iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #5,627 of 14,593
On AMAZON:

1619098336801.png

Attachments

• 1619098299475.png
    1619098299475.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #5,629 of 14,593
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #5,630 of 14,593
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #5,631 of 14,593
More changes between MkI and II directly. The differences when connect to C9 is negligible...under these instances
Thank you, probably will hold and see what new amps come out before diving into MK 2.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #5,632 of 14,593
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #5,633 of 14,593
Note that the charging is audible with sufficiently sensitive cans (maybe it was my dirty power supply or charger), so I'd try to avoid it.
Thanks. My question was intended for cable burn-in not iem burn-in (just to make sure, as my PD2 didn't allow it). But it's useful to know. I guess when charging there must be some travel that could impact the analog signal?

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #5,634 of 14,593
Hi, i like to address some issues with the iBasso DX300.

1. the analog battery is draining out first when listening to music.
After 4h of playtime, the analog battery is empty while the digital battery is at 60-70% and the DAP is getting real hot after 1-2 hours of playtime (ca. 40 degree Celsius)

2. when i charge the DX300, the digital battery is charging first, no simultaneously charging of both batteries. (This is fixed now: after i have restart the DAP (for the first time) to Mango OS and back to android, now both batteries are charging simultaneously).

I have read here on the forum that you guys reach 14h playtime and your devices are not getting hot at all.

My setup: Tidal streaming service, Fiio FH7 IEM (111db, 16 Ohm) with 4,4mm balanced jack on low gain, volume level at 50%.

I have sent the device back at audiophonics where i bought it and they put the device to a test. They claimed that they got 12h playtime on Mango OS with 66%A and 85 %D charge left. They used some cheap single ended IEM for the test with a volume level of 80%.

After i have read their message i was shocked because i was convinced that the DAP is faulty.

I am speechless an i have no answers for now.
I dont know how they got so much playtime.
I can trust only my experience.

Could it be the case that before i sent them the device, i have done a factory reset and therefore the DAP is running now how it should be.

What do you guys think?

Ps. DAP has over 300h playtime.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #5,635 of 14,593

After 4h of playtime, the analog battery is empty while the digital battery is at 60-70% and the DAP is getting real hot after 1-2 hours of playtime (ca. 40 degree Celsius)

2. when i charge the DX300, the digital battery is charging first, no simultaneously charging of both batteries. (This is fixed now: after i have restart the DAP (for the first time) to Mango OS and back to android, now both batteries are charging simultaneously).

I have read here on the forum that you guys reach 14h playtime and your devices are not getting hot at all.

My setup: Tidal streaming service, Fiio FH7 IEM (111db, 16 Ohm) with 4,4mm balanced jack on low gain, volume level at 50%.

I have sent the device back at audiophonics where i bought it and they put the device to a test. They claimed that they got 12h playtime on Mango OS with 66%A and 85 %D charge left. They used some cheap single ended IEM for the test with a volume level of 80%.

After i have read their message i was shocked because i was convinced that the DAP is faulty.

Could it be the case that before i sent them the device, i have done a factory reset and therefore the DAP is running now how it should be.

What do you guys think?
I think your DX300 is normal. When you stream it uses more current and current equates to heat. If you are going to be doing much streaming and balanced etc., I would keep it in a cooler area so it can get rid of the heat that is being generated.

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #5,636 of 14,593
The battery could be imbalanced when the player is new. It took probably 4-5 cycles to complete balancing and compute a good judgement of howmuch juice is left. Those 4-5 cycles will actually happens around 150-200 hours or so, which also coincide with the burn-in period as well.

This is due to the battery management system, which have to learn and calibrate the depletion of the device based on load of various conditions.

While streaming and staying in the pocket, the player get warmed up and hay is normal just as @jamato8 mentioned above. However, it won’t be crazily and scarily hot as other players for sure

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #5,637 of 14,593
One thing you dont write is how long you have had it. (See below).

i found for the first 10-24? Hours (i dont know exactly) it got hot playing flac files. Same thing when i got a new amp module. Then after that it played cold.

As for streaming - as jamato08 said also.

but a factory reset may have faced the problem.

I usually calibrate the batteries once or twice by running them down a couple times.

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #5,638 of 14,593

What do you guys think?
Can only report what I am experiencing
Playing Tidal constantly, often full blown master. Dx300 not even getting hand warm even after hours, coolest DAP I have had ever...
Battery draining with me is like draining digital more than analogue when streaming as it's using WiFi.
Local playing is quite equal with consumption.
Am running MEST MKII balanced mid gain at around 30-35.
Charging sometimes appeared to me that it's loading one battery faster than other one, yes

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #5,640 of 14,593
I think your DX300 is normal. When you stream it uses more current and current equates to heat. If you are going to be doing much streaming and balanced etc., I would keep it in a cooler area so it can get rid of the heat that is being generated.
You did not read my post carefully: analog battery is draining first. Streaming affects only the digital battery. Average playtime is 12-15h on this dap. I get only 4h with very sensitive IEM and on low gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back