iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #5,641 of 14,593
You did not read my post carefully: analog battery is draining first. Streaming affects only the digital battery. Average playtime is 12-15h on this dap. I get only 4h with very sensitive IEM and on low gain.
Ehem, we re just reporting our experience, yours can be different if something is wrong, that's what comparisons are for...
4 hours is definitely not normal
Have u checked battery usage statistics?
What is displayed there?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5,642 of 14,593
One thing you dont write is how long you have had it. (See below).

i found for the first 10-24? Hours (i dont know exactly) it got hot playing flac files. Same thing when i got a new amp module. Then after that it played cold.

As for streaming - as jamato08 said also.

but a factory reset may have faced the problem.

I usually calibrate the batteries once or twice by running them down a couple times.
Over 300h plytime by now

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #5,643 of 14,593
The battery could be imbalanced when the player is new. It took probably 4-5 cycles to complete balancing and compute a good judgement of howmuch juice is left. Those 4-5 cycles will actually happens around 150-200 hours or so, which also coincide with the burn-in period as well.

This is due to the battery management system, which have to learn and calibrate the depletion of the device based on load of various conditions.

While streaming and staying in the pocket, the player get warmed up and hay is normal just as @jamato8 mentioned above. However, it won’t be crazily and scarily hot as other players for sure
My DAP has over 300h burn in. I got 4h playtime while the player reaches temperatures above 40 degree celsius.
Do you have the same player and experienced the same issues?

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #5,644 of 14,593
Hi, i like to address some issues with the iBasso DX300.

1. the analog battery is draining out first when listening to music.
After 4h of playtime, the analog battery is empty while the digital battery is at 60-70% and the DAP is getting real hot after 1-2 hours of playtime (ca. 40 degree Celsius)

2. when i charge the DX300, the digital battery is charging first, no simultaneously charging of both batteries. (This is fixed now: after i have restart the DAP (for the first time) to Mango OS and back to android, now both batteries are charging simultaneously).

I have read here on the forum that you guys reach 14h playtime and your devices are not getting hot at all.

My setup: Tidal streaming service, Fiio FH7 IEM (111db, 16 Ohm) with 4,4mm balanced jack on low gain, volume level at 50%.

I have sent the device back at audiophonics where i bought it and they put the device to a test. They claimed that they got 12h playtime on Mango OS with 66%A and 85 %D charge left. They used some cheap single ended IEM for the test with a volume level of 80%.

After i have read their message i was shocked because i was convinced that the DAP is faulty.

I am speechless an i have no answers for now.
I dont know how they got so much playtime.
I can trust only my experience.

Could it be the case that before i sent them the device, i have done a factory reset and therefore the DAP is running now how it should be.

What do you guys think?

Ps. DAP has over 300h playtime.
just want to asked for ur usage exp...
when u use it, u bring it in ur pocket?
did u use it with case?
distant from you DAP to ur wifi?
what charger u used? 20 Watts QC?

to many factor, treat it like smartphone...
even now, I turn off the double tap screen, to prevent me accidentally touch when I put in my pocket...

my exp, I use the silicon case, it can be hot, i felt in the screen, in the level of smartphone...

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #5,645 of 14,593
If charging and steaming it will get warmer. Even my iPhone 11 can get warm to pretty warm when I use it and have it charging. Just relaying my experience.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #5,647 of 14,593
I don't think they will make any replacement.
Kinda missing having that blue leather fitting good on mine. The TPU case is much more secure, but I miss that upscale feel of the leather. All my A&K players have first-party cases that fit like a glove, but had to be purchased separately.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #5,649 of 14,593
Kinda missing having that blue leather fitting good on mine. The TPU case is much more secure, but I miss that upscale feel of the leather. All my A&K players have first-party cases that fit like a glove, but had to be purchased separately.
I made my original blue leather case fit just fine with no slipping. A small 1.5in strip cut from Softtouch Gripper Bars self-stick material was placed on the inside lower left side wall of the case and no more slipping! Here is the Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SL0KJC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #5,650 of 14,593
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #5,651 of 14,593
Regarding that heat topic, don't know what you guys are doing but mine is sitting in leather case and sitting either on table or in back of my jeans or in side pocket of jacket and as mentioned not even getting even hand warm in any scenario so far even when being charged at the same time when playing.
It's MKII and so far seeing like 2 days almost constant burn in time...
And I hope and pray it will stay like this...

Regarding charging, I kept it playing and charging over some hours to my desktop usb hub and it loaded the analogue battery to 100% and the digital battery drained to 16%
Now connected to QC3.0 charger the digital one is starting to charge...
So there seems to be a dependency to charging power - I will better use only QC 3.0 in future...

What I also found out is that Mango player is not displayed in battery usage statistics.
That means if you use it like 80% in Android it won't show up in drainage statistics even though drinking most of the juice...

Attachments

• DEF78501-21C7-4FCA-BDC3-4A6C86630D81.jpeg
    DEF78501-21C7-4FCA-BDC3-4A6C86630D81.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #5,652 of 14,593
Batteries are independent.

When you play music without much use of the screen then the Analogue battery will always deplete first.

Then at charging the batteries will charge with a time difference and not simultaneously.

Regarding heat and playing time I get more than 13 hours streaming 24/96 Qobuz at low/50 with the screen always off.
No heating at all.

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #5,653 of 14,593
Regarding that heat topic, don't know what you guys are doing but mine is sitting in leather case and sitting either on table or in back of my jeans or in side pocket of jacket and as mentioned not even getting even hand warm in any scenario so far even when being charged at the same time when playing.
It's MKII and so far seeing like 2 days almost constant burn in time...
And I hope and pray it will stay like this...

Regarding charging, I kept it playing and charging over some hours to my desktop usb hub and it loaded the analogue battery to 100% and the digital battery drained to 16%
Now connected to QC3.0 charger the digital one is starting to charge...
So there seems to be a dependency to charging power - I will better use only QC 3.0 in future...

What I also found out is that Mango player is not displayed in battery usage statistics.
That means if you use it like 80% in Android it won't show up in drainage statistics even though drinking most of the juice...
What do you mean with "MK2"? Do you have the 2nd version of the DAP? Where do you spot that its the 2nd version?

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #5,654 of 14,593
What do you mean with "MK2"? Do you have the 2nd version of the DAP? Where do you spot that its the 2nd version?
Hi
I got it this week.
Look at earlier posts.
Nowadays it comes with Amp11 MK2.
The base device should be the same though...

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #5,655 of 14,593
Maybe when You are charging on computer while playing there are Happening mysterious multitudes 😉
The player could be detected as USB source player that means that only the Digital battery will drain (or not Charge). Only maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back