iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #601 of 5,051
Just activated Ultimate Mode! Crikey...
Fergie was singing in my Lounge!

First thing I did was look for this menu option. It chews through the digital battery which was a fear knowing what ak4499's are like. But that sound though.

Initial impressions are incredibly good. This is a huge step up from a modded DX220 soundwise. Huge.

This combination with IMR Astra is pretty magical. The bone conduction is on another level and so I would imagine the Mest2 sounding very good out of this too.

One niggle I've found is that in mango mode when using the volume wheel the volume on screen doesn't change so i have no idea what volume I'm on but probably too loud.

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #603 of 5,051
First thing I did was look for this menu option. It chews through the digital battery which was a fear knowing what ak4499's are like. But that sound though.

Initial impressions are incredibly good. This is a huge step up from a modded DX220 soundwise. Huge.

This combination with IMR Astra is pretty magical. The bone conduction is on another level and so I would imagine the Mest2 sounding very good out of this too.

One niggle I've found is that in mango mode when using the volume wheel the volume on screen doesn't change so i have no idea what volume I'm on but probably too loud.
Is this option on Android mode only, or in Mango as well?

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #605 of 5,051
As someone who hears a difference between Android and Mango OS in DX228EX...

For DX220MAX users: Do you hear a difference between Android mode and Mango OS?
For DX300MAX users: Do you hear a difference between Android mode and Mango OS?

I'll find out soon... I'm curious if there's any thoughts at this time. Thanks!

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #607 of 5,051
The analogue volume control does not show on the screen. What you are seeing is the digital volume for the DAC system. This is the same as on the DX220Max.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #608 of 5,051
Wow! Paul... you're Online!
S.P.E.C.S. please 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #609 of 5,051
Paul mentioned via email that while no official specs have been published, they are waiting for the Audio Engineer to finalize the specs, so they are going to publish them when ready.

He did mention that as the impedance of the HP/IEM increases, the power output of the DX300 Max's amp increases as well.

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #610 of 5,051
Paul mentioned via email that while no official specs have been published, they are waiting for the Audio Engineer to finalize the specs, so they are going to publish them when ready.

He did mention that as the impedance of the HP/IEM increases, the power output of the DX300 Max's amp increases as well.
I don't understand this. How can a product be released to the market and in the hands of consumers, and yet the specs are still being finalised? Are the specs being discovered retroactively?

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #611 of 5,051
I don't understand this. How can a product be released to the market and in the hands of consumers, and yet the specs are still being finalised? Are the specs being discovered retroactively?
I would guess that they have them and are putting them in a normal order. Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned. iBasso has always done very well with sound and specs. As their latest dap, the DX300 shows.

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #612 of 5,051
I would guess that they have them and are putting them in a normal order. Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned. iBasso has always done very well with sound and specs. As their latest dap, the DX300 shows.
I don't doubt the specs are up to scratch, I just don't get the order of delivery.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #613 of 5,051
I don't doubt the specs are up to scratch, I just don't get the order of delivery.

Not really sure, all I know is Paul has been helpful and always friendly in the past, so I have no reason to doubt him, plus probably a process that's out of his hands.

Maybe the way the amp performs is particularly difficult to measure in a precise way? Hopefully the engineer hasn't been sick or something and on leave?

No idea as I'm grasping for straws here.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #614 of 5,051
This isn't that unusual. Do you recall when Stephen Hawking had a party for time travellers and sent the invitations after it had finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back