iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 16, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #4,891 of 14,596
I noticed you have the ThieAudio Monarch in your signature.. Did you try that with the DX300? If so what is your impression of the sound signature?

Very meaty/weighted sound (in a good way), excellent bass (and sub-bass) responses with this rumble that I find so satisfying (slightly better than the BA driver bass on U12T in my opinion), resolution is also top-notch (very close to the performance on my U12T, but U12T is a hair more refined when I listen closely to orchestral tracks; it has better detail retrievals). Both imaging and instrumental separation are excellent. Signature I must say could be perceived as a tad bright for some people; sound neutral to my ears. I must say for a $700 IEM, the Monarch is a keeper and irreplaceable in my collection. Make sure you can demo a pair to check the fit since the shell, while beautiful, is relatively big for smaller ears. I happen to have big ears anyway so not too much of a trouble after some tips rolling.

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #4,892 of 14,596
Got mine today in Blue. Damn wow the paring with my Odin is next level. So much more musical as a combo compared to my Kann Alpha.
Such a great versatile beast. Can definitely enjoy YouTube on this as well.
Very different in sound with the Alpha (which I prefer my tia fourte with) to the point that I may keep both and just sell the ZX507.

IMG_5578.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #4,893 of 14,596
It's the android stack and subsequent resampling that I was referring to. Would be great to see Roon output according to the source bitrate without resampling.
Also the hardware buttons do double actions on Roon. Like when u press pause it pauses and starts playing again. Next and previous track skips 2 tracks which is annoying.

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #4,895 of 14,596
How does it pair with the legend x. I currently have a Pair of customs

I don't have the Legend X currently on me as it is getting refit even though I have a lot of playtime on it in-between refits. I also did send back the DX300 unfortunately since I am anticipating that I would prefer the M8 + Legend X combo over the DX300 + Legend X. I can only comment on the M8 + Legend X when that comes in.

Based on how the DX300 sounded though, I do think it would be a solid pairing with the Legend X.

Mar 16, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #4,896 of 14,596
I don't have the Legend X currently on me as it is getting refit even though I have a lot of playtime on it in-between refits. I also did send back the DX300 unfortunately since I am anticipating that I would prefer the M8 + Legend X combo over the DX300 + Legend X. I can only comment on the M8 + Legend X when that comes in.

Based on how the DX300 sounded though, I do think it would be a solid pairing with the Legend X.
Ok thank you for the response.

Mar 16, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #4,897 of 14,596
Got mine today in Blue. Damn wow the paring with my Odin is next level. So much more musical as a combo compared to my Kann Alpha.
Such a great versatile beast. Can definitely enjoy YouTube on this as well.

Very different in sound with the Alpha (which I prefer my tia fourte with) to the point that I may keep both and just sell the ZX507.
I agree. Alpha and Dx300 are so different sounding I’m also thinking to keep both daps. Still, if I was forced to choose my desert island dap would be the dx300 :)

Mar 16, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #4,899 of 14,596
Emailed UAPP, Ibasso just sent them a DX300,give them a little time.

Yessss! Can't wait for UAPP support. Sound quality will be even better then!

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #4,901 of 14,596
I don't know if it's the cable properties (doubt it) or the combined impedances magically locking into place but holy **** did this Dita Oslo add a layer of magic to my dx300 + qdc Gemini combo.

20210316_215656.jpg

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4,902 of 14,596
Very meaty/weighted sound (in a good way), excellent bass (and sub-bass) responses with this rumble that I find so satisfying (slightly better than the BA driver bass on U12T in my opinion), resolution is also top-notch (very close to the performance on my U12T, but U12T is a hair more refined when I listen closely to orchestral tracks; it has better detail retrievals). Both imaging and instrumental separation are excellent. Signature I must say could be perceived as a tad bright for some people; sound neutral to my ears. I must say for a $700 IEM, the Monarch is a keeper and irreplaceable in my collection. Make sure you can demo a pair to check the fit since the shell, while beautiful, is relatively big for smaller ears. I happen to have big ears anyway so not too much of a trouble after some tips rolling.
@alexlevn0791, Thank you for the detailed response. That helps tremendously. I am still undecided between the ThieAudio Monarch and Audeze Euclid/ LCD-i3. I've been wanting another IEM that offers a different presentation than my Angie's and IER-M7's.

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #4,903 of 14,596
@alexlevn0791, Thank you for the detailed response. That helps tremendously. I am still undecided between the ThieAudio Monarch and Audeze Euclid/ LCD-i3. I've been wanting another IEM that offers a different presentation than my Angie's and IER-M7's.

I'd say go for Monarch if fit is not an issue since it's an all-rounder in performance. I don't know about Audeze, but it will in my opinion be a significant upgrade to the M7. I never tried the Angie so I don't know about that one either.

Mar 16, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #4,904 of 14,596
Monarch and Dunu Luna would be upgrades to the M7.

But if you a different presentation I would eq the lcd i3. Or without EQ, I would suggest a lesser more natural treble in the Shuoer EJ07 (and has different mids/bass shelf).

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #4,905 of 14,596
I should be getting my player by the 18th. Been having fun reading you guys thread. Not a big burn in guy but I will try to burn it in for about 50 hrs before passing a judgment. By far the most expensive player that I have bought so far.
I'm on the fence about burn in. I'm sure they had to QC the device before shipping. But the longer I play music on the DX300... The better it sounds.. Enjoy your new DX300. I think you will appreciate its qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back