iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 2, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #11,897 of 14,593
An engaging, deep and dynamic sound. Even soundstage is quite wide for the Focal. Great synergy with the EXN. Full recommendation!

Attachments

• 20220403_040727.jpg
    20220403_040727.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #11,900 of 14,593
Greetings! My DX300 started to reboot spontaneously all the time. The firmware is the last one. I made a full reset, still the problem remained. Moreover, it can play normally for several hours, then I start turning the wheel or go to the menu and the player restarts. Sometimes a cyclic reboot begins: the inscription "Ibasso" appears and goes into reboot again. It is treated only by long pressing the wheel. What could be the problem? It seems that the wheel is somehow buggy. PS: it's playing fine today, there were no reboots.

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #11,901 of 14,593
Greetings! My DX300 started to reboot spontaneously all the time. The firmware is the last one. I made a full reset, still the problem remained. Moreover, it can play normally for several hours, then I start turning the wheel or go to the menu and the player restarts. Sometimes a cyclic reboot begins: the inscription "Ibasso" appears and goes into reboot again. It is treated only by long pressing the wheel. What could be the problem? It seems that the wheel is somehow buggy. PS: it's playing fine today, there were no reboots.
The ***** wheel is the DX300 main problem. It is awful, its design is ugly and deplorable, and it is the guilty of the continuous reboots that many people comment on in this thread. 😡
And it seems that in the DX320 iBasso have put the same wheel... 🤦‍♂️

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #11,902 of 14,593
And the problem is floating. Now I'm spinning the wheel, everything is fine. It seems that at certain moments the wheel remains slightly pressed, and because of this, the reboot menu pops up, or the player restarts altogether, as with a long press.

Apr 7, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #11,903 of 14,593
The ***** wheel is the DX300 main problem. It is awful, its design is ugly and deplorable, and it is the guilty of the continuous reboots that many people comment on in this thread. 😡
And it seems that in the DX320 iBasso have put the same wheel... 🤦‍♂️
I think you are right about it being the design of the wheel. Having to implement a push button as well as a digital potentiometer was probably not their best idea (though it works fine on mine). As for the looks, I think it looks fine. It is just a bit on the big side.

That being said, I think they nailed the buttons and wheel on the DX160/DX240 and wish they had done the same with the DX300. The elongated buttons on the DX300 is what caused mine to be broken I suspect (the pause/play button). Being a longer "rectangle" shape means added pressure on the connection point inside the chassis, where the round (smaller) buttons give much more tensile strength IMHO. That's not to say that I depress the button very hard at all.
And the problem is floating. Now I'm spinning the wheel, everything is fine. It seems that at certain moments the wheel remains slightly pressed, and because of this, the reboot menu pops up, or the player restarts altogether, as with a long press.
It sounds similar to the issue people have when spilling any sort of sticky liquid on a game controller. The buttons never spring back fully after it dries. If there is any sort of junk inside the chassis or the entry of the wheel shaft into the chassis, it might keep overcome the spring return of the wheel, thus keeping it in a depressed state.

You COULD try using a Q-tip with some alcohol and try and clean (the best you can) where the button shaft goes into the body of the DX300?! Don't know if this will help, but if not, then send it back to iBasso for repairs. As long as you don't poor it into the area, you wouldn't be hurting anything, but could save the hassle of sending your DAP clear to China.

Of course this all could be moot, and there might just be a problem with the button itself, or the system. Have you tried installing a previous FW (or the current one) again? This would make sure there weren't any sort of corrupted files causing the issue.

Apr 7, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #11,904 of 14,593
This is a physical fault with the wheel. I had this happen to mine earlier in the year, I posted about it earlier in this thread. Mine developed several small positions where it depressed the underlying power button when in those positions. Should it be left in those positions, it would long press the power button, which will cause it to power off, and then reboot loop while it remains pressed.

I sent mine into my dealer (Urban HiFi) under warranty and they fixed it for me (based on the realtivley short turn around, I think they fixed it in house vs sending it back to China, and it was not a replacement unit).

Apr 7, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #11,905 of 14,593
IMO, the wheel is neither ugly nor or bad mode of volume or powering on and off. I wouldn't mind a black volume wheel but It is a volume wheel. I have the 1st run, which I understand had the most issues with the volume control but after 1000s hours of use, have never had an issue. I understand that they changed the control after the 1st run. I also use the DX300 with my modded AMP12 as a feed for my LTA Z10e and get great results using either dynamic driver headphones on the Z10e or the stats. And with the modded AMP12, great music fun.

And looking forward to the DX320!

Apr 7, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #11,906 of 14,593
IMO, the wheel is neither ugly nor or bad mode of volume or powering on and off. I wouldn't mind a black volume wheel but It is a volume wheel. I have the 1st run, which I understand had the most issues with the volume control but after 1000s hours of use, have never had an issue. I understand that they changed the control after the 1st run. I also use the DX300 with my modded AMP12 as a feed for my LTA Z10e and get great results using either dynamic driver headphones on the Z10e or the stats. And with the modded AMP12, great music fun.

And looking forward to the DX320!
Looking forward to the 320 as well as 320 max. Also, the volume wheel imo is lovely on the dx300. I know most people would disagree with me but I find it just right. The only time its bothersome is when using the factory provided case. In that case, lol, it does get in the way just a bit and thats why I prefer to use it without the case.

Apr 7, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #11,907 of 14,593
Mine wheel is working flawlessly almost a year now but i understand the concerns posted here. As i mentioned before, i really dont understand the design decision as it could have been done thousands different ways. Whats important is the fact that it feels rigid unlike on other expensive daps Ive tried.

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #11,908 of 14,593
Mine wheel is working flawlessly almost a year now but i understand the concerns posted here. As i mentioned before, i really dont understand the design decision as it could have been done thousands different ways. Whats important is the fact that it feels rigid unlike on other expensive daps Ive tried.
Rigid? Seriously? I think I can move it with my mind :sweat_smile:
Even the Shanling M0 wheel is more rigid.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #11,909 of 14,593
Rigid? Seriously? I think I can move it with my mind :sweat_smile:
Even the Shanling M0 wheel is more rigid.
So it seems yours is broken. The wheel on my dx300 is harder to rotate, so there is no need for me to deactivate it in the system as im not scared of changing the volume level accidentaly. It wasnt the case on the Shanling m9 (wobbly knob with practically no resistance), very wobbly knob on ultima sp2K, easy to rotate on the sp1kM.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #11,910 of 14,593
So it seems yours is broken. The wheel on my dx300 is harder to rotate, so there is no need for me to deactivate it in the system as im not scared of changing the volume level accidentaly. It wasnt the case on the Shanling m9 (wobbly knob with practically no resistance), very wobbly knob on ultima sp2K, easy to rotate on the sp1kM.
Hmm. I have the exact opposite experience with these DAPs..😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back