iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 11, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #1,651 of 14,593
I hope this is sarcasm!
In Wave or bu*****t AIFF format i don't have to care about storage on my PC/Laptop, but on my mobile devices.
Show me this Exabyte SD-Card and we talk about uncompressed formats.

Eventually but he was referring to hdd all the time. He but we all using sd cards.
I simply dont have such a huge library but still found that wav was the purest way yo do it.

But my ultimate preferences goes to dsd. They sound the best in my findings

Jan 11, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #1,652 of 14,593
Mike is excellent in providing useful information in his channel the HiFi insider, but I am a bit disappointed at some of Woo Audio’s recent advertisements (Mike works for Woo). They had a post that said if you pair the AirPods MAX with WA8 using the wired connection, you will hear a significant sound improvement. This seems to be very untrue to me as AirPods MAX converts any analog back to digital and then uses its own internal processors to produce the analog again. So, whatever wonderful analog you send to it, it will always be the “AirPods MAX” music quality.

Sorry for being off the topic, now let’s get back to the DX300. :)

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #1,653 of 14,593
Mike is excellent in providing useful information in his channel the HiFi insider, but I am a bit disappointed at some of Woo Audio’s recent advertisements (Mike works for Woo). They had a post that said if you pair the AirPods MAX with WA8 using the wired connection, you will hear a significant sound improvement. This seems to be very untrue to me as AirPods MAX converts any analog back to digital and then uses its own internal processors to produce the analog again. So, whatever wonderful analog you send to it, it will always be the “AirPods MAX” music quality. Sorry for being off the topic, now let’s get back to the DX300. :)

Yeah this is the theory, now I did hear a significant improvement with the Airpods Max wired vs BT out of R8 one thing that is unclear is if Tidal HiFi/Master tracks are dealt with similarly to over BT. I mean BT especially AAC has limited bitrate wouldn't it make sense that you do get a better bitrate wired? Apple should explain a bit more how its processing is done. Even if the signal is converted back to digital I did recognize the R8 "signature" when wired to the APM so...

Anyway off topic but it's not that clear cut what happens when the APM is wired

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #1,655 of 14,593
One more video:

https://www.bilibili.com/s/video/BV1Vr4y1T7rg

dx300m.JPG

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #1,656 of 14,593
I am so proud 😛🐅🐾

Mike just proved my opinion being right ! Haha

Wav files are the best ! Hahaha
There is no reason for flac other than convenience!

This is unfortunately one of the examples of selling garbage information just because you have a soapbox to talk. It is such an incompetence to compare flash and FLAC, not knowing why flash was replaced with a better standart that does not belong to just one company (Adobe) and especially the security concerns regarding flash. Unbelievable that this kind of talk can be taken seriously. This is pure bowel movement product. And suggesting AIFF over FLAC is the fly on top of it. "Yeah, Apple does not support FLAC, so we should prefer Apple monopoly format over an open and free format." Why? Because an Apple fanboy wants us to.

Yes, it is all about convenience of having an open and free standart that does not belong to a company, about space but what is the advantage of wav over FLAC? Nothing. And not just the space of your device, also terabytes and terabytes of data storage the content provider companies can spare. "Yeah, tagging does not work with wav, but I know a way to hack it". This is just a horrible click-bait type of video, spreading false information. No post of this kind of a person can be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #1,657 of 14,593
How are ibasso plqyers with accesibility?

Is the whole system accesible woth acreenreader? And the ibasso mango app is also reaad by screen reading. What about Mango OS?

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #1,658 of 14,593
I hope this will be the DAP to rule over all DAP. Let us hope this is the "one".
No this is not the one, and I doubt whether such device exists.

Soundwise the Luxury & Precision P6 Pro is almost a perfect one for me, but it does not rule over all DAP, for everyone obviously.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #1,659 of 14,593
There is no such thing as perfection! Existence in itself is an “imperfection”.

No this is not the one, and I doubt whether such device exists.

Soundwise the Luxury & Precision P6 Pro is almost a perfect one for me, but it does not rule over all DAP, for everyone obviously.
I am curious to hear what you like more on P6Pro vs dx300 ? Given that you have had it on burn-in for a few days now

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #1,661 of 14,593
Everything within its own right is perfect. Maybe not perfect for anything else, but perfect in what it is.

I will have a DX300 very soon. Looking forward. Will compare it to the DX220Max. But of course, burn-in required and will go 24/7 at normal listening volume. Looking forward to it.

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,662 of 14,593
Everything within its own right is perfect. Maybe not perfect for anything else, but perfect in what it is.

I will have a DX300 very soon. Looking forward. Will compare it to the DX220Max. But of course, burn-in required and will go 24/7 at normal listening volume. Looking forward to it.
If you can buy with R8 too. . .. it would be interesting

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,663 of 14,593
Jan 11, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,664 of 14,593
I have heard the R8. Good but not totally impressed with top end and the Max is a different level up. I hope the DX300 is very near the Max and even better in some areas, though I have nothing to complain about with the Max. Well, it isn't portable but was not designed as a portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back