iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #152 of 14,596
There's still a strong possibility for swap able amp modules.
Phablet size, (hopefully larger battery) just a new form factor...

IMG_20201109_110750.jpgIMG_20201109_111722.jpg
just thinking loudly: iBasso was all the time attaching 'replacement' exterior parts for their AMP modules: you have a freedom to choose between plastic and glass back, open it and do replacement by yourself.
@Whitigir from your experience, would it be hard to exchange old AMP case to new one for basic or average user? :)

Nov 9, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #155 of 14,596
Moving to AKM would prove problematic anyway for those who missed it shortage are expected for a while...
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/business/akm-factory-fire-shakes-up-pro-audio-industry

The main the entire factory is now offline and is expected to take a minimum of six months to restore production.

iBasso:
Responding to the concerns of the majority of enthusiasts-Ibasso DX300 will not be affected by this incident.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4569423781834457

Nov 9, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #156 of 14,596
just thinking loudly: iBasso was all the time attaching 'replacement' exterior parts for their AMP modules: you have a freedom to choose between plastic and glass back, open it and do replacement by yourself.
@Whitigir from your experience, would it be hard to exchange old AMP case to new one for basic or average user? :)
It is very easy to swap the entire amp case
@Whitigir how much of a Max could fit into a smaller frame?
Max is pretty much as small as can be. It could be squeezed a little more, but it won’t be much
iBasso:
Responding to the concerns of the majority of enthusiasts-Ibasso DX300 will not be affected by this incident.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4569423781834457
Ibasso could have purchased the IC already, just like Shanling and other manufacturers. Or Ibasso is not going to use AKM at all :wink:

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #158 of 14,596
Ibasso could have purchased the IC already, just like Shanling and other manufacturers. Or Ibasso is not going to use AKM at all :wink:
Agree, once you are this far with a product, parts inventory is more than likeley filled up and ready to go to production chain.
Really hope its es9038pro. One thing I would really like to see would be a dedicated stc chip for pcm to dsd like lotoo gold touch and qls qa361.

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #159 of 14,596
Agree, once you are this far with a product, parts inventory is more than likeley filled up and ready to go to production chain.
Really hope its es9038pro. One thing I would really like to see would be a dedicated stc chip for pcm to dsd like lotoo gold touch and qls qa361.
If Ibasso is using FPGa between the digital interface and the cpu, then it could be easier to achieve pcm to dsd. The next part would be to invest into the algorithms. However, the larger part would be heat dissipation

I am still very curious about what DaC is going to be used for sure
iBasso also said "if things go well, it can be launched within this year" in reply to the comment.
That means we are about 4 more weeks to see preorder if lucky

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #160 of 14,596
Nov 9, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #161 of 14,596
They have to be in the same width, if swap able amps still on the table...
That is why I was asking, if the amp modular remained, then it gotta be the same width . So being longer is confirmed, what about the thickness ? I guess even with the thickness being bumped up, the amp module just need a taller back casing.

It would be amazing if the amp modular remained and the power supply is independently with it own batteries like Max !!! Lol

I have been using larger screen phones for a while, so being phablet size doesn’t bother me at all

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #163 of 14,596
So a @Whitigir modded DX300 is still a possibility at this point....
Lol!!! Modifications is always possible. It is just a matter of “How”. Sometimes developing it on a new platform with new signatures would take a long time.
This is where I love Ibasso so much. The Dx200 then 220 and even Max is just an improved versions based on the same platform which I have spent sometimes to perfected it the way I Preferred.

Basically put, it is meaningless to developing modifications for a platform that keeps on switching design every year. At that speed of productions, you may as well wait for new products instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back