iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 25, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #5,056 of 14,596
What a bummer, @ddHiFi C-2019 carrying case is no longer in production and can't buy them anywhere, but they fit DX300 like a glove!!! And with that velcro spacer you can create a perfect partition for the DAP. I know, they have 2020 and 2021 versions of the case, really cool too, bigger, with more pockets, and more storage including iems and other accessories, but just for DX300 alone, this is a perfect padded slim case. If anybody still have one, check it out with your DX300.

ddhifi_case-ibasso-dx300-01.jpgddhifi_case-ibasso-dx300-02.jpgddhifi_case-ibasso-dx300-03.jpg

I even fit my 220max in there. lol

20210127_173736.jpg

20210127_173712.jpg

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #5,057 of 14,596
Could someone please check if the lock screen function in Mango OS mode is working?
It's not for me and its one of them silly little things that ends up bugging you.
In the instructions (page 12) it says "On Mango OS, long press the play button to lock the screen"
I would find this very useful if it worked. I have the latest firmware on 1.02.204

Thank you for your time :beerchug:

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #5,058 of 14,596
Could someone please check if the lock screen function in Mango OS mode is working?
It's not for me and its one of them silly little things that ends up bugging you.
In the instructions (page 12) it says "On Mango OS, long press the play button to lock the screen"
I would find this very useful if it worked. I have the latest firmware on 1.02.204

Thank you for your time :beerchug:
Long-pressing the Play button in Mango OS does nothing for me.

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #5,060 of 14,596
Need a bit of help. Just got my DX300 from HeadAmp. Did the latest update. The manual from online doesn't say anything about how to install my micro sd card. Is there anything I need to do to the card, i.e. I've got all the files in a master folder called "Music". Do I need to remove this? (it was for my Sony player). I only want to use Mango player. Please help a guy who wants to get up and running!

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #5,061 of 14,596
The microsd card should be plug n play. No need to reformat it or anything. (Unless it is set to some proprietary setup beforehand)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #5,062 of 14,596
Has it been determined which "player" has the best quality playback of files on a sd card? I know whitigir says the Mango player but has that been confirmed to be absolutely true? I ask cause Mango is kinda clunky..... and it's labeled almost half of my artists on albums as unknown! The 220MAX I had didn't do that. Kinda bummed about this.

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #5,063 of 14,596
Has it been determined which "player" has the best quality playback of files on a sd card? I know whitigir says the Mango player but has that been confirmed to be absolutely true? I ask cause Mango is kinda clunky..... and it's labeled almost half of my artists on albums as unknown! The 220MAX I had didn't do that. Kinda bummed about this.
How do you like the sound compared with Calyx M?

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #5,064 of 14,596
Has definitely a chance to be in the same league, especially the NOS setting!. In other ways I think it will surpass Calyx M. But I reserve judgement for after burn in.
I set up the Mango player in Android and It doesn't put everyone in unknown like the dedicated Mango! Very frustrating..... Any ideas anyone?

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #5,065 of 14,596
One thing I'd like to get improved by Ibasso if possible. That's the Sleep timer. Which is counting total listening time instead of the current listening session. As a result I face situations like this one, fx.

1. Set timer to 1 hour.

2. Listen for 55 minutes. Stop playback.

3. Take the player next day, start listening.

4. In 5 minutes player suddenly turns off without warning.

Could be good to change it so that if one stops the music manually, next time the music is played the count starts from scratch. Or at least have a warning (including a sound warning for cases when one doesn't follow the screen), so that you could manually cancel the turn off.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #5,066 of 14,596
Need a bit of help. Just got my DX300 from HeadAmp. Did the latest update. The manual from online doesn't say anything about how to install my micro sd card. Is there anything I need to do to the card, i.e. I've got all the files in a master folder called "Music". Do I need to remove this? (it was for my Sony player). I only want to use Mango player. Please help a guy who wants to get up and running!
Just stick in the slot and scan,you'll be good to go

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #5,067 of 14,596
Is there a general consensus on how the DX300 should be configured for line-out? I know you can swap over to "LO" in the settings, but the three gain levels and volume wheel also seem to have an effect. What is the appropriate settings for a standard 2V (I think?) output into a receiver or something.

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #5,068 of 14,596
326E5508-00A7-4512-88BB-DB306A95AF42.jpegF3104F08-FD63-4966-8F80-42A0495BB5FB.jpeg

There was some interesting discussion a couple months back on this thread about burn-in skepticism happening to "coincidentally" always be the changes that we wish for, never negative. Wanted to share a small anecdotal experience to play a quick devil's advocate.

When I demo'd the Traillii 8 weeks ago, I loved the out-of-box DX300 warmer signature as a compliment to the R8's more stage, treble and airiness focused presentation. The pre-burned in DX300 had a much more forward, well-layered yet intimate lower-midrange and bass emphasis, which worked for when I wanted more "aggression" in my pairing.

8 weeks is a long-time in our fast-moving hobby, and although I overall prefer how DX300 has burned-in to become more balanced since then, I do find it has approached closer to the R8 in terms of neutrality, which has me somewhat missing the synergy Traillii had with pre-burned in DX300. Yes-the mids are still more forward and musical on DX300 than R8. Yes-the bass is still more textured and dynamic on DX300, but it's no longer the warm monster pairing I had prior, which was a guilty pleasure!

Nonetheless, today's pairing out of High Gain, NOS digital filter is amazing as a standalone. Excellent timbre, beautiful layering, and amazing bass-response. No complaints here! Just portraying how we win some and lose some :).

Mar 26, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #5,069 of 14,596
326E5508-00A7-4512-88BB-DB306A95AF42.jpegF3104F08-FD63-4966-8F80-42A0495BB5FB.jpeg

There was some interesting discussion a couple months back on this thread about burn-in skepticism happening to "coincidentally" always be the changes that we wish for, never negative. Wanted to share a small anecdotal experience to play a quick devil's advocate.

When I demo'd the Traillii 8 weeks ago, I loved the out-of-box DX300 warmer signature as a compliment to the R8's more stage, treble and airiness focused presentation. The pre-burned in DX300 had a much more forward, well-layered yet intimate lower-midrange and bass emphasis, which worked for when I wanted more "aggression" in my pairing.

8 weeks is a long-time in our fast-moving hobby, and although I overall prefer how DX300 has burned-in to become more balanced since then, I do find it has approached closer to the R8 in terms of neutrality, which has me somewhat missing the synergy Traillii had with pre-burned in DX300. Yes-the mids are still more forward and musical on DX300 than R8. Yes-the bass is still more textured and dynamic on DX300, but it's no longer the warm monster pairing I had prior, which was a guilty pleasure!

Nonetheless, today's pairing out of High Gain, NOS digital filter is amazing as a standalone. Excellent timbre, beautiful layering, and amazing bass-response. No complaints here! Just portraying how we win some and lose some :).
You have future amp modules to look forward to and you can always try a different filter. The NOS sounds very good (5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back