iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 6, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #5,251 of 14,596
Apr 6, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,252 of 14,596
Apr 6, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #5,253 of 14,596
Quick question - when connecting my phones to the 3.5mm adapter, the cable connector inserts “all the way” and is flush with the DX300 hole in that I don’t see any connector, just cable.

However, for lack of having balanced IEMs (YET 😏 ...yes, I’m looking at you Mest MKII) the 2.5mm burn in cable is all I have right now and it only allows me to push it in to where it’s not quite flush but about 2-3mm shy of being flush unless I force it (and I’m not inclined to do that as I don’t want to harm anything). Is that normal? (I also want to avoid not completely connecting a load cable and creating a short or something similarly awful).

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #5,254 of 14,596
Quick question - when connecting my phones to the 3.5mm adapter, the cable connector inserts “all the way” and is flush with the DX300 hole in that I don’t see any connector, just cable.

However, for lack of having balanced IEMs (YET 😏 ...yes, I’m looking at you Mest MKII) the 2.5mm burn in cable is all I have right now and it only allows me to push it in to where it’s not quite flush but about 2-3mm shy of being flush unless I force it (and I’m not inclined to do that as I don’t want to harm anything). Is that normal? (I also want to avoid not completely connecting a load cable and creating a short or something similarly awful).
You push it all the way in or you could short out the amp section. It is meant to be flush and fits fairly tight at first. There is a collar on the 2.5 and of course, that is flush with the socket and does not go in.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #5,255 of 14,596
Hey all. Charging question. I received a dx300 but it was in transit over a couple weeks and seems to have fully discharged.

After a full discharge, how long do you generally need to charge before it will power up? The green bar up top has lit up a couple times so there are signs of life, but it won’t power on. I guess I’ll leave it charging over night and hope for the best.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #5,256 of 14,596
Hey all. Charging question. I received a dx300 but it was in transit over a couple weeks and seems to have fully discharged.

After a full discharge, how long do you generally need to charge before it will power up? The green bar up top has lit up a couple times so there are signs of life, but it won’t power on. I guess I’ll leave it charging over night and hope for the best.

Unplug it and push the forward button and then plug it in while holding the forward button. See if you can go into the recovery mode.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5,257 of 14,596
EEFD326A-962B-4594-A8F2-3EE8D2F994FF.jpeg

After mostly using the DX300 as a movie/tv player during some work downtime...

I braved the covid beast. Train - essential summer work stuff shopping - coffee risk - train - home. iBasso DX300 & Campfire Audio MW10 got me through the afternoon🎶❤️

Still loving the sound and also at the same time getting to know this dap more and more.

usually a dap assessment of sound is quite straight forward. DX300 seems a hybrid of several ideas done well.

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #5,259 of 14,596
EEFD326A-962B-4594-A8F2-3EE8D2F994FF.jpeg

After mostly using the DX300 as a movie/tv player during some work downtime...

I braved the covid beast. Train - essential summer work stuff shopping - coffee risk - train - home. iBasso DX300 & Campfire Audio MW10 got me through the afternoon🎶❤️

Still loving the sound and also at the same time getting to know this dap more and more.

usually a dap assessment of sound is quite straight forward. DX300 seems a hybrid of several ideas done well.
nice, when i use this for youtube, netflix, etc, the digital battery drains much faster than the amp batt. actually the digital batt typically drains faster that the amp batt even for normal music listening in my use case.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #5,260 of 14,596

Hi, do you know if yours is with the MKII amp? I was speaking to Hifigo support today and they told me all the new units they're getting (they'd been out of stock for a while) are fitted with the new amp. If so, when you get to power up your device and do a listening session, would you care to kindly share your impressions?

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #5,261 of 14,596
I have DX 300 since yesterday but the device is hard to use. Keeps crashing on Tidal or Spotify. Made a new clean Installation , but without success. Sometimes the restarts are looping and keeping starting new for multiple times. Not a bad way to Introduce from a Reference DAP..

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #5,264 of 14,596
nice, when i use this for youtube, netflix, etc, the digital battery drains much faster than the amp batt. actually the digital batt typically drains faster that the amp batt even for normal music listening in my use case.

Hey how does Netflix work on DX300? Mine just refuses to let any video play. I installed mine directly from the Playstore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back