iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #4,096 of 14,593
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #4,098 of 14,593
I've been trying it out with the Cayin C9 that arrived a few days ago and yesterday, with the Oriolus BA300s. Being tube amps, they both definitely warm up the, for me, slightly aggressive upper mids on the DX300. But it's not yet a night and day improvement. The added complication is that I only have 100 hours on the DX300 so far. So, a settled picture won't emerge for a week or two yet.

Mean Oriolus BA300s and Cayin C9 is equally good with DX300?
You are using IEM or headphones?
Thanks

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #4,100 of 14,593
@Jawis The TinHifi T4 was a cool pickup. What balanced cable did you get for it? I like it a lot but haven't tried it yet with my DX300. I've been listening with my Angie's and LCD-X so far.

Somehow the DX300 in Mango OS mode reminds me of the Questyle QPM. It just effortlessly presents the music beautifully. That is the highest praise I can offer for this DAP! Makes me want to listen to music for hours on end every day.

I'm using a balanced Carbonado Cable on the T4. Essentially a copper cable. Originally bought for my TinHifi P1 to make it sound a little darker and warmer, but it seems to work well with the T4.
I'm in the same boat with DX300. Have been trying it with all my headsets and have been really happy... including my crazy little Koss KE10 haha! For 10USD I recommended anyone to try this. The sound stage is crazy good. Very airy.
I have been spending much more time with the MangoOS than I did with the DX160. The DX300 is coming together as a really solid unit.

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #4,101 of 14,593
Dear @Paul - iBasso - if possible, could iBasso work with Sony to enable 360 reality audio on the headphones app of the DX300?

I think activation may not be possible for those who ONLY have a DX300, since the DX300 has no camera to take the required photos/scans of the ear.

It is, however, possible to scan with the Headphones app a different phone, then restore settings (including 360 reality audio settings) to the DX300, what's missing is a way to then enable 360 reality audio optimization on the DX300 (it still doesn't appear).

I ask because I think without it, 360 reality audio is AWFUL (even on otherwise good headphones) - but there's a massive improvement after the optimization is enabled, on supported headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #4,102 of 14,593
Off topic but might still be useful for streaming freaks who are anyway paying for several services like myself.
I have been using Spotify for quite a while for non-audiohile music discovery and still think that this service has the superior AI for finding music for your own taste.

I have just tried a software called Soundiiz https://soundiiz.com which can synch your playlists between any popular streaming services including Tidal, Quobuz, Deezer, Amazon Music, Youtube, ...
You can even keep the lists in synch and define rules how to do that in detail.

There is a free option for limited synch, paid version is offering the named unlimited and automated synch option.
It's great to discover the music in Spotify and then listening in high quality in Tidal.
Quobuz and Amazon Music HD will most likely work accordingly.

Highly recommended by me.

I use a similar service : https://www.tunemymusic.com

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #4,103 of 14,593
Has anybody hooked the DX300 to an external DAC/AMP?? Is there any benefit in doing so?
Thinking about getting either Xduoo XD05 Balanced OR the ifi idsd Neo for my desktop

Obviously the Xduoo is portable which gives the added benefit of being able to use it with the DX300 but is there any point and will it enhance music on the go???

if not I would go for a desktop solution for the desktop and forget about portability

Thanks all.

I have been using the DX300 with the Oriolus BA300s with pleasing results. The vacuum amp gives a nice smooth warm tone with nice layering. I've been using it mostly with IMR Semper and Oppo PM3.

I've been trying it out with the Cayin C9 that arrived a few days ago and yesterday, with the Oriolus BA300s. Being tube amps, they both definitely warm up the, for me, slightly aggressive upper mids on the DX300. But it's not yet a night and day improvement. The added complication is that I only have 100 hours on the DX300 so far. So, a settled picture won't emerge for a week or two yet.

Would love to try this C9 . looking forward to hearing your comparison between the C9 and BA300s

20210217_195319.jpg20210217_195353.jpg

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #4,104 of 14,593
I have been using the DX300 with the Oriolus BA300s with pleasing results. The vacuum amp gives a nice smooth warm tone with nice layering. I've been using it mostly with IMR Semper and Oppo PM3.

Would love to try this C9 . looking forward to hearing your comparison between the C9 and BA300s

Interesting Rig Config there. Looking forward to hearing about how that BA300 colors the sound.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #4,105 of 14,593
@Jawis The TinHifi T4 was a cool pickup. What balanced cable did you get for it? I like it a lot but haven't tried it yet with my DX300. I've been listening with my Angie's and LCD-X so far.

Somehow the DX300 in Mango OS mode reminds me of the Questyle QPM. It just effortlessly presents the music beautifully. That is the highest praise I can offer for this DAP! Makes me want to listen to music for hours on end every day.
Yes I agree with there being a certain effortlessness with this DAP that makes me want to listen all day

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #4,106 of 14,593
Just out of curiosity how much charge was on people's DX when they first booted up? My model which arrived today only has 4% on the digital battery. Usually products have a bit more power on first power on.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #4,107 of 14,593
Just out of curiosity how much charge was on people's DX when they first booted up? My model which arrived today only has 4%. Usually products have a bit more power on first power on.
I don't remember but it wasn't very high. Has had no issues though and get very good, and unexpected play time length.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #4,108 of 14,593
Yes I agree with there being a certain effortlessness with this DAP that makes me want to listen all day
Just out of curiosity how much charge was on people's DX when they first booted up? My model which arrived today only has 4% on the digital battery. Usually products have a bit more power on first power on.
Mine's digital was completely flat. I guess it got turned on in transport.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #4,109 of 14,593
100% for the digital 96% for analog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back