iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 18, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #12,061 of 14,593
I think its quite obvious that for this moment there are no better tuned planar iems on the market than the Timeless. Lets see what brings near future, i would love to see more planar technology among other companies, like Campfire, Thie Audio, IBasso, Moondrop, Empire Ears etc. It definitely has a great potential but slightly limited to the most powerful portable devices.
I have try my Tender 1 at my MacBook. Absolutely terrible. I think even amp 11 has not enough power for them. I just send amp12 back for check and fix the problem. I think the bad rewies about Tender 1 is a result from not enough power supply. If you not give a planar enough power there not play very well.

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #12,062 of 14,593
I think its quite obvious that for this moment there are no better tuned planar iems on the market than the Timeless. Lets see what brings near future, i would love to see more planar technology among other companies, like Campfire, Thie Audio, IBasso, Moondrop, Empire Ears etc. It definitely has a great potential but slightly limited to the most powerful portable devices.
For me, the Shuoer S12 is almost as good as the Timeless. Even better for some friends.
With faster bass and brighter than the Timeless, but similar in all other aspects.

Apr 18, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #12,063 of 14,593
I guess you don't listen to metal, right?
Because with many metal records, CCA CRA has some excruciating treble spike.
I do indeed. In fact, metal is the main genre I listen to (though certainly not the only one). Unless there is actual sibilance where there is actual hiss due to "S" or "SH" sounds (for instance) a bit of a treble spike doesn't bother me too much. The last pair of headphones I had that DID hurt my ears due to a treble spike was the HD700 with their 8K spike. Even then, it was more fatiguing than instant hurt.

Though I also don't find the CRA to have this murderous amount of treble either. I also no longer listen at levels that are reserved for stadium concerts, or jackhammers, or rock blasting either (if I did, I might hear this more readily I suppose).. :) It is in the presence region (roughly 3k) that absolutely murders my ears at almost any volume.

Apr 18, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #12,064 of 14,593
I do indeed. In fact, metal is the main genre I listen to (though certainly not the only one). Unless there is actual sibilance where there is actual hiss due to "S" or "SH" sounds (for instance) a bit of a treble spike doesn't bother me too much. The last pair of headphones I had that DID hurt my ears due to a treble spike was the HD700 with their 8K spike. Even then, it was more fatiguing than instant hurt.

Though I also don't find the CRA to have this murderous amount of treble either. I also no longer listen at levels that are reserved for stadium concerts, or jackhammers, or rock blasting either (if I did, I might hear this more readily I suppose).. :) It is in the presence region (roughly 3k) that absolutely murders my ears at almost any volume.
For me the CRA has a peak at a high frequency (definitely high treble, not high mids like 3kHz), which I find incredibly annoying. This has only happened to me with IE300, which I came to hate for this very reason.
For example, I have the Mest, whose highs are annoying to many people, and I love them.

I am using the CRA only for online meetings because of this reason :slight_frown:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #12,065 of 14,593
Who all has done the AMP12W mod? I've got a DX300 and an AMP12 on the way and I don't think I can justify the expense of sending it off for an EXN but the W looks fine for DIY (I'm somewhat capable with a soldering iron, I've replaced PCB mounted switches on mice and game controller). For those that have completed it what was your experience like while doing it and were you happy with the end result?

Apr 19, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #12,067 of 14,593
"DX320 See the DX320 at Axpona 2022 in Chicago!
You can not put a price on sound quality. And we will not make you think you have to pay as much as possible for it.
****Booth 8208****
Enjoy the Ultimate!"

I can already hear the sounds of the locomotive of the hype train.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back