long device, I guess they had more space to work and insulate the components with more board area. I am expecting something good out of this.

As you know from R8, SP 660 platform will solve all the hardware issues I hated about the previous DX2XX line. Let's see how they will manage the software.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #1,341 of 14,593
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #1,342 of 14,593
Jan 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #1,343 of 14,593
One more unboxing video. The guy in the video finally knows how to turn it on lol.

DX300 unboxing video 2

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,345 of 14,593
As you know from R8, SP 660 platform will solve all the hardware issues I hated about the previous DX2XX line. Let's see how they will manage the software

Dat is the Master FPGA on das model Dx300.

Have you seen the secret 69 code in the top right corner just beside the dudes head hahaha what that could possibly mean? :thinking:

BE6DD1D2-6CDB-4A29-8D0C-01D01042AC51.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #1,346 of 14,593
Dat is the Master FPGA on das model Dx300.

Yo, hey man slow down, this is not what I am talking about. It was the horrible performance of all digital and RF components, with loads of software bugs. With the SD660 base platform and loads of board area, iBasso must be able to address every single one of them. Otherwise they will stay as a fanboy club locked in a positive feedback hype loop. We know they can do audio.

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,347 of 14,593
Yo, hey man slow down, this is not what I am talking about. It was the horrible performance of all digital and RF components, with loads of software bugs. With the SD660 base platform and loads of board area, iBasso must be able to address every single one of them. Otherwise they will stay as a fanboy club locked in a positive feedback hype loop. We know they can do audio.

Word. I couldn’t agree more 💯.

To be fair to ibasso, the “hiss” problem maybe be hard to address since people want more output power that increases floor noise and if you have sensitive iems some expect these iems not to “pick up” that noise. However, with all that Ibasso did on the DX300 to avoid crosstalk could be a game changer. We’ll see...

(
Gain just like in photos adds noise to picture. Some Users don’t “get” mo’ power, mo’ problems on daps. A lot of power demanding and sensitive iems are designed for home use dacs.)

There are exceptions some circuit designs like THX can get that dark background with less current but that will not power lots of demanding power headphones. The Fiios 11 Pro has such a circuit but I don’t how it sounds. I’ve heard it’s pretty good!

Sometimes the ignorance of the listener plays a role in expect all your favorite headphones will work with your favorite daps. It doesn’t work out that way since there’s a mismatch in specs.

Therefore, Matching iems/AE with a dap specs are key for the right “synergy.”

FYI: I just discovered the color font option on HF. I’m not trying to highlight my points, I just think it’s funnier this way.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,348 of 14,593
Therefore, Matching iems/AE with a dap specs are key for the right “synergy.”

Exactly! It looks like they have done all that they can to avoid noise, but what they can't do is convincing someone not to use Andromeda or a 5 ohm IEM on balanced output with high power mode just because it sounds "cool". Not cool people, not cool at all (I need a little bit more darker brown version of this color). :p

EDIT: You just opened the gates of avoiding the s*** word, but still meaning it in some way.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #1,349 of 14,593
In addition, because it has such a large output power, it can drive most IEMs well even in low gain.

With the idea. If there is a warning sign in a store, then there is a story behind it. "This cup is hot."

What super-quiet high-voltage needing iem lead to this comment? xD

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #1,350 of 14,593
Exactly! It looks like they have done all that they can to avoid noise, but what they can't do is convincing someone not to use Andromeda or a 5 ohm IEM on balanced output with high power mode just because it sounds "cool". Not cool people, not cool at all (I need a little bit more darker brown version of this color). :p

No doubt a sweet dark shade would highlight the font much like a dark background let’s the macro/micro details pop on a dap sound.

Most high end iems are generally “hybrid” don’t require lots of power and sound fantastic but if you like Planar those require more juice...knowing your sensitivity specs also helps.

Ok I had my fun with color fonts ams will stop. I see how this can be annoying to read and see lol.

If you can read this sans eyeglasses, congratulations you have great eyesight :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back