iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 20, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #13,441 of 14,593
AMP13 single ended only and interference as bonus 🙄

Keeping my AMP12 with both hands for now, but first DX 300 has to come back from Shenzen factory, as volume button started shutting down device.

Until then.....
Yeah, interference that lasts for 4 mins.
But the sound.. Space, air, reverbs, rich, organic notes.
Hard to go back to a solid state after once you hear it:)

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #13,442 of 14,593

Keeping my AMP12 with both hands for now, but first DX 300 has to come back from Shenzen factory, as volume button started shutting down device.

Until then.....
I'm keeping my DX300 since I like it
But bought a 2 x NuTube + Balanced DAP instead

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #13,443 of 14,593
Is it ok for fully fledged he
I dont know, I got used to balanced 4.4mm plus using fully fledged headphones only... It would be ok for Cascade probably, but LCD2 2021 or Verite closed... If it was only bal...

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #13,444 of 14,593
@Gymboy This baby arrived last week but gonna test drive it with the Fourté first
What's your personal experience with the PW Audio ... ?
IMG20220619215322~2-03.jpeg

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #13,445 of 14,593
After doing some good burn in with the AMP13, getting excellent sound and more power than I thought it would put out. It easily brings great sound to the Utopia or the SR2 and any of my IEMs are an easy do. I have also been using it out to a couple of desktop amps, with excellent results.

Sorry, wrong thread. I meant to post on the DX320 thread since I am referring to the DX320.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #13,448 of 14,593
@Paul - iBasso Any tentative updates (timeline - 3 months, 6 months from now) on Android 11 coming for DX300 ? Also would you be releasing AMP11 MK2s seperately (right now it comes with DX320) ? I am wondering what is the differential between MK2 and MK2s.
Have you heard 11.2S in the DX300, compared to 11.2 (stock)? I am also curious about this, but if it isn't better than stock, I don't really need it (so happy with 13 atm)... :)
Hello !

I just received the new iBasso Amp13 to pair with a DX300, but I have had a bad experience. The sound is really really great with the tube, but I had a lot of "interference" sounds during the streaming sessions (Tidal, YouTube).
After contacting iBasso, it is the way the Amp13 is designed that put this Wifi interferences issues. To have a clear sound, you have to cut off the Wifi from your iBasso device.
@Paul - iBasso, do you confirm this issue ? If yes, do you know if a revision is going to show off lately ?
It is quite disapointing that no communication is made about this issue.

Have a nice day everyone !

Antoine
This is a problem with shielding, and while it isn't affected by BT, when WiFi is accessing data (download or upload), you will hear the quiet crackling. Once it finishes buffering a song, it will go away. If it is TOO annoying, I recommend getting rid of the amp card.

While I do agree that there should have been some sort of preface from iBasso about this known issue (it has to be known by them), it doesn't ruin my experience, so it is fine for me. The pros way outweighs the cons for this card for me IMHO.

Until then.....
It is surprisingly powerful for SE. I have had no problem driving any of my full sized headphones, but I will admit that 150Ohms (and a couple pairs of planars) are the hardest to drive for me. It DOES drive my P1 very nicely (notorious for being really hard to drive).

After some burn-in time with the Amp13 card, the crackling you get from WiFi signal is barely noticeable to the ear (for me). And this is testing with my T800 (9 Ohms + all BA).

Not trying to talk you into anything, I just would hate for you to miss out on something pretty great based on a thought that might be worse in your head than the reality... :)

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #13,449 of 14,593
Have you heard 11.2S in the DX300, compared to 11.2 (stock)? I am also curious about this, but if it isn't better than stock, I don't really need it (so happy with 13 atm)... :)

This is a problem with shielding, and while it isn't affected by BT, when WiFi is accessing data (download or upload), you will hear the quiet crackling. Once it finishes buffering a song, it will go away. If it is TOO annoying, I recommend getting rid of the amp card.

While I do agree that there should have been some sort of preface from iBasso about this known issue (it has to be known by them), it doesn't ruin my experience, so it is fine for me. The pros way outweighs the cons for this card for me IMHO.

It is surprisingly powerful for SE. I have had no problem driving any of my full sized headphones, but I will admit that 150Ohms (and a couple pairs of planars) are the hardest to drive for me. It DOES drive my P1 very nicely (notorious for being really hard to drive).

After some burn-in time with the Amp13 card, the crackling you get from WiFi signal is barely noticeable to the ear (for me). And this is testing with my T800 (9 Ohms + all BA).

Not trying to talk you into anything, I just would hate for you to miss out on something pretty great based on a thought that might be worse in your head than the reality... :)
Thank you for the answer. Yes, you are right. I find them really really great sonically speaking.
It just ruined the experience and discovery of the sound because I've been searching what was going on.
I'm going to try to enjoy more and take less care about the cracking (I'll go offline mode :))

Cheers !

Antoine

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #13,450 of 14,593
Thank you for the answers :)
I'll give a try to let it for a few minutes to see if it disappears, but I fear that the end of the interference with Amazon HD is just Amazon having finished to download the song.
Actually, since you wrote this, I am trying it again (with my Deva), and there is no sound when turning WiFi on anymore. There is a bit of crackle when first starting a song, but it goes away within about 2 seconds (it is more in the space in between the songs and goes away by the first or second beat). Also, this crackling is VERY quiet (wouldn't really hear it unless I was purposely listening for it). I wonder if this is only because the songs I am listening to, I have already listened to before (My Likes), and is in cache (not needing to access WiFi to buffer, only to verify title), or if burn-in is helping, or both, but I will keep testing as I go along... :)

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #13,451 of 14,593
Thank you for the answer. Yes, you are right. I find them really really great sonically speaking.
It just ruined the experience and discovery of the sound because I've been searching what was going on.
I'm going to try to enjoy more and take less care about the cracking (I'll go offline mode :))

Cheers !

Antoine
You are welcome!

Yes, when offline, the background is totally black for me (even from the high V output). It is ONLY when accessing WiFi (that I have heard). :)

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #13,452 of 14,593

I have 11.2 and it is quite good. If I remember right, Ibasso had 11.1 created, but lacked some parts for future production, which led to 11.2

I am not sure if 11.2s was created with DX320 tuning in mind or was it an upgraded version of 11.2

I have Cayin C9, so I am not looking for AMP13.. I plug my AMP12 LO directly into C9 and get blissful soulful yadda yadda..

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #13,453 of 14,593
I have 11.2 and it is quite good. If I remember right, Ibasso had 11.1 created, but lacked some parts for future production, which led to 11.2

I am not sure if 11.2s was created with DX320 tuning in mind or was it an upgraded version of 11.2

I have Cayin C9, so I am not looking for AMP13.. I plug my AMP12 LO directly into C9 and get blissful soulful yadda yadda..
Like this ...
IMG20220611210135~2-01.jpeg

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #13,454 of 14,593

So you haven't heard 11.2S in the DX300?

I don't blame you with the C9. It is a beauty! And, while I haven't heard it, I can only imagine from what I have read that there is plenty to love about it. :)

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #13,455 of 14,593
So you haven't heard 11.2S in the DX300?

I don't blame you with the C9. It is a beauty! And, while I haven't heard it, I can only imagine from what I have read that there is plenty to love about it. :)

Yes. I dont have 11.2s and want to know from Paul if I have to.

C9 and its versatility makes everything better. Combine that with powerhouse LO from Ibasso, it just makes the listening experience much more sweeter. It has reduced my urge to buy anymore DAPs. Also if have to sell everything, someday, that would be the last...

Scratch that.. I wont sell my C9.. love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back