iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #616 of 5,051
Just wanted to post some information about what I know since I have been one of, if not, the most vocal person here about the situation. I have been speaking with Paul since the Ti announcement. Here is what I have found out so far:

Dealers were not supposed to even take orders of the DX300 Max until they received their stock, and they were asked not to apparently.

The Ti will be 100 units, 50 are for mainland China with the other 50 being for the rest of the world, these will be sold through iBasso directly and they will announce 2 days beforehand when they are going on sale.

Being one of the people who pre ordered, if it is true that dealers we not supposed to even take pre orders, then I have no ill thoughts with iBasso there, however I do wish they were both announced together but it is what it is.

Not sure if I’ll try get a Ti yet or not, will wait for all the impressions and reviews over the next few weeks.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #617 of 5,051
The engineers’ iPad with all the schematics and specs has probably crashed. Lost everything and now need to do a takedown.. 😉

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #618 of 5,051
This isn't that unusual. Do you recall when Stephen Hawking had a party for time travellers and sent the invitations after it had finished?
I remember it fