iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 17, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #12,677 of 14,593
So you think that neutron works better than the stock mango player? 99.9% of my music are local files, all flacs, some mqa encoded flacs, most of them from Tidal. Others from Deezer and Qobuz back when doublenegative.io was live.

I guess I'll have to check out neutron, closest I've tried is UAPP on my cellphone. The auto eq with wavelet did work nicely there, except when bit perfect was enabled, which I assume is the reason why it probably doesn't work on the DX300. For me, AutoEQ makes some songs sound better, others worse, in general I tend to keep it off but its a nice addition to have.
I know you weren't asking me about neutron, but I will also chime in. I think Neutron is the best player out there IMHO. Though MQA will play as just flac (it doesn't unfold at all). Yeah some of them have a nicer coat of paint, but when it comes to digital processing, dither, PCM to DSD, upsampling, etc... there is nothing that can do all the things Neutron can do. Not trying to be a fanboy because I DO like Mango, and UAPP, but I just keep coming back to Neutron for its sound quality.

Yeah, Auto-EQ is great! UAPP has something similar called Morphit, though it isn't nearly as big of a databse, and it isn't updated as often. I would love it if they could ever get Viper4android working on the DX300 IMO. It is great in its convolver plugin used (FIR filters).

May 17, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #12,678 of 14,593
Very nice album! Thanx for sharing:)
In case you couldn't tell (which would mean you were under a rock, with the distinctive sound of his voice :)) it is the lead singer from Godsmack.

I'd bet that piano in the near background sounds really good on the MKII (it definitely does on the P1).

May 17, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #12,679 of 14,593
In case you couldn't tell (which would mean you were under a rock, with the distinctive sound of his voice :)) it is the lead singer from Godsmack.

I'd bet that piano in the near background sounds really good on the MKII (it definitely does on the P1).
Man i just played this album simultaneously from my pc-->zen dac v2--> Sundaras and Ibasso EXN-->Monarchs 2. The results stunned me! Obviously the detail and naturalness of the sound was waay better on the iBasso, Monarchs. But i was quite stunned with the soundstage. Ive gotten better separation and staging with IBasso/Monarchs! I didnt expect that. Sundaras are full sized opened back planars and the Zen Dac v2 has a nice wide staging. The hell?

May 17, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #12,681 of 14,593
Man i just played this album simultaneously from my pc-->zen dac v2--> Sundaras and Ibasso EXN-->Monarchs 2. The results stunned me! Obviously the detail and naturalness of the sound was waay better on the iBasso, Monarchs. But i was quite stunned with the soundstage. Ive gotten better separation and staging with IBasso/Monarchs! I didnt expect that. Sundaras are full sized opened back planars and the Zen Dac v2 has a nice wide staging. The hell?
Well you DO have one of the best music sources for staging/seperation in the biz IMHO, so there is that..... Haven't heard the Monarchs, but I would imaging that helps; remember it is a tribrid comapared to a single driver (albeit circumaural).

Try the Sundaras in the DX300 and compare to the Zen DAC, I would bet it is much bigger presentation there too. :)

May 17, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #12,683 of 14,593
Well you DO have one of the best music sources for staging/seperation in the biz IMHO, so there is that..... Haven't heard the Monarchs, but I would imaging that helps; remember it is a tribrid comapared to a single driver (albeit circumaural).

Try the Sundaras in the DX300 and compare to the Zen DAC, I would bet it is much bigger presentation there too. :)
I actually tried and the result wasnt so obvious. Even my other iems sound slightly wider with the Zen Dac (only the Timeless is wider with iBasso). But not the Monarchs. They sound significantly worse with the Zen dac than with the EXN. The Monarchs combined with the EXN sound overwhelming! The staging, dynamics, detail and naturalness are from a completely different world.

May 17, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #12,686 of 14,593
I actually tried and the result wasnt so obvious. Even my other iems sound slightly wider with the Zen Dac (only the Timeless is wider with iBasso). But not the Monarchs. They sound significantly worse with the Zen dac than with the EXN. The Monarchs combined with the EXN sound overwhelming! The staging, dynamics, detail and naturalness are from a completely different world.
Interesting to hear that. The IT07 are the biggest stage IEMs I have, but my Moondrop Chaconne (earbuds) totally obliterate even my HD700 where staging is concerned. They are the biggest, most spacious staging that I have ever heard (without sounding fake at all). If it weren't for the complete lack of quantity of bass, I would call the Chaconne the best tuning I have yet heard on ANY head gear, but the lack thereof hampers the overall rating for me.

May 17, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #12,688 of 14,593
So you think that neutron works better than the stock mango player? 99.9% of my music are local files, all flacs, some mqa encoded flacs, most of them from Tidal. Others from Deezer and Qobuz back when doublenegative.io was live.

I guess I'll have to check out neutron, closest I've tried is UAPP on my cellphone. The auto eq with wavelet did work nicely there, except when bit perfect was enabled, which I assume is the reason why it probably doesn't work on the DX300. For me, AutoEQ makes some songs sound better, others worse, in general I tend to keep it off but its a nice addition to have.
Yes, the Neutron gives the best sound out of the dx300. Great trebles, staging, dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back