iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 23, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #12,166 of 14,596
This is the one I use. I like both, but the smokey one detracts from the natural colors where the clear one doesn't. The dust plugs are also very handy. Though I found the strap to be totally useless in that the attachment loop isn't thick enough to inspire trust in its capability to support the weight of the DX300. Also, I find no place to actually attach it. :)
I know what you means. It happens to a lot of different devices. I haven’t tried the MangoOS with DAC , probably having same issues lol

Which apps would you recommend me getting John ?
AFAIK, there isn't much one can do with android/Linux as far as latency because they aren't truly "real time" OSes, and because of this there are no guarantees to successful polling. The high latency might be from the implementation of the driver itself, or the thread scheduler, or maybe even the garbage collector.

Though in android/Linux its all about polling, which after android 8 are supposed to be polled once per 1ms. While I don't think you can change this overall, you might be able to change it to poll more than once per cycle (1ms), or less than once per cycle. As for software that does this for you, there might be some out there, but I have yet to see any that works as advertised, so I could just be out of the loop.

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #12,167 of 14,596
This is the one I use. I like both, but the smokey one detracts from the natural colors where the clear one doesn't. The dust plugs are also very handy. Though I found the strap to be totally useless in that the attachment loop isn't thick enough to inspire trust in its capability to support the weight of the DX300. Also, I find no place to actually attach it. :)

AFAIK, there isn't much one can do with android/Linux as far as latency because they aren't truly "real time" OSes, and because of this there are no guarantees to successful polling. The high latency might be from the implementation of the driver itself, or the thread scheduler, or maybe even the garbage collector.

Though in android/Linux its all about polling, which after android 8 are supposed to be polled once per 1ms. While I don't think you can change this overall, you might be able to change it to poll more than once per cycle (1ms), or less than once per cycle. As for software that does this for you, there might be some out there, but I have yet to see any that works as advertised, so I could just be out of the loop.
The clear one is very nice but i didnt want it to get yellow with time. All clear cases i used for smartphones got yellowish.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #12,168 of 14,596
The clear one is very nice but i didnt want it to get yellow with time. All clear cases i used for smartphones got yellowish.
Nothing is different with this one. It is a bit yellow. So, for that, I totally agree. The one that came with the DX160 is really yellow(ish) at this point also.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #12,170 of 14,596
I work in temperature controls/building automation, and it is all about the protocols (for communication). Bacnet, for instance works on polling, but also on COV (change of value). This can make even the slowest communication work pretty seamlessly. LON (Echelon), on the other hand relies on "heartbeats" rather than polling, and can be quicker on paper, it is in all reality slower overall; even though communications from the controllers is faster. You CAN set up guaranteed transfer intervals if it gets bogged down, the fact that LON puts those things into a que on a failure actually makes the trunk slower or even crashes. Bacnet is also voltage based trunks, whereas LON is resistance based.

My point is that it is all about the implementation. On paper LON SHOULD be faster, but Bacnet usually is, even though the speed is slower in its communications protocols (if it is MSTP implementation it is usually dial-up speeds 96K or less). It does seem as though latency has come a long way though with android.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #12,172 of 14,596
IMG_20220422_182904__01.jpg

Been testing all day. I'll say this...gobs of power, transparent, and massive soundstage. Just like anything there are compromises. Obviously the weight, bulk and heat are an inconvenience. But if you can get past these things then it's a great dap. Like someone else said to me earlier today..."Swiss army knife of DAPs"

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #12,173 of 14,596
IMG_20220422_182904__01.jpg

Been testing all day. I'll say this...gobs of power, transparent, and massive soundstage. Just like anything there are compromises. Obviously the weight, bulk and heat are an inconvenience. But if you can get past these things then it's a great dap. Like someone else said to me earlier today..."Swiss army knife of DAPs"
Nice! How would you describe sound differences between M17 and your 311.2/12?

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #12,174 of 14,596
Nice! How would you describe sound differences between M17 and your 311.2/12?
Dx312 is heavier notes with more warmth and a bit less details. But dx312 feels like it slams harder even if it's a smidgen slower. Dx312 battery lasts longer, generates gobs less heat and is easier to hold with one hand for sure.

What I like about m17 is the transparency it gives you, detail retrieval whether it be texture of bass or treble sparkle, and the smoothness of the entire FR. I obviously this should be the case since we are talking about desktop grade equipment.

I will say this though...to get the best out of the m17 you need to be tethered to the linear power supply with over the ear mode turned on. Yes you can enable over the ear mode without being plugged in but there is a difference in sound to my ears.

M17 serves it's purpose for me. It provides a clinically clean signature that is desktop grade but imo is no replacement for dx300 but more of a compliment DAP. If I had to keep only one it would be dx300 due to it's ease of use, battery life and portability. Good news is that I get to keep them both. 😁

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #12,175 of 14,596
Dx312 is heavier notes with more warmth and a bit less details. But dx312 feels like it slams harder even if it's a smidgen slower. Dx312 battery lasts longer, generates gobs less heat and is easier to hold with one hand for sure.

What I like about m17 is the transparency it gives you, detail retrieval whether it be texture of bass or treble sparkle, and the smoothness of the entire FR. I obviously this should be the case since we are talking about desktop grade equipment.

I will say this though...to get the best out of the m17 you need to be tethered to the linear power supply with over the ear mode turned on. Yes you can enable over the ear mode without being plugged in but there is a difference in sound to my ears.

M17 serves it's purpose for me. It provides a clinically clean signature that is desktop grade but imo is no replacement for dx300 but more of a compliment DAP. If I had to keep only one it would be dx300 due to it's ease of use, battery life and portability. Good news is that I get to keep them both. 😁
Thanx and enjoy!

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #12,176 of 14,596

If the DX 320 in conjunction with amp 12, W, EX, EXN adds the details that the DX 300 might be missing a bit, it would be the perfect player for me.

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #12,177 of 14,596
Who was it that commissioned a case for one of their ibasso dap, where they had the front leather flap be detachable with magnets or something? Instead of being flipped over to the side and flapping around.

What person/company did it?
Perhaps what you're looking for ?
etsy.com

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #12,179 of 14,596
For the long term, perhaps I should have gone with smoked... Though I don't hate the clear one I have even now. :)
I recall seeing a life hack video on how to remove the yellowing effect and return the shade to transparent. I don't know for sure if it really works since I never tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back