iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 24, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #12,796 of 14,593
Let the games begin
Full with juice
Amp12 and let's how battery life is

IMG20220524191954-01.jpeg

3.00 hours later
86 - 75 %

IMG20220525004049.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #12,797 of 14,593
I am using the DUNU DUW-02 (OG) cable on mine, and it sounds marvelous. It IS SPC, but I find no deficiencies over the silver cable, other than taming the (slightly) boosted presence region; along with the black filter.
I have the duw-02s (I think), its the cable that cable with the Dunu EST112. I tried it with the IT07 and it felt kind of harsh. Gotta give it a go with other filters, haven't tested that.

May 25, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #12,798 of 14,593
Hello Guys,

I bought a DX300 and I am so happy with it. After DX160 I noticed a great improvement in both sound and using experience and most of my initial gripes disappeared with the updates; great work iBasso. However I noticed a problem in my use case: I connect my daps to my desktop setup at home as a streamer (or a transport). I mostly stream my music from Apple Music Lossless. With USB there is no problem but when I used the included coaxial cable, just in one song which is 192 kHZ White Stripes - Seven Nation Army, there was a repeating noise. Might be jitter, I'm not sure. Is this a know issue? Can I fix or work around it somehow? I scanned through the thread but haven't came accross a similar case. (Thread is too long, might have missed it too)

I just got the device yesterday and only noticed the problem just with that song. It doesn't happen with USB or DX300's own phone outs. If I find anything else I'll also let you know. Thanks and Happy Listening.

May 25, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #12,800 of 14,593
Speeding up burn in
Let's use the burn in dongle and hit 200 hours ... 👊👊👊
I don’t recommend using the dongles , just use your favorite phones. The impedances curves will changes by the frequencies and loads. The whole burn-in as a systems will be effected by this.

Burn in is basically a “parameter drifts” over operations. It is like burning in a car. You don’t want to burn in the car at a constant speed of 40mph. You want it to be varied, different rpm, different speed, different loads, and different throttles

The same as these stuff. Yeah, I know different people are skeptical, let alone using your favorite library and phones to burn in. However, technically, burn-in is parameter drifts. Electrical components has 10% and 20% tolerances…that means they will change their measurements and other parameters over the operation periods. Some of them changes more and some changes less, depends on the data sheets and disclosed drifts, tolerances…etc

So, using regular music allows the meaningful spectrums to be played, and the parameters to be flexing from within the meaningful spectrums. It will eventually settle down under that conditions. So, if you love Jazz, burn in with Jazz collections, or HipHop if you love it. Then there will be output loads, if you loved Ultimate Ears, then use that one to allows the loads and responses of that specific conditions to burn in.

I wager that without being OCDs and paying attentions, you won’t be able to spot the differences. But under a technical and scientifically terms….it is the right things to do

Never burn in with the dongles which has a flat dead impedances.

Never burn in with white noises or pink noises … any noises that isn’t your favorite library

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #12,801 of 14,593
I don’t recommend using the dongles , just use your favorite phones. The impedances curves will changes by the frequencies and loads. The whole burn-in as a systems will be effected by this.

The same as these stuff. Yeah, I know different people are skeptical, let alone using your favorite library and phones to burn in. However, technically, burn-in is parameter drifts. Electrical components has 10% and 20% tolerances…that means they will change their measurements and other parameters over the operation periods. Some of them changes more and some changes less, depends on the data sheets and disclosed drifts, tolerances…etc
So if I am understanding correctly, the impendance of an iem or headphone may vary(even if midly) depending on the load?
Say the dongle is just a 37ohm, how is that different than the Sundara (also 37 ohm)? I thought it would be the same thing, just closing the circuit using a set impendance and playing random music on your library.

May 25, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #12,802 of 14,593

Burn in is basically a “parameter drifts” over operations. It is like burning in a car. You don’t want to burn in the car at a constant speed of 40mph. You want it to be varied, different rpm, different speed, different loads, and different throttles

So, using regular music allows the meaningful spectrums to be played, and the parameters to be flexing from within the meaningful spectrums. It will eventually settle down under that conditions. So, if you love Jazz, burn in with Jazz collections, or HipHop if you love it. Then there will be output loads, if you loved Ultimate Ears, then use that one to allows the loads and responses of that specific conditions to burn in.

