iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 31, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #3,271 of 14,593
In my previous battery updates I was only using local playback, 4.4mm BAL with IEMs, Med Gain, wifi/BT off, mix of mp3/flac, and was getting close to 13hrs of playback time with Analog down to 0% and Digital around 30% since the screen was off most of the time and wireless radios were off as well.

Next, I ran another test, still 4.4mm BAL w/IEMs, Med Gain, Wifi on streaming Amazon HD, periodically turning the display on with 5min timeout setting to get more screen time. And under these test conditions getting between 13.5-14hrs of playback time with Analog down to 0% and Digital down to about 5%. Makes sense since Wifi is on and I force more screen time so digital battery drains evenly with analog. Looks like after half a dozen of charge discharge cycles, battery is properly calibrated and I'm getting closer to 14hrs of playback time. Probably good time to stop battery testing since I don't want to continue draining it down to 0. This is flac playback (local and amazon hd), and I'm sure playing DSDs or using harder to drive headphones at higher volume will drain it faster, but nevertheless, thought some might find these test results useful.
Wonderful insight...
btw, May i know, what charger you used to charge DX300?

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #3,273 of 14,593
Wonderful insight...
btw, May i know, what charger you used to charge DX300?

Using 5V / 2.4A wall charger, one of those with multiple AC and USB ports. And since I'm using all 3 usb ports in there, I don't think they even source full 2.4A each, probably close to 2A. I was a little surprised some people mentioned that you need at least 18W charger. It might charge slower, obviously, but so far I haven't seen any issues with my setup.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #3,274 of 14,593
I use newest iPad Pro charger 20W and Anker charger :).
Nice...

Using 5V / 2.4A wall charger, one of those with multiple AC and USB ports. And since I'm using all 3 usb ports in there, I don't think they even source full 2.4A each, probably close to 2A. I was a little surprised some people mentioned that you need at least 18W charger. It might charge slower, obviously, but so far I haven't seen any issues with my setup.
I see...
Noted...

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #3,275 of 14,593
In my previous battery updates I was only using local playback, 4.4mm BAL with IEMs, Med Gain, wifi/BT off, mix of mp3/flac, and was getting close to 13hrs of playback time with Analog down to 0% and Digital around 30% since the screen was off most of the time and wireless radios were off as well.

Next, I ran another test, still 4.4mm BAL w/IEMs, Med Gain, Wifi on streaming Amazon HD, periodically turning the display on with 5min timeout setting to get more screen time. And under these test conditions getting between 13.5-14hrs of playback time with Analog down to 0% and Digital down to about 5%. Makes sense since Wifi is on and I force more screen time so digital battery drains evenly with analog. Looks like after half a dozen of charge discharge cycles, battery is properly calibrated and I'm getting closer to 14hrs of playback time. Probably good time to stop battery testing since I don't want to continue draining it down to 0. This is flac playback (local and amazon hd), and I'm sure playing DSDs or using harder to drive headphones at higher volume will drain it faster, but nevertheless, thought some might find these test results useful.
Interesting. My usage is very close to the second scenario described here and I am getting 8-9 hours. Brand new out of the box, it had around 50% digital and analogue. I started using it (while charging at the same time). Was this a mistake? How do I get the battery life to improve?

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #3,276 of 14,593
I bought the dx300 as the best DAP interface currently available
I am usually not to bothered about interface speed and stuff. But my unit at least has issues with lag while skipping songs. Its just stutters and lags annoyingly every time i skip song and if i skip too quick, album art and song played desyncs.
I never had that with dx220. Or any other older daps.
Thing is all my files are in local storage which is never kept full. And it seems its the same on any player app. Even Mango OS
Anyone else having this issue?

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #3,277 of 14,593
What brand of SD Card do you use?
I heard such issues with Lexard cards do happen...

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #3,278 of 14,593
Thing is all my files are in local storage which is never kept full. And it seems its the same on any player app. Even Mango OS
What brand of SD Card do you use?
I heard such issues with Lexard cards do happen...

He said his files are in local storage (which isn't kept full).

I haven't encountered this although I've only played via sd card (so it's not an issue I would have noticed anyhow).

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #3,279 of 14,593
I am usually not to bothered about interface speed and stuff. But my unit at least has issues with lag while skipping songs. Its just stutters and lags annoyingly every time i skip song and if i skip too quick, album art and song played desyncs.
I never had that with dx220. Or any other older daps.

I am not have the issues that you mentioned.
However, all my files are stored in SD card and nothing in local storage.

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #3,280 of 14,593
Be interested to read of any comparisons with the Fiio M15. I cancelled my initial pre-order with HifiGo due to the potential warranty issues. Going to wait for some impressions with the M15. I'm aware that the DX300 will be faster in performance etc but interested to hear about the sonic differences
Hi bro.
Forgetting the timbre. Only about detail retrieval and micro details, soundstage size and imaging, Is dx300 at the level of fiio m15 in those things?

And other question, about amplification for example audeze lcd2 and hd800. Does the dx300 have the same power of m15?

Please, help because I want to change my m15 for a dx300 :D

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #3,281 of 14,593
Interesting. My usage is very close to the second scenario described here and I am getting 8-9 hours. Brand new out of the box, it had around 50% digital and analogue. I started using it (while charging at the same time). Was this a mistake? How do I get the battery life to improve?

For your 8-9hrs, what is the battery percentage left?

I can also get approximately 12-13hrs if I let the battery drain to 0%.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #3,282 of 14,593

Attachments

• F1AF957D-87BB-40C5-A35F-BACC37F6ABD1.png
    F1AF957D-87BB-40C5-A35F-BACC37F6ABD1.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 9888660C-2C5F-4A5F-B9BE-B3B73039F189.png
    9888660C-2C5F-4A5F-B9BE-B3B73039F189.png
    422.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #3,284 of 14,593
Apologies for moaning. But i am encountering another issue. Which has repeated 2nd time already.
Basically my digital battery wont charge since yesterday. It was stuck at 30% and have tried LG and Samsung phone/tablet chargers.
Been on charger overnight. Tried restarting the dap but no change.

This one is really annoying because i am commuting to work at the moment and that battery wont last a day.

Anyone had something similar?

I will probably have to drop a line to iBasso. This does not look normal.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,285 of 14,593
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back