iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #4,036 of 14,594
Is the D8000 known to be quite stable through impedence changes?

I cannot confirm the D8000, but normally, as far as I know, planars have nearly resistive and constant impedance characteristic across the frequency spectrum. You can also easily test it with your Utopia. Just set the volume to a normal listening volume for both LO and PO and compare the sound.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #4,037 of 14,594
I cannot confirm the D8000, but normally, as far as I know, planars have nearly resistive and constant impedance characteristic across the frequency spectrum. You can also easily test it with your Utopia. Just set the volume to a normal listening volume for both LO and PO and compare the sound.

I'm worried it'll be too loud and maybe have a negative effect on the drivers lol.

But if planars are as you say, the question is just how much current the dx300 pushes - if I'm not wrong apart from not being "amped" the other thing a LO should do is use a much higher impedence to reduce current usage.

Anecdotally in support of that being true, I have noticed since using the C9 thst the amp battery lasts for much longer.

I can also understand why there might be multiple( L, M, H) line out voltages, for more compatibility... I'm hoping M is 4.4v lol.

I've specifically emailed Paul, will see what he says. However, yes - in particular if ibasso releases an amp card with two 4.4 ports, one PO and one LO, I'll probably do it,

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #4,038 of 14,594
I'm worried it'll be too loud and maybe have a negative effect on the drivers lol.

But if planars are as you say, the question is just how much current the dx300 pushes - if I'm not wrong apart from not being "amped" the other thing a LO should do is use a much higher impedence to reduce current usage.

Anecdotally in support of that being true, I have noticed since using the C9 thst the amp battery lasts for much longer.

I can also understand why there might be multiple( L, M, H) line out voltages, for more compatibility... I'm hoping M is 4.4v lol.

I've specifically emailed Paul, will see what he says. However, yes - in particular if ibasso releases an amp card with two 4.4 ports, one PO and one LO, I'll probably do it,

You can also try it with something else. Set the volume to zero in LO mode and slowly increase it - just as a precaution, hold the HP / IEM away from your ears. Anyway, let's see what he will say.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #4,039 of 14,594
The battery on mine is weird. It’s great I can use it for most of the day. However, I can switch it off when it’s got a full charge and the next morning it won’t switch on as the battery is dead. Any suggestions?

Feb 14, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #4,040 of 14,594
You can also try it with something else. Set the volume to zero in LO mode and slowly increase it - just as a precaution, hold the HP / IEM away from your ears. Anyway, let's see what he will say.

Oh Paul says that the DX300 has a resistor LO for amps.

7822CB60-43EB-472F-90B3-C993CC714098.jpeg

FYI @Whitigir

The battery on mine is weird. It’s great I can use it for most of the day. However, I can switch it off when it’s got a full charge and the next morning it won’t switch on as the battery is dead. Any suggestions?

I suggest emailing your point of sale or paul@ibasso.com for support.

Feb 14, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #4,042 of 14,594
I tried the D9200 and I don't hear any change in sound with the same volume level (set to 40), 4.4mm output.

Okay?

Note that if it is indeed a line out you're risking damaging it with such a low impedence headphone.

Edit: Although I wouldn't be too worried. Given that it's the same plug, ibasso reasonably should have built in some protection.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #4,043 of 14,594
That is strange. So it plays all day, no issues but discharges when turned off? How long does it take to charge? I would do a factory reset and also run both batteries down and do a full charge.

Feb 14, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #4,045 of 14,594
Feb 14, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #4,046 of 14,594
interesting topic on LO vs PO sound sig...

i tried myself, with my own CANS, Earbud 64 ohms. Volume 35-40, Mid gain, Digital filter 3.
IMO, LO sounds more tight and tends to bright for my ear, while PO sounds more thick in Vocal especially female..
20210214_180809.jpg

Regarding On stack mode. DX300 to RA2.0bl via TRRS IC
20210212_160556.jpg
LO sounds more detail in edge, and a bit better clarity... not significant, but is there.. IMO

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #4,047 of 14,594
20210215_103251.jpg

Just want to share, Regarding back screen protector...
seems the best size still from samsung S9 plus, so I installed the previous S9 plus jelly screen guard that I had..
Ok lah... the additional benefit. it helps to grip the leather case, so it won't slip easily...

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #4,048 of 14,594
20210215_103251.jpg
Just want to share, Regarding back screen protector...
seems the best size still from samsung S9 plus, so I installed the previous S9 plus jelly screen guard that I had..
Ok lah... the additional benefit. it helps to grip the leather case, so it won't slip easily...

it’s not too bad though not fully cover the back. i just slip a alcohol wipe in there to prevent slip and cleaning when needed.

on the battery, the digital batt always drains faster than the analog one. Am using low gain, volume 40+ play flac 44.1 on the burn in cable provided. managed to get 11hrs with 20% left on the digital batt. just wonder if your analog or digital drains faster using iem?

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #4,049 of 14,594
it’s not too bad though not fully cover the back. i just slip a alcohol wipe in there to prevent slip and cleaning when needed.

on the battery, the digital batt always drains faster than the analog one. Am using low gain, volume 40+ play flac 44.1 on the burn in cable provided. managed to get 11hrs with 20% left on the digital batt. just wonder if your analog or digital drains faster using iem?
Regarding Battery, it depends on CANS... using high impedance CANS.. my Analog run out faster, not even 10 hours based on my gear, but Digital still left around 25-30%... (this is using MANGO OS, with the lowest display screen, and I not always looking to the screen.. I enjoy more the audio then looking the playlist.. lol)

IMO, compare to my DX228EX... this is already 2 times lifetime with similar gear...

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #4,050 of 14,594
My C9 arrives on Monday. Counting the minutes!
Well my dx300 is back to working again without any major issues.

Save for the screen going black (locking) when using the volume wheel...

I am surprised that none of my messages have been replied to @Paul - iBasso

It's the Lunar New Year, is suspect Paul is out on holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back