I wager that without being OCDs and paying attentions, you won’t be able to spot the differences. But under a technical and scientifically terms….it is the right things to do

Never burn in with the dongles which has a flat dead impedances.

Never burn in with white noises or pink noises … any noises that isn’t your favorite library
Aaah thanks for the input ... 🙏

May 25, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #12,803 of 14,593
So if I am understanding correctly, the impendance of an iem or headphone may vary(even if midly) depending on the load?
Say the dongle is just a 37ohm, how is that different than the Sundara (also 37 ohm)? I thought it would be the same thing, just closing the circuit using a set impendance and playing random music on your library.
The impedances is usually measured at 1Khz sweeps. But it will change when the frequencies is 100Hz for example

You can see this HD800S impedances curves and phase curves. You can see @1Khz it is about 350 ohms where as it reaches as high as 650ohms @100Hz. This explains a lot as of why when under driven, the HD800S more than often doesn’t have the sub bass or mid bass 400ohms@300Hz
https://www.stereophile.com/content/sennheiser-hd800-headphones-measurements

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #12,804 of 14,593
The impedances is usually measured at 1Khz sweeps. But it will change when the frequencies is 100Hz for example

You can see this HD800S impedances curves and phase curves. You can see @1Khz it is about 350 ohms where as it reaches as high as 650ohms @100Hz. This explains a lot as of why when under driven, the HD800S more than often doesn’t have the sub bass or mid bass 400ohms@300Hz
https://www.stereophile.com/content/sennheiser-hd800-headphones-measurements
Interesting stuff, today I learned something. Thanks for the info.
Follow up question, how is the dongle any different than that? Is it because the "flat dead impendance" as you called it is unable to vary as the drivers on iems/headphones?

May 26, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #12,805 of 14,593
Follow up question, how is the dongle any different than that? Is it because the "flat dead impendance" as you called it is unable to vary as the drivers on iems/headphones?
Because it is caused by driver movement. Though it is not very common. Especially planars don't have that behaviour. It is more common among old sennheiser and beyerdynamic headphones.

May 26, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #12,806 of 14,593
Measuring the impedances curve is not all there is to it. In reality, the voice coils moves up and down to create the sound waves with the diaphragms moving the airs. So, by moving up and down, the electrical impedances will changes per the magnetic field variations, and the controls of the voltage/current applying onto the coils will also changes. It is a pretty complex and volatile situation.

It gets even more complex with multiple drivers and a crossover networks to split the responses into different segments per drivers as well.

The dongle is basically a resistors, and they don’t have any mechanical movements like the voice coils. Regardless of the voltage/currents flowing into it, it remains unchanged, and so the voltage and current per different frequencies will not be varied either.

May 26, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #12,807 of 14,593
Because it is caused by driver movement. Though it is not very common. Especially planars don't have that behaviour. It is more common among old sennheiser and beyerdynamic headphones.
Planar movements is in a flat magnetic field rather than cylindrical and pistonic movements. The up and down movements (excursions) of planar magnetic isn’t as deep and long as traditional dynamic drivers, but they are carried out in a large and flat field that has different impedances at that specific fields per a specific frequencies while the rest of the field remains unchanged. The drivers ability to retain the shapes and controls by the Mylar or polymer that the voice coils are printed onto. The local field changes will changes the physical resistances of the planar drivers as well as electrical characteristics . The impedances curves of the planar is also a very complex subject. It is similar to Electrostatic field, but is relying on a dynamic magnetic field instead of an e-stat field

One of the reason why planar is a lot harder to drive than traditional magnetic is because it have both: physical resistances and electrical resistivity as the voice coils are printed onto a very resistive, tough Mylar film, while the traditional dynamics is trying to get the diaphragms to only be moving air rather than being resistive during operation (blocked air from the magnetic frames and itself). Traditional dynamic can get so efficient that the airs of it intake and exhaust have to be controlled back by the usages of paper felts on the back of the drivers most of the time (no airs are blocked)

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #12,809 of 14,593
May sound like a broken record but the more I use this DAP, the more I enjoy it. Every track played gets the "first time you listen to" treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back