iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 14, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #1,951 of 14,593
It is interesting R8 tought has around 500 hours burn in and ibasso 0 lol
Bur at this stage R8 shows more open sound and more natural. I am again hearing Hibys R8 signature the super natural as life like sound.

I think dx300 need more burn in to really confirm things like is R8 have more clarity or is it dx300? But atm R8 wins in the lightest and airiest feel to the sound.
I am also quiet impressed by how lifelike R8 sounds. But dx300 has a tuning that is between R8 and M8. So that makes it different.

Now back to M8 and it is more thick in flavor then 2 two others. Still M8 sit a part with its own signature just like 1z lol.

PXL_20210115_044756767.jpg
Burn Dx300 for your final opinion among these

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #1,952 of 14,593
Bur at this stage R8 shows more open sound and more natural. I am again hearing Hibys R8 signature the super natural as life like sound.

I think dx300 need more burn in to really confirm things like is R8 have more clarity or is it dx300? But atm R8 wins in the lightest and airiest feel to the sound.
I am also quiet impressed by how lifelike R8 sounds. But dx300 has a tuning that is between R8 and M8. So that makes it different.

Now back to M8 and it is more thick in flavor then 2 two others. Still M8 sit a part with its own signature just like 1z lol.

DX300 is about $600 cheaper than R8. King at its price point I would say.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #1,953 of 14,593
Possible because of the chip and power supply?
So many things. Two batteries, FPGA, caps used, oscillators of very high quality and so on. But You don't really hear the DX300 until at least 75 hours, which is where I am and who knows where it goes from here but at around 50 hours I didn't care for it very much but not the transparency, extreme openness and fitness are coming back into focus.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #1,955 of 14,593

PXL_20210115_044756767.jpg
Make sure you hold on to the sockets :wink: when AB and unplugging too much on M8

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #1,956 of 14,593
Interesting thanks! Looking forward to more impressions!

Well, you have to keep in mind, Analog battery is 2000mAh while Digital is 4000mAh they have different capacity and theoretically Analog will charge faster. For example, I started charging back up from A 0% and D 28% and analog one was charging faster, surpassing digital after about 50-55%. But I think there could be some kind of an intelligent charging mechanism because I keep checking and while analog has been ahead, the gap narrowed down.

But there are too many factors to keep in mind based on your use. In my case I had wifi and BT off and display was mostly off, so you have more analog drain. For someone who is listening to music and multitasking while running other apps or browsing web or looking through album art, you will have additional digital drain. If you are streaming and using wireless headphones, you are possible putting more strain on digital than analog, and so on.

Knowing iBasso and how much testing they do, 2000mAh (A) and 4000mAh (D) are not random numbers and I'm sure it is based on various use scenarios. The best thing, you don't need 2 separate chargers like in MAX so it makes it more portable despite its phablet size. A few people asked me if I would consider it portable or transportable - I can say with 100% certainty it is portable. The size is big, but it is manageable. It it still thin enough and only 300g. MAX is shorter, but it is thicker and wider and weights 700g, that is transportable in my book :D Also, as many others already mentioned, despite some initial speculations from early pictures, the volume/power wheel is just perfect.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,957 of 14,593
I am doing some further tests and F..#$ THE SUB BASS on dx300 is simply Lord good!
I always felt that super visceral sub bass on dx200 and here it is here also this is ibasso sound signature I always liked that from ibasso.

I did further comparisons and also have set all filter to slow roll off so I get same results and I feel ibasso bass a lot better. It is more controlled dynamic and sharper like it has sculpting effect that gives the ability to picture the details or feel with higher precision.

In comparison M8 bass feels bloated and wooly like the bass explosion are going almost like bloated into other frequencies hmmm. I may find in some songs M8 more fun but in others and most of the time dx300 precision always comes at a win.

I would like to add also that dx300 is pretty smooth sounding and yet powerful and very dynamic not behind M8 at all even and may occasionally show more even.

Oh yes the treble dx300 treble is delicate and not fatiguing, smooth with good weight and solidity. It feels same way as bass detailed and good soundstage. Definetly more soundstage perception then on M8 because its not as thick in tonality.
I would also say M8 treble hits slightly less bright then dx300, kinda feels more silky smooth the upper punch of it is less hard or sharp vs dx300. Overall M8 feels less edgy/sharp then dx300, maybe thats a question of a burnin...

R8 gives me some sort of glare in treble and my ears simply hate that! Dx300 and M8 are equally pleasant in treble and nothing feels harshy or pitshy or annoying. For this part ibasso already passed many tests !

