iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 16, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #9,931 of 14,593
Something of interest to me. I can find no way to delete the database, so I can start again, in either Mango android or MangoOS. I guess I'll just try and do a re-scan and see how it goes.

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #9,934 of 14,593
To some extent, yes. In MangoOS I get 19k, which is closer but still not all of them. It seems as though it is inconsistent to me. I may delete the database and try scanning again to see if I get a different number. To me this is a bug that needs addressed.
Interesting. Don't know if this is related, but I've found MangoOS to have issues with detecting large chunks of data via MTP on both the DX300 and the DX300 Max. In both cases, when I've tried to load tracks from my laptop onto either the onboard storage or the MicroSD card via the Mango OS MTP function, I found it could not detect files if the loading folder was above a given size. It would then show my laptop folder as empty (although it clearly was not) and the device would altogether drop from the connected device list on Windows Explorer, even though the MTP connection was still on). No data loading could be made. I have not exactly determined which size was the threshold for such an issue to present itself, but I was able with either DX300 device to load smaller folders, e.g., containing up to ca. 40-60Gb of tracks (MP3 and Flacs). This was, however, a constant issue with much larger folders (e.g. >100Gb). MTP, on the other hand, with the same two devices I've had, has always worked perfectly from Android for any size of folder. I've posted on this issue quite a while ago (when I first got my DX300, which I have since sold) and told Paul about it, but I was never given an explanation. It may, of course, be an unrelated bug, but I can't help but wondering if it reflects a common underlying issue with the Mango software re. data volumes.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #9,935 of 14,593
Interesting. Don't know if this is related, but I've found MangoOS to have issues with detecting large chunks of data via MTP on both the DX300 and the DX300 Max. In both cases, when I've tried to load tracks from my laptop onto either the onboard storage or the MicroSD card via the Mango OS MTP function, I found it could not detect files if the loading folder was above a given size. It would then show my laptop folder as empty (although it clearly was not) and the device would altogether drop from the connected device list on Windows Explorer, even though the MTP connection was still on). No data loading could be made. I have not exactly determined which size was the threshold for such an issue to present itself, but I was able with either DX300 device to load smaller folders, e.g., containing up to ca. 40-60Gb of tracks (MP3 and Flacs). This was, however, a constant issue with much larger folders (e.g. >100Gb). MTP, on the other hand, with the same two devices I've had, has always worked perfectly from Android for any size of folder. I've posted on this issue quite a while ago (when I first got my DX300, which I have since sold) and told Paul about it, but I was never given an explanation. It may, of course, be an unrelated bug, but I can't help but wondering if it reflects a common underlying issue with the Mango software re. data volumes.
I am not sure I understand. Do you mean an individual song or total size of something being scanned in?

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #9,936 of 14,593

I am not sure I understand. Do you mean an individual song or total size of something being scanned in?
I was going to ask the same question, because I wonder if this might have something to do with the type of formatting on the card?!

On a separate but related note, I have issues trying to transfer files in android. It is not single file size related (that I know of), but more on how much overall data is being transferred. The data is transferred right up until the file explorer window being used to send the files (in Windows 10) suddenly stops and simply closes.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #9,937 of 14,593
I was going to ask the same question, because I wonder if this might have something to do with the type of formatting on the card?!

On a separate but related note, I have issues trying to transfer files in android. It is not single file size related (that I know of), but more on how much overall data is being transferred. The data is transferred right up until the file explorer window being used to send the files (in Windows 10) suddenly stops and simply closes.
Right, formatting of the card. I forgot about that and package size. I use Exfat all the time but I know there are some formats that will limit.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #9,938 of 14,593
Right, formatting of the card. I forgot about that and package size. I use Exfat all the time but I know there are some formats that will limit.
Same here, though I have a couple of older Fiio DAPs (X5 OG and X3II) that required Fat32. It was baked into the system (you could actually format your card in the DAP). You could use ExFat, but when scanning, it would miss files (just like Mango seems to be doing). And it was inconsistent in what would be found and what wouldn't. Back then my library was much smaller, and it was much easier to track down what was added, and what was not.

As a positive note though, when I cleared the database and rescanned Mango android, it found all 20,848 of my songs this time. Now I am going to try the same with MangoOS. This might have happened at a programmatical level?? There is probably a static "time-out" value that the app uses, and if that time goes by without response (finding a file), it will skip to the next. If there are any hiccups on the card while it is being read (speed, apps in background, etc...), this could cause the issue of not finding files. I would say that maybe this static time-out needs to be lengthened but this would cause the app to take much longer to scan the memory (though more accurately IMO).

