iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #3,286 of 14,593
Hi bro.
Forgetting the timbre. Only about detail retrieval and micro details, soundstage size and imaging, Is dx300 at the level of fiio m15 in those things?

And other question, about amplification for example audeze lcd2 and hd800. Does the dx300 have the same power of m15?

Please, help because I want to change my m15 for a dx300 :D
Hi

Sorry can't help eith your query. I've yet to hear the DX300, I'm keen but I've only seen one reply to my question and that was somebody who had moved on from the M15 a while before getting the DX300

The DX would have to be a significant step up from the M15 for me to change, still waiting for a direct comparison which in reality might not happen for a while

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #3,289 of 14,593
Apologies for moaning. But i am encountering another issue. Which has repeated 2nd time already.
Basically my digital battery wont charge since yesterday. It was stuck at 30% and have tried LG and Samsung phone/tablet chargers.
Been on charger overnight. Tried restarting the dap but no change.

This one is really annoying because i am commuting to work at the moment and that battery wont last a day.

Anyone had something similar?

I will probably have to drop a line to iBasso. This does not look normal.
Have you tried any other 18W or higher charger ?

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #3,290 of 14,593
If you ask me it is probably the USb-C cable itself. So many usb c cables running off different standards.

A Samsung charger for sure may have wierd Power Delivery setup.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #3,291 of 14,593
If you ask me it is probably the USb-C cable itself. So many usb c cables running off different standards.

A Samsung charger for sure may have wierd Power Delivery setup.
Valid point.. I am using Cable from Tempotec, its more thick cable, with gold plate USB A & USB C (well more on the looks that comforting)...

It will be nice if Paul can jump in, and give a good recommendation about that.. so we all know, can be the problem from the charging not the device it self..

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #3,292 of 14,593
Valid point.. I am using Cable from Tempotec, its more thick cable, with gold plate USB A & USB C (well more on the looks that comforting)...

It will be nice if Paul can jump in, and give a good recommendation about that.. so we all know, can be the problem from the charging not the device it self..

I think a software solution, if possible, would be the best, as there are people that are not following this forum. A warning to the user about the charging anomalies, especially with this dual battery configuration will save a lot of headache both for iBasso and also for the user.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #3,293 of 14,593
I suspect that Skullar just has a busted unit...

The ibasso manual specifically says a 5V charger is fine.

Of course it may be a completely busted cable, but presumably he knows it works for other devices...

Attachments

• AF86CA4A-0639-4F6C-B89D-25B135B1A271.png
    AF86CA4A-0639-4F6C-B89D-25B135B1A271.png
    786.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #3,294 of 14,593
I suspect that Skullar just has a busted unit...

The ibasso manual specifically says a 5V charger is fine.

Of course it may be a completely busted cable, but presumably he knows it works for other devices...
Wow.. I missed those.. nice find...

well, not only Skullar exp this.. even I experience 2 - 3 times, but the different, I sometimes check if its proper charge or not... And when using 18 watt, I seldom do this, since it works OK..

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #3,295 of 14,593
Wow.. I missed those.. nice find...

well, not only Skullar exp this.. even I experience 2 - 3 times, but the different, I sometimes check if its proper charge or not... And when using 18 watt, I seldom do this, since it works OK..

Oh you mean you've tried a known working 5V cable and it has just not charged the dx300?!

That's alarming.

I suppose I'm going to be using 18W or more always, anyway, but still..

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #3,297 of 14,593
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #3,298 of 14,593
Yesterday I resubscribed to Tidal to test out those 352khz tracks. For context I've never been a streaming service user, having collected music for decades & possessing a fairly large collection. The last time I tried the service was with the A&K SR25, and found it very slow & cumbersome to navigate on the tiny screen, with audio that would drop out frequently, and overall came away thinking the experience was frustrating and not worth the money.

Well. I didn't much care about the DX300's screen size or resolution when I bought it, all that mattered was the sound. In fact part of me looked at that huge screen and frowned, wondering how much more pocketable the DAP could've been had they shipped it with a smaller panel. After sampling Tidal on the DX300 I finally understand. Not only does the huge screen make using it a joy, but the processor is so fast the interface is satisfyingly responsive. 352khz Master sound quality is superb, I haven't done any DSD comparisons yet because I'm too busy downloading albums I would never have otherwise been exposed to.

Great as the DX300 is for playing my private library of files, its obvious how much it comes into its own as a streaming device.

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #3,299 of 14,593
After sampling Tidal on the DX300 I finally understand. Not only does the huge screen make using it a joy, but the processor is so fast the interface is satisfyingly responsive. 352khz Master sound quality is superb, I haven't done any DSD comparisons yet because I'm too busy downloading albums I would never have otherwise been exposed to.

Yes that's why streaming is, I think, the future.

I wrote somewhere above that 352kHz master was the real reason (just not obvious to me at the demo) I bought the DX300 + C9 over a Focal Arche.

I don't even have any dsd - I'm sure your thoughts and comparison would be appreciated by many though - so look forward to that if you have some time.

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #3,300 of 14,593
Yes that's why streaming is, I think, the future.

I wrote somewhere above that 352kHz master was the real reason (just not obvious to me at the demo) I bought the DX300 + C9 over a Focal Arche.

I don't even have any dsd - I'm sure your thoughts and comparison would be appreciated by many though - so look forward to that if you have some time.
This device has opened my eyes to why streaming has taken over.

I always looked down upon it as a qualitatively second-rate experience people without large music collections made do with, but when its so easy to navigate a huge library, the sound quality is pristine and wi-fi is rock solid (haven't had a drop out yet) the experience becomes absolutely seamless, in fact it feels almost identical to browsing my local library with the notable exception I'm already discovering a wealth of new music. Sometimes as audiophiles we forget the greatest joy of this hobby is discovering new music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back