iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 19, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #13,426 of 14,593
Don't shoot me but my new toy arrived
And yes as many say the Rohm and NuTube do sound good
It a complete different sound vs the DX300 Cirrus DAC
Enjoy your weekend ... 🙏
IMG20220618225741~2-02.jpeg

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #13,427 of 14,593
WOW! 8Track. I remember my first experience with 8Tracks. It was the mid to late 70's and my grandmother was taking me to ball practice. She would always pop in the same tape. It was called Kooky Kountry. It was my favorite! :)

Having said that, I still have about 8 Herbie Hancock albums (in DSD128+).
Remember how when the 8 Track would start slurring a little? You would have to move it to side a little to get it to playback at the normal speed? Another thing I hated was you couldn't rewind them. If your favorite song came on, you had to wait till the track changed to go all the way back to what you wanted to here and hope it wasn't the last song on that particular track.

When I first started on players it was the first ipod that came out. The fat one with the Wolfson Dac in it. Back then it was how many songs can I fit on it? The smaller the mp3 format the more I could get on. I started to notice these don't sound as good as my cd's. So then I went to my next player (which was king for a long time). The Cowon x7. The one with the built in 160gb. Some how I had come across flac files and after moving that type format to the player the songs often times sounded better than the cd I was ripping it from. From then on everything had to be flac. I later learned that wav might even be a little better but my problem with it was, I love album art and cataloging my music certain ways. I don't think wav allows you to add your on album art etc.

Then you could do my other favorite on the Cowon x7 (music videos).

And then I started hearing about dsd. Master quality right out the studio! Never payed it too much mind cause the players that would play it were just ridiculously expensive at the time and I wasn't paying for one. Later on when dsd became standard in players I use to hear @Hawaiibadboy talk about how the Michael Jackson Thriller album in dsd was so much better than the original. He was right. I hear things in that dsd version I have never heard before. So far I only have 2 dsd albums which are Thriller and Pink Floyd's The Wall. I love listening to both of those albums with the Modhouse Argon Mk3 that have the ZMF Lambskin Pads! It's something about Planar Magnetic Headphones! They have the ability to bring out nuances that dynamic headphones just can't.

I still have all my players and surprisingly they all still work pretty smoothly!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #13,428 of 14,593
Don't shoot me but my new toy arrived
And yes as many say the Rohm and NuTube do sound good
It a complete different sound vs the DX300 Cirrus DAC
Enjoy your weekend ... 🙏
IMG20220618225741~2-02.jpeg
You have a rhythm that's scary :sweat_smile:

Jun 19, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #13,429 of 14,593
Remember how when the 8 Track would start slurring a little? You would have to move it to side a little to get it to playback at the normal speed? Another thing I hated was you couldn't rewind them. If your favorite song came on, you had to wait till the track changed to go all the way back to what you wanted to here and hope it wasn't the last song on that particular track.

When I first started on players it was the first ipod that came out. The fat one with the Wolfson Dac in it. Back then it was how many songs can I fit on it? The smaller the mp3 format the more I could get on. I started to notice these don't sound as good as my cd's. So then I went to my next player (which was king for a long time). The Cowon x7. The one with the built in 160gb. Some how I had come across flac files and after moving that type format to the player the songs often times sounded better than the cd I was ripping it from. From then on everything had to be flac. I later learned that wav might even be a little better but my problem with it was, I love album art and cataloging my music certain ways. I don't think wav allows you to add your on album art etc.

Then you could do my other favorite on the Cowon x7 (music videos).

And then I started hearing about dsd. Master quality right out the studio! Never payed it too much mind cause the players that would play it were just ridiculously expensive at the time and I wasn't paying for one. Later on when dsd became standard in players I use to hear @Hawaiibadboy talk about how the Michael Jackson Thriller album in dsd was so much better than the original. He was right. I hear things in that dsd version I have never heard before. So far I only have 2 dsd albums which are Thriller and Pink Floyd's The Wall. I love listening to both of those albums with the Modhouse Argon Mk3 that have the ZMF Lambskin Pads! It's something about Planar Magnetic Headphones! They have the ability to bring out nuances that dynamic headphones just can't.

I still have all my players and surprisingly they all still work pretty smoothly!
Good ole' days!

Yeah, I still have a bunch of my old DAPs, but I remember my first, it was huge in size and capacity (at the time) @20GB. It had some really good sound (again, at the time). I still have it, and it just needs a new battery. Before that I didn't have any portable devices, except maybe the Sony Walkman CD players and such:

Looks like I need to clean it up a bit. The camera shows this up even more than I noticed with my eyes... :)
20220619_202226.jpg

Jun 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #13,433 of 14,593
Will that trap in heat?
I noticed the Etsy Valentium cases fir some models, leave some open grills for not locking in air.

I wish the Valentium flap covers were removable and could be put aside. They just stick out to the side when flapped-open.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #13,436 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso Any tentative updates (timeline - 3 months, 6 months from now) on Android 11 coming for DX300 ? Also would you be releasing AMP11 MK2s seperately (right now it comes with DX320) ? I am wondering what is the differential between MK2 and MK2s.

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #13,437 of 14,593
Hello !

I just received the new iBasso Amp13 to pair with a DX300, but I have had a bad experience. The sound is really really great with the tube, but I had a lot of "interference" sounds during the streaming sessions (Tidal, YouTube).
After contacting iBasso, it is the way the Amp13 is designed that put this Wifi interferences issues. To have a clear sound, you have to cut off the Wifi from your iBasso device.
@Paul - iBasso, do you confirm this issue ? If yes, do you know if a revision is going to show off lately ?
It is quite disapointing that no communication is made about this issue.

Have a nice day everyone !

Antoine

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #13,438 of 14,593
Hello !

I just received the new iBasso Amp13 to pair with a DX300, but I have had a bad experience. The sound is really really great with the tube, but I had a lot of "interference" sounds during the streaming sessions (Tidal, YouTube).
After contacting iBasso, it is the way the Amp13 is designed that put this Wifi interferences issues. To have a clear sound, you have to cut off the Wifi from your iBasso device.
@Paul - iBasso, do you confirm this issue ? If yes, do you know if a revision is going to show off lately ?

Antoine
There are more posts about it
Many have the crackling issue when streaming with the Amp13
AK SP2000T has the same issues

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #13,439 of 14,593
Hello !

Antoine
All interference sounds should go away after a couple minutes. Its normal with tubes with wifi on.
In my case these sounds disappear after 5 mins or so. Sometimes they come back but very occasionally.
Now im streaming Amazon hd for over 3h and nothing, no problemo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back