iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #10,081 of 14,594
Anyone else notice the slightest of a whisper sound when wifi is enabled? I only notice it on high gain but it's there.

IMG_20220122_095434.jpg

Sweet pea and me listening to pink Floyd live on this cold morning. 😎

EMI is definitely a real thing on the dx300 - hence the reason why I turn off the wifi unless I really need its connection.
I love your cat btw! My cousin has the exact same breed of cat and yours make me remind me of him :)

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #10,083 of 14,594
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #10,084 of 14,594
EMI is definitely a real thing on the dx300 - hence the reason why I turn off the wifi unless I really need its connection.
I love your cat btw! My cousin has the exact same breed of cat and yours make me remind me of him :)
I'm guessing it is real. I tried different channels and some got worse. I'll leave it at it's default but I'm like you and normally listen from SD and turn it off unless searching for something new on Tidal.

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #10,085 of 14,594
I'm guessing it is real. I tried different channels and some got worse. I'll leave it at it's default but I'm like you and normally listen from SD and turn it off unless searching for something new on Tidal.
Must be environmental. I never turn it off or use Airplane mode. I don't get any sound when using it.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #10,087 of 14,594
I'm using 5Ghz wifi. Maybe I could try 2.4Ghz. I do use Airplane mode when not in use as I find it helps with battery consumption greatly.
I use 5Ghz most all the time. Hardware from Tmobile.

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #10,088 of 14,594
Jan 22, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #10,089 of 14,594
Must be environmental. I never turn it off or use Airplane mode. I don't get any sound when using it.

I'm using 5Ghz wifi. Maybe I could try 2.4Ghz. I do use Airplane mode when not in use as I find it helps with battery consumption greatly.
That IS strange. I don't have any issues with mine either. I do remember that some people had issues with this on the DX160, but it wasn't all of them, only some units. If it bothers you, you might consider getting a hold of @ Paul - iBasso because, as a general rule, they don't do this.

Jan 23, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #10,090 of 14,594
For those old schoolers that had a player that would play both SACD and DVD-Audio (like me). I have finally gotten around to ripping my DVD-Audio collection for use on my DX300. The results:

The good news is that both Neutron and UAPP recognize ripped DVD-Audio and play just fine (in wav format). In Neutron it will show the correct bit rates and correct file type (5.1/wav). In UAPP, it also shows the correct bit rates, but doesn't show the full file type (only wav) accurately. It does play correctly though.

The bad news is that Mango (android, haven't tested in MangoOS yet), while showing the bit rates correctly, will not play it correctly. It runs very slowly, and one channel has constant (never ending)... static, or white noise and nothing else. This is not THAT big of a deal because I could rip this from a DVD-Audio as stereo only, instead of 5.1, but that would be rather inconvenient having more than one copy of the album (plus the stereo mix actually doesn't sound as good as the 5.1, even on stereo).

I have yet to test on my surround system to see if it actually plays as 5.1 though. If it does, that would great. Also, if it does, it still won't sound as good as the original, because the original has discreet channel files saved on the disk (one file for center, left, right, etc...), whereas this is just a single file for the track itself.

Screenshot_20220122-235905.png

Screenshot_20220123-000124.png

I tried adding Mango android screenshot also, but for some reason it won't save correctly. I tried it 4 times...

Edit:Interestingly, I tried this same album/track in MangoOS, and it plays just fine. Hmmm

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #10,091 of 14,594
Haven't been following much and as much as I love having music on card - was wondering if we'll ever be able toe connect to iPhone (via hotspot) again? If not, any recommendations for TOTL stuff that does stream well?

Jan 23, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #10,092 of 14,594
Haven't been following much and as much as I love having music on card - was wondering if we'll ever be able toe connect to iPhone (via hotspot) again? If not, any recommendations for TOTL stuff that does stream well?
If this is an issue for you, and just can't wait for a fix, then grab an android phone. You will have this same issue with pretty much any other DAP out there. DX300 is a great streaming device. It isn't the DAP makers fault, it is Apple's. They made the phone WPA3 (only, and not backwards compatible), and it hasn't been fully adopted everywhere yet. Actually it isn't so much the phone, but whatever newer version of IOS where this started.

Apple, while having good devices, is doing their usual thing; try and make the entire industry change to meet THEIR specs.

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #10,093 of 14,594
If this is an issue for you, and just can't wait for a fix, then grab an android phone. You will have this same issue with pretty much any other DAP out there. DX300 is a great streaming device. It isn't the DAP makers fault, it is Apple's. They made the phone WPA3 (only, and not backwards compatible), and it hasn't been fully adopted everywhere yet. Actually it isn't so much the phone, but whatever newer version of IOS where this started.

Apple, while having good devices, is doing their usual thing; try and make the entire industry change to meet THEIR specs.
100% agree with everything you said- i have no issue with the dx300. It’s phenomenal. But I’m in the apple environment for now (work), so if i was going to use something else, I’d just like it to be something that could stream/upscale better so i didn’t feel like i was going backwards in sound.

Jan 23, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #10,094 of 14,594
100% agree with everything you said- i have no issue with the dx300. It’s phenomenal. But I’m in the apple environment for now (work), so if i was going to use something else, I’d just like it to be something that could stream/upscale better so i didn’t feel like i was going backwards in sound.
AFAIK, you won't be able to do this, as there isn't anything on the market that I am aware of that is both capable of WPA3 and sounds as good as the DX300. In all honesty, I don't know if there ARE any DAPs that support WPA3 as of right now. It was only implemented in android 10 (which the DX300 has). As of this point, I think that the DX300 has the newest version of android (compared to other DAPs). This COULD be implemented on the DX300, so there IS that possibility, though I doubt iBasso would do it JUST for connecting to iPhone via hotspot. And you KNOW Apple will never budge from their position.

Your best bet, at this point, is either to connect to the iPhone as a DAC via USB and use the phone as the player, or use a Bluetooth connection from iPhone to the DX300 to share the hotspot (this does work). This should work ok for lower bitrates (Redbook and below I would think), but anything higher, you will get stuttering/buffering probably (though you could try it and see). But, if you decide to go another route, you will more than likely run into the same scenario (unfortunately).

Jan 23, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #10,095 of 14,594
Does anyone know if there’s any DX300 stock anywhere right now? I’m in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back