I guess if there IS a database limit, I don't seem to have reached it as of yet...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #9,939 of 14,593

Nothing to do with card format (it's ExFat btw), cause MTP worked fine for me on Android for the same card (or the onboard RAM, which is preformatted). That would not be the case if card format were the problem, e.g., by limiting data package size. And, yes, it happens above a given folder size for data transfer (single folder containing track files in my case), but the problem, I repeat, is particular to MTP with Mango. In such cases, the onboard memory or the MicroSD card on the DX300(Max) is shown as not already containing any data (as empty). When I'm going through the transfer it does what @samandhi mentioned above: the connected device (DX300) suddenly disappears from the list on Windows Explorer, data transfer stops and the window closes.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #9,940 of 14,593
Nothing to do with card format (it's ExFat btw), cause MTP worked fine for me on Android for the same card (or the onboard RAM, which is preformatted). That would not be the case if card format were the problem, e.g., by limiting data package size. And, yes, it happens above a given folder size for data transfer (single folder containing track files in my case), but the problem, I repeat, is particular to MTP with Mango. In such cases, the onboard memory or the MicroSD card on the DX300(Max) is shown as not already containing any data (as empty). When I'm going through the transfer it does what @samandhi mentioned above: the connected device (DX300) suddenly disappears from the list on Windows Explorer, data transfer stops and the window closes.
That IS strange, which is why I mentioned the basic same thing happening to me but in android Mango. I can consistently repeat this behavior. And though I have not figured out this limit where it shuts down/quits, I can transfer a few albums (or discographies) at a time, and it works fine. Anything too large, and I am just better off taking the card out, inserting into my PC and doing it that way.

Did you have this same issue with both the DX300, and the Max? Also, are you using a USB 3 port, or less? I wonder if it might be a bandwidth issue. I am not sure of the data rate at which the DXxx can run at, but I would imagine if you are transferring to SD, then that would be the bottleneck.

So, I tried deleting and re-scanning my songs on my DX160 Mango android, and while it DID indeed find all 20848 songs, it took over two hours to do so (wow the difference in speeds of the SOC for these). I will try MangoOS on both of these next to see if it finds all of them.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #9,941 of 14,593
I always take the card out and transfer directly to it. I don't see any reason to use the dap.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #9,942 of 14,593
I always take the card out and transfer directly to it. I don't see any reason to use the dap.
Normally I would agree, but since my laptop doesn't have a card reader, the only reader/adapter I have ATM is only 2.0 compatible. It seems faster transferring directly.

Oh, and I finally pulled the trigger on the Amp12... Can't wait to hear how it sounds, and whether I will do either of the mods <we all know I will end up doing one of the two, who am I kidding? :o2smile:>.

Jan 17, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #9,944 of 14,593
Played around with Neutron and i think i've extracted the best sound from this device . I like NOS mode but was not a fan of the slight roll off on the top end . By using PCM to DSD (128) setting in Neutron i get that NOS sound but with slightly better dynamics and no rolled off treble (better soundstage) , Perfect . The only downside is it uses up the battery faster but who cares when it sounds this good .

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #9,945 of 14,593
That IS strange, which is why I mentioned the basic same thing happening to me but in android Mango. I can consistently repeat this behavior. And though I have not figured out this limit where it shuts down/quits, I can transfer a few albums (or discographies) at a time, and it works fine. Anything too large, and I am just better off taking the card out, inserting into my PC and doing it that way.

Did you have this same issue with both the DX300, and the Max? Also, are you using a USB 3 port, or less? I wonder if it might be a bandwidth issue. I am not sure of the data rate at which the DXxx can run at, but I would imagine if you are transferring to SD, then that would be the bottleneck.

So, I tried deleting and re-scanning my songs on my DX160 Mango android, and while it DID indeed find all 20848 songs, it took over two hours to do so (wow the difference in speeds of the SOC for these). I will try MangoOS on both of these next to see if it finds all of them.
From Mango OS via MTP on both DX300 reg and Max. Android MTP works perfectly with both, on the other hand. And a funny thing, since you mentioned it, the problem was there for USB3.0 ports, but not USB2.0 (e.g., I was able to transfer folders >100GB from my PC which also has 2.0 ports). Not sure why bandwidth would be an issue with MangoOS but not Android.
Well, true, I use a card reader or MTP in Android mode, so this bug does not limit me in any way. It's by no means a deal breaker (esp. for a DAP like Max). Still, it's a curious thing, curious enough to raise here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back