iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 24, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #10,126 of 14,617
Your description sounds perfect to me too. I like the IT 07 better than the Mest. But maybe I should wait at least the next 2 weeks to see if the Kineras aren't making their way back to Switzerland. :smile::smile:What does it actually cost?
I dont think they will be going back haha. I paid 870e.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #10,129 of 14,617
I've never had a pet, but I could see myself be more as a cat person than as a dog.
I like cats more than dogs. We’ve had more cats than dogs in my life.
I lik cats as theyre playful and funny. Dogs have this typical dog-smell wven if you wash thwm regularly (cats can be atinky too but to a lesser extent).

And i like maine coons cause their long hair keeos you cozy war in winter haha and theyre not as temperamental as oyher cats

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #10,130 of 14,617
I think its because the it07 have thinner vocals. On the nannas the vocals are 3D like, very smooth but present and wet in timbre. very natural. No wonder Zeos and DMS love them so much. DMS put them even higher than the Mest I.
I would be trying some different tips on the IT07.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #10,131 of 14,617
The Nanna has light and slow bass but with good quantity and quality. It's always there when the music needs it. The greatest feature is the holographic an immersive sound through all frequencies. Also the shells are absolutely gorgeous.

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #10,132 of 14,617
Ok, need to straighten up a couple things as something changed with time.. Well my final decision is IT07:) They were burning in while i was orgasming with the kineras haha. And i found the IT07 a perfect mix of the xelentos- great bass, great mids and hights- nannas. Seems like they settled down nicely, and are very resolving and lively but not piercing anymore. And one thing which is definitely the best of the three- HOLOGRAPHY. They have the best stage depth. The bass is not lacking like on the kineras, the mids are lively- not like on the xelentos. So it seems the it07 tidied up my mess.

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #10,133 of 14,617
Testing Mango OS properly tonight. I like the sound without EQ+dac filter 4 paired with Liric. Felt DX312 is a bit rolled off at the frequency extremes. Compensated nicely by Liric default tuning. Bass slam and extension feels quite a bit more like my desktop system. Impressive.

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #10,134 of 14,617
Testing Mango OS properly tonight. I like the sound without EQ+dac filter 4 paired with Liric. Felt DX312 is a bit rolled off at the frequency extremes. Compensated nicely by Liric default tuning. Bass slam and extension feels quite a bit more like my desktop system. Impressive.
That's my default listening setup with the Liric! Enjoy!
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #10,135 of 14,617
Ok, need to straighten up a couple things as something changed with time.. Well my final decision is IT07:) They were burning in while i was orgasming with the kineras haha. And i found the IT07 a perfect mix of the xelentos- great bass, great mids and hights- nannas. Seems like they settled down nicely, and are very resolving and lively but not piercing anymore. And one thing which is definitely the best of the three- HOLOGRAPHY. They have the best stage depth. The bass is not lacking like on the kineras, the mids are lively- not like on the xelentos. So it seems the it07 tidied up my mess.
So it's not a bad idea for me to wait. Who knows what you will hear in the next few days after even more burn-in time.:smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #10,136 of 14,617
On the IT07 I kept changing the filters that screw in, then as they burned in I changed from the gold back to the silver, which are the most open and after around 150 or 200 hours, everything settled in and frankly, they sound better than my JH customs that cost a lot more. I remember when universals couldn't touch a good custom but now . . . Good stuff!

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #10,137 of 14,617
They burned in for around 7h and i already like them a lot! Tried other filters but the silvers work best for me- best balance and trebles. And i love them with the amp11.2, great synergy. What are the best tips for them from your experience? Xelastecs?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #10,138 of 14,617
They burned in for around 7h and i already like them a lot! Tried other filters but the silvers work best for me- best balance and trebles. What are the best tips for them from your experience? Xelastecs?
Yes, those are the tips I use but one size smaller than I normally use.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #10,139 of 14,617
So it's not a bad idea for me to wait. Who knows what you will hear in the next few days after even more burn-in time.:smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yes when it comes to the audio, im very confused and demanding hah. The kinneras made a fantastic impression on me with vocals and trebles but the bass is way too light for my liking. The it07 are more complex and satisfying throughout all frequencies so the decision was ez for me.

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #10,140 of 14,617
Could someone tell me if or how I can use my dx300 as purely a source connected usb with dac? I am looking into getting a dac for my desktop setup and would like to use the dx300 as my source and just unplug and take it on the go when I want too. If anyone has any experience with this I could really use the advice because I need to know thus before I buy the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back