iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 16, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #13,396 of 14,593
There's a short thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pcm-to-dsd-converter-recommendations.962261/
While there are several options, I wonder if there are qualitative differences and if an expensive program such as HQPlayer is worth it. In no rush, myself, as also doing as @samandhi: using the PCM to DSD feature in Neutron to convert on the fly.
I think that the differences are mainly in the algorithms used to do the conversion. At that point I think it simply comes down to what you prefer, as opposed to "this one is better than that one" for any really good reason. But I may be wrong about that though. :)

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #13,397 of 14,593
Thank you @samandhi & @Paul - iBasso for walking me through the folder process and firmware updates. The Dx300 is my favorite of all the daps I have. I barely got it before they discontinued it. What I thought was a problem turned out that my Dx300 never had a problem. It's always ran smoothly. Ibasso, I look forward to innovative daps you'll bring forth in the near future.
Time for buy DX 320 😂😂😂😂

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #13,398 of 14,593
For tonight's listening pleasure. And with the new Amp13 card, what a pleasure it is with these headphones. I think of all my headgear these are the most improved with a tube(alishious) amp:

20220616_194422.jpg

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #13,402 of 14,593
@samandhi I was looking at the picture wrong. Your using the Neutron app. I like Neutron, I have it on my Fiio M11 pro, but I think it's like a Swiss army knife. If you like to do a lot of tweaking and eqing then I think Neutron is great. The same with UAPP but it's not as extensive. I like Mango because with my music I always make sure it's flac or dsd and that it is the best possible master I can find. If the the music doesn't meet that criteria, it want be put it on my player till I find that right quality recording. So for that reason I don't need to do a lot of tweaking or eqing. Now I will say I like the android Mango better than the stand alone. I grew up in the 70's & 80's so I have to have music videos on my players so I go back and forth between Mango android and MX Player Pro.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #13,403 of 14,593
@samandhi I was looking at the picture wrong. Your using the Neutron app. I like Neutron, I have it on my Fiio M11 pro, but I think it's like a Swiss army knife. If you like to do a lot of tweaking and eqing then I think Neutron is great. The same with UAPP but it's not as extensive. I like Mango because with my music I always make sure it's flac or dsd and that it is the best possible master I can find. If the the music doesn't meet that criteria, it want be put it on my player till I find that right quality recording. So for that reason I don't need to do a lot of tweaking or eqing. Now I will say I like the android Mango better than the stand alone. I grew up in the 70's & 80's so I have to have music videos on my players so I go back and forth between Mango android and MX Player Pro.
But Neutron is able upsample to a native dx300's resolution. So from technical point o view, Neutron is actually better than Mango.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #13,404 of 14,593
But Neutron is able upsample to a native dx300's resolution. So from technical point o view, Neutron is actually better than Mango.
Good point, and I love Neutron for that reason, but "better" is what suits the owner's needs, no? EDIT: You did say "from a technical point of view," and I'm in complete agreement that Neutron is the best technical player. :)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #13,406 of 14,593
Yes thats why i wrote "from technical point of view" :) Sure, basing purely on sound, its subjective.
Re playing music videos (@Turntable-T), I forget that the dx300, owing to its screen size and snapiness with android, is also a great multimedia machine.

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #13,407 of 14,593
Re playing music videos (@Turntable-T), I forget that the dx300, owing to its screen size and snapiness with android, is also a great multimedia machine.
It indeed does. That's why it's my number 1 player and I use the Fiio M11 Pro when the Dx300 charge gets too low but when she's recharged I go back to the Dx300!

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #13,408 of 14,593
So, I have noticed something today while using my TWS with the DX300. If you turn off buttons via settings, it also disables controls on my TWS. That is not to say I know it does it with all of them, I am only using the Hifiman TWS600 ATM. So, it may not hold true for all TWS. But I have no idea if this was something that happened from the beginning, or something that was added with the new FW update.

@Paul - iBasso can you confirm this? Also, is this something that can be fixed. This presents a problem for me when using the device with TWS and the leather cases, and the new TPU case with the Amp13 card. The buttons are way too sensitive, and I would like to turn them off, but still have control with the buttons (or touch control) on my TWS.

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #13,409 of 14,593
So, I have noticed something today while using my TWS with the DX300. If you turn off buttons via settings, it also disables controls on my TWS. That is not to say I know it does it with all of them, I am only using the Hifiman TWS600 ATM. So, it may not hold true for all TWS. But I have no idea if this was something that happened from the beginning, or something that was added with the new FW update.

@Paul - iBasso can you confirm this? Also, is this something that can be fixed. This presents a problem for me when using the device with TWS and the leather cases, and the new TPU case with the Amp13 card. The buttons are way too sensitive, and I would like to turn them off, but still have control with the buttons (or touch control) on my TWS.
This is the fastest solution to your problem. The buttons are way harder to trigger in this case.
https://de.aliexpress.com/i/1005002099962793.html

Jun 17, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #13,410 of 14,593
This is the fastest solution to your problem. The buttons are way harder to trigger in this case.
https://de.aliexpress.com/i/1005002099962793.html
I have that one (only clear) thanks for the rec, but it has started to turn yellow, and besides it doesn't have the sd card cutout. It is almost perfect otherwise. I know, I am being nitpicky here, but turning off hardware buttons on the device but also making TWS controls not function seems like an oversite that iBasso probably didn't intend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back