iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 15, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #9,901 of 14,577
I would assume less is more when it comes to EQ, correct?
Oh for sure, but with the advent of "auto gain control" (AGC in Neutron), I have gotten lazy, and stopped doing any subtractive EQing. It is just as easy to add a pre-gain subtract, and then just move up the sliders you want gain, and leave the others at 0... hehe

Really though, I don't use it very often anymore. More on some of older sets (ie Sennheiser HD700) than newer stuff, which I now buy to my liking and send the rest back. :smiling_imp:

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #9,903 of 14,577
This is true but I believe another purchase is required to use it.

I chose to use uapp for bit perfect streaming via Tidal. For me to use eq would negate that purpose. Using eq cancels bit perfect no matter the player in use. That is my personal reason not to use EQ. The second reason I personally do not like EQ is because it's nearly impossible to find an EQ curve that suits all music. I end up chasing a dragons tail and find myself EQing from song to song. I'd rather allow the monitors and tuning take that load. But of course, that's just me.
I'm with you and even when flat you can hear the buffers in the circuit. If an IEM needs EQ, it just goes in the out bin.

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #9,905 of 14,577
IMG_20220115_191154.jpg

Got the fire going. It's cold outside. Now, if you will excuse me I'm about to get lost in the music.😎😂

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #9,909 of 14,577
I don't dare take any pictures of my surroundings. I just had surgery (minor but debilitating for the time being) and have been laid up for the last week. Got so bored, I broke out all my IEMs/headphones/earbuds/DAPs and their accessories. At this point my coffee table is a sheer wall of gear stacked up that needs some attention. LOL

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #9,910 of 14,577
I don't dare take any pictures of my surroundings. I just had surgery (minor but debilitating for the time being) and have been laid up for the last week. Got so bored, I broke out all my IEMs/headphones/earbuds/DAPs and their accessories. At this point my coffee table is a sheer wall of gear stacked up that needs some attention. LOL
I can relate! I've been there after a surgery. Rest up and recover friend. 🙏

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #9,911 of 14,577
Has anyone else had issue with Mango player (android) not finding all your songs (where Neutron and UAPP does) since the latest FW update? It will only find 15k of 21k. I will test this in Mango OS and see if it is similar.

I continue to have this issue. I have to use Neutron since it scans my entire 2TB library and the full 120GB pf internal memory. Mango definitely has a total file limit for weird reason.

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #9,912 of 14,577
I can relate! I've been there after a surgery. Rest up and recover friend. 🙏
Thanks very much!
I continue to have this issue. I have to use Neutron since it scans my entire 2TB library and the full 120GB pf internal memory. Mango definitely has a total file limit for weird reason.
Good to know I am not the only one. What was the limit of songs Mango found on your system?

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #9,913 of 14,577
If the 15K songs that you noted is correct, that's well over a month of continuous music without hearing the same song twice. I could see that being an issue for home server/NAS situation but should be plenty for a portable. Then again, I guess this model does get more home use but there are other player programs that sound good and may offer a larger catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back