iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #4,126 of 14,593
Speaking of batteries, does anyone notice a significant battery drain when the player is not being used (power on, screen off, no music playing)? Mine drains about 20% per day when I don't use it, even after I upgraded to the latest firmware and did a full reset.

Not a huge deal but still, wondering if my unit is faulty or if this is common behavior? Or maybe there are settings to minimize this?

Thanks

This happens with mine. I just started turning it off completely and the battery stops draining. If it's not used for that long, might as well turn it off.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,128 of 14,593
Speaking of batteries, does anyone notice a significant battery drain when the player is not being used (power on, screen off, no music playing)? Mine drains about 20% per day when I don't use it, even after I upgraded to the latest firmware and did a full reset.

Not a huge deal but still, wondering if my unit is faulty or if this is common behavior? Or maybe there are settings to minimize this?

Thanks
So do you mean you are or are not shutting the DX300 off? If not off there is going to be some drain. I would always turn it off when not in use, that is true of all the players I use.

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #4,130 of 14,593
I think the numbers are different in mango OS than in android btw.

Mango OS:

Digital Filter 1- Fast Roll Off
Digital Filter 2- Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 3- Short Delay Fast Roll Off
Digital Filter 4-Short Delay Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 5-NOS

Android OS:

Digital Filter 2- Short Delay Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 4- Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 5- NOS

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #4,131 of 14,593
Mango OS:

Digital Filter 2- Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 4-Short Delay Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 5-NOS

Android OS:

Digital Filter 2- Short Delay Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 4- Slow Roll Off
Digital Filter 5- NOS

Short delay is minimum phase?

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #4,133 of 14,593
So do you mean you are or are not shutting the DX300 off? If not off there is going to be some drain. I would always turn it off when not in use, that is true of all the players I use.
I meant leaving the player on but not using it. Should I be shutting off completely every time I don't use it then? On my phone there is very small amount of battery drain when not in use but not 20% per day like here.

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #4,134 of 14,593
I meant leaving the player on but not using it. Should I be shutting off completely every time I don't use it then? On my phone there is very small amount of battery drain when not in use but not 20% per day like here.
My one goes down by around 5% overnight in 6 hours. I never switch it off.

Ps: make sure you dont leave it playing lol

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #4,135 of 14,593
Yes I would turn it off when
Yes I would turn it off when you’re not going to be using it.
My one goes down by around 5% overnight in 6 hours. I never switch it off.

Ps: make sure you dont leave it playing lol
Cycling it like that will just decrease the life of the battery.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #4,136 of 14,593
Well over 400 hours now. The refinement and clarity (transparency) to the sound is noticeable.

Received a TPU case today from Amazon. It said crystal clear but it is smoke colored but clear smoke. Looks fine and works very well. Used the socket plugs as well. It has a wrist strap and so one but I have no idea where those would hook up to and wouldn't use them anyway. Case is a very good fit just wish they had left a slot for the SD card but it does cover it so it keeps any dust out, though I have never in years had an issue with dust in an SD slot so more of a non issue, IMO. Good fit.

Are covered buttons easy to push?

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #4,138 of 14,593
Are covered buttons easy to push?
No, not easy. I would say it could be a little easier but as DaYooper says, you won't accidentally change anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back