iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 29, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #8,701 of 14,596
Much obliged, jamato8 and Whitigir. So, High gain on the DX300 (perhaps all or most DAPs?) is unity gain, and the most "pure" way to go LO to external amp and anything connected to PO, so long as it's not too much for what you're driving. Anything less than High Gain introduces additional resistors. In theory, High gain should sound and measure the best. Yes? Does gain have anything to do with noise floor? In my half-formed knowledge, I was thinking that Low gain might have a lower/quieter "floor."
The noises get induced by many meanings, even from errors that is fed toward the DAC from a bad MicroSD, and together with losses of dynamic, fidelity….etc… the most common noise sources is coming from the Power supplies, and not jitters as we have been marketing and lied to by many makers. Jitters are important, but not as important as a good and noise free power supplies feeding the DAC. Just so long as the DAC is implemented under a unity gain for a specific gain, then that specific gain is the most beneficials in both aspects “lowest floor noises” and “maximized dynamic retrieval”

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #8,702 of 14,596
The noises get induced by many meanings, even from errors that is fed toward the DAC from a bad MicroSD, and together with losses of dynamic, fidelity….etc… the most common noise sources is coming from the Power supplies, and not jitters as we have been marketing and lied to by many makers. Jitters are important, but not as important as a good and noise free power supplies feeding the DAC. Just so long as the DAC is implemented under a unity gain for a specific gain, then that specific gain is the most beneficials in both aspects “lowest floor noises” and “maximized dynamic retrieval”
Great. How in the world does one know the unity gain for a device like the DX300 or any other? I take it that "...implemented under a unity gain for a specific gain" means it's not always "High."

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #8,703 of 14,596
Great. How in the world does one know the unity gain for a device like the DX300 or any other? I take it that "...implemented under a unity gain for a specific gain" means it's not always "High."
Correct, those stuff needs to be clarified by the engineering teams. For example, Sony mentioned that their DAC are fully optimized for maximized dynamic and performances, hence the reason why they needed the analog volume control AKA the big gold knob. So the DAC is always firing at 100%. All the gain functions are from the amplifiers and not from the DAC itself

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #8,705 of 14,596
Compared the dx312 vs AK sp1kM again and now im hearing new things. Actually iBasso has significantly wider stage. It sounds GRAND in comparison. The AK has very sweet, warm sound but iBasso is bigger, spacious, sounds huge, more mature with better extended hights. Again- well done iBasso!

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #8,706 of 14,596
I can remember way back at a show doing a volume matched (spl meter app) between DX200, AK380 (copper. Aluminum, SS ??? - can’t remember the exact builds) with their attached amps and it was fairly close at the time, on par.

Forget which one it was closest to in signature.

*getting eyeballed at the AK table. lol

Also a CEntrance versus AK240? I forget all the old names. Close. AK more airy and CEntrance more body. Quality the same.

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #8,707 of 14,596
I want to share with you, friends. Yesterday I found a new interesting sound with DX311mk2 + Fiio FH7 + Labkable Samurai III. For vocal and instrumental music genres and classical music, sounds very open, detailed and engaging! This is definitely a new accent for the DX300. The cost of the headphones is quite low and the result is fantastic! Had to take all my money out of my pockets and buy FH7 with cable. My saler was very happy about it))

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #8,708 of 14,596
I want to share with you, friends. Yesterday I found a new interesting sound with DX311mk2 + Fiio FH7 + Labkable Samurai III. For vocal and instrumental music genres and classical music, sounds very open, detailed and engaging! This is definitely a new accent for the DX300. The cost of the headphones is quite low and the result is fantastic! Had to take all my money out of my pockets and buy FH7 with cable. My saler was very happy about it))
You're very fortunate to live near a store where you can try out such things!

Oct 30, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #8,709 of 14,596
Has anyone been able to uninstall CoolAPK? Google Play constantly gives me warnings about CoolAPK but all I can do is Force Stop. Perhaps there is a 3rd party utility that uninstalls unwanted Android apps?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #8,712 of 14,596
Today after a long time I dug out my UM Mest MKII again. Had spent the last few months mainly with Oriolus Isas and Focal Celestee. I was listening to an album by Patricia Barber. What can I say it sounds phenomenal. The sound has gotten better somehow, I have a feeling. The DX 312 should have 500 hours on the clock. I don't know why the Mest MK II sound so good now. Or it's because I haven't heard them for a good 3 months.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

In Google Übersetzer öffnen

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #8,714 of 14,596
This...the 12 is my go to from day one for my og Vega, Andro and Z1R also use the LO with a xDuoo MT-604 for my 7hz Timeless 👌
Why the xDuoo for the Timeless?
Is it better than only the DX312?

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #8,715 of 14,596
You should be able to drag the icon to the bin? (Once you drag it, de bin appears at the top of the screen)
Thanks. In fact, I had uninstalled it -- I thought. The icon no longer appears, nor is CoolAPK listed in my Apps. So, to be more clear, some vestige is left that Google Play is sensing and giving me its warning message. I just need a utility or something to finish the cleanup. I do see a number of Android utility apps available, so just need to try a couple. Or ignore the Google Play message. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back