iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 4, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #13,111 of 14,593
Not at all
But love to hear what others talk about and what's out there on the market
May others do the opposite what's fine for me as well ... 🤷
A lot of the stuff I look into is first heard about here, so I enjoy reading about what others consider to be good/bad... For instance, I would have never thought about the CCA CRA in a thousand years had I not seen many people talking about them (in a good way) on Head-Fi, and while they aren't the end-all-be-all of IEMs, they are better than some $300 IEMs I have heard.

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #13,112 of 14,593
Are these yours? Jesus they look stunning! Better than mine:)
Yes! I asked Bloom Audio if they could get me a unit that had slightly different colors between the right and left earbuds. Never got a reply but they totally delivered. Only had a chance to take pictures tho, have not worn them yet.

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #13,113 of 14,593
Yes! I asked Bloom Audio if they could get me a unit that had slightly different colors between the right and left earbuds. Never got a reply but they totally delivered. Only had a chance to take pictures tho, have not worn them yet.
Wow, what a great company they are. Congrats and now try to imagine they sound even better than they look hah.

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #13,114 of 14,593
A lot of the stuff I look into is first heard about here, so I enjoy reading about what others consider to be good/bad... For instance, I would have never thought about the CCA CRA in a thousand years had I not seen many people talking about them (in a good way) on Head-Fi, and while they aren't the end-all-be-all of IEMs, they are better than some $300 IEMs I have heard.
I have those here and KZ DQ6S and KZ ZEX Pro
And the new KZ ESX shipped from HQ
Definitely enjoy those pairs as well

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #13,115 of 14,593
@RIGATIO well, crap, you were right. The MkII are something else. The soundstage feels wider and a loooot more holographic yet transparent. Finding new details that aren't audible or perceptible with the IT-07. It's all in the timbre, beautifully handled in such a way that it is so easy to distinguish each individual noise and the source. Testing different tips, liking the blue spiral ones that come with the IT-07. I prefer ear tips with a wide bore. Lastly, I'm finding the cable jut a bit annoying over the ear, Thieaudio could've used a shorter terminal on the 2 pin end. They feel rather comfortable in the ear, maybe just a bit too tight for my ears, we shall see after an hour or two.

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #13,116 of 14,593
Also getting the sensation you mentioned that sound is coming more from outside your head rather than from the center. The amp13 must be adding some extra spicy flavor on the sound stage and how natural it feels. If you are wondering about the volume, the MkII feel normal to me at 70% volume with high gain while using the lower powered output, so the amp13 can totally handle them nicely with headroom to spare.

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #13,117 of 14,593
@RIGATIO well, crap, you were right. The MkII are something else. The soundstage feels wider and a loooot more holographic yet transparent. Finding new details that aren't audible or perceptible with the IT-07. It's all in the timbre, beautifully handled in such a way that it is so easy to distinguish each individual noise and the source. Testing different tips, liking the blue spiral ones that come with the IT-07. I prefer ear tips with a wide bore. Lastly, I'm finding the cable jut a bit annoying over the ear, Thieaudio could've used a shorter terminal on the 2 pin end. They feel rather comfortable in the ear, maybe just a bit too tight for my ears, we shall see after an hour or two.
I have tried many tips with them but finally ended up with the stock whoye once as they help to display the best detail, but thats just me, we all know that the tips are very individual thing.
The cable is the thing wthat annoyed me the most at the beginning but now i used to it (it will form according to the angle of your ears but its gonna take at least 2-3 weeks).
When it comes to the sound, well im glad that you like them. I didn't want to convince anyone by force, but i really feel that they are on of the best iems you can grab right now (and the cheapest that are on the real TOTL level).
Will be waiting for more impressions from you!

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #13,118 of 14,593
Also getting the sensation you mentioned that sound is coming more from outside your head rather than from the center. The amp13 must be adding some extra spicy flavor on the sound stage and how natural it feels. If you are wondering about the volume, the MkII feel normal to me at 70% volume with high gain while using the lower powered output, so the amp13 can totally handle them nicely with headroom to spare.
Thank you, thats i was wondering last days!

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #13,119 of 14,593
I agree, the source (mainly the amp) has a big influence on how they sound. They are very very well tuned, so they will scale very well with a better source.
And this sensation of hearing the sound coming from the outside, gosh, i love it. Its the closest ive gotten to the speaker-like sound when it comes to the iems, even headphones. Its a pure joy, having such an amazing detail ad transparency but its all not offensive at all.

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #13,121 of 14,593
They sound even better with acoustic recordings, where you can spot many more reverberations. Its like being in an audience on a real concert.
I'm in a live concert right now, all I gotta do is close my eyes. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_174643.jpg
    IMG_20220604_174643.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #13,124 of 14,593
I'm very impressed. Gonna swap to the 12EX in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back