No hiss
Freaking good bass
Treble is very good
Overall damn gorgeous

Oh and the volume wheel is pretty good ! Precise and responsive!
But I still found M8 volume wheel faster more tactile and responsive then dx300. M8 is the volume knob master 😅

I am listening to dx300 and I simply feel how the bass is evolving, getting that vibrations, very good punch so deep and fast with goood weight and slam. It is well balanced with mods and treble no feelings of something being more prominent then other parts. So this is a good balanced sound.

When I started dx300 had 100%A and 90%D after playing with it for none stop and scree on pretty all time and wifi streaming.
I only lost 3%A and 11%D

🥰🐅🐾

Attachments

• PXL_20210115_051836810.jpg
    PXL_20210115_051836810.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #1,958 of 14,593
How is the volume knob compared to the DX160 one?
I find the DX160 knob to lightweight material wise and it has to low resistance when turning.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #1,959 of 14,593
How is the volume knob compared to the DX160 one?
I find the DX160 knob to lightweight material wise and it has to low resistance when turning.
I never had an issue with the 160 volume control but the 300 is totally different. A slight indent/click and the volume wheel is CNC stainless. Very nice feeling to use and much better than I expected and feels very strong/solid.

Listening to some Santana, yikes, good!

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,960 of 14,593
I never had an issue with the 160 volume control but the 300 is totally different. A slight indent/click and the volume wheel is CNC stainless. Very nice feeling to use and much better than I expected and feels very strong/solid.

Listening to some Santana, yikes, good!

It's not an issue, i find the haptic a bit cheap, propably thin brass or aluminium.
But when the DX300 knob is steel, i am happy!

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #1,961 of 14,593
This will be my first ibasso DAP. Just wondering, is there any way to bypass the internal amp completely when feeding the signal to an external amp via Line Out?

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,962 of 14,593
This will be my first ibasso DAP. Just wondering, is there any way to bypass the internal amp completely when feeding the signal to an external amp via Line Out?
The line out is any of the sockets on the amp card. You just change it in the menu from phone out to line out and you can have single ended out, 2.5 or 4.4 line out. Pretty cool.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,963 of 14,593
I found a song that sounds better on M8. This is because of the more bassy genre and the guitars on M8 with deeper and bigger weighty notes feels or sounds better due to the warmer tuning of M8. So the music sounds more full, heaftier and very large sound kind of.

On dx300 this feels more neutral a little and the guitar notes while more detailed, lost in exchange the charming thick warmth of M8 that did go well for this guitar song 😛
So M8 found 1 strike back lol

PXL_20210115_052640716.jpg

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #1,964 of 14,593
I am doing some further tests and F..#$ THE SUB BASS on dx300 is simply Lord good!
I always felt that super visceral sub bass on dx200 and here it is here also this is ibasso sound signature I always liked that from ibasso.

I did further comparisons and also have set all filter to slow roll off so I get same results and I feel ibasso bass a lot better. It is more controlled dynamic and sharper like it has sculpting effect that gives the ability to picture the details or feel with higher precision.

In comparison M8 bass feels bloated and wooly like the bass explosion are going almost like bloated into other frequencies hmmm. I may find in some songs M8 more fun but in others and most of the time dx300 precision always comes at a win.

I would like to add also that dx300 is pretty smooth sounding and yet powerful and very dynamic not behind M8 at all even and may occasionally show more even.

Oh yes the treble dx300 treble is delicate and not fatiguing, smooth with good weight and solidity. It feels same way as bass detailed and good soundstage. Definetly more soundstage perception then on M8 because its not as thick in tonality.
I would also say M8 treble hits slightly less bright then dx300, kinda feels more silky smooth the upper punch of it is less hard or sharp vs dx300. Overall M8 feels less edgy/sharp then dx300, maybe thats a question of a burnin...

R8 gives me some sort of glare in treble and my ears simply hate that! Dx300 and M8 are equally pleasant in treble and nothing feels harshy or pitshy or annoying. For this part ibasso already passed many tests !

No hiss
Freaking good bass
Treble is very good
Overall damn gorgeous

Oh and the volume wheel is pretty good ! Precise and responsive!
But I still found M8 volume wheel faster more tactile and responsive then dx300. M8 is the volume knob master 😅

I am listening to dx300 and I simply feel how the bass is evolving, getting that vibrations, very good punch so deep and fast with goood weight and slam. It is well balanced with mods and treble no feelings of something being more prominent then other parts. So this is a good balanced sound.

When I started dx300 had 100%A and 90%D after playing with it for none stop and scree on pretty all time and wifi streaming.
I only lost 3%A and 11%D

🥰🐅🐾

If you have also listened to iBasso220max, could you make a comparison?

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,965 of 14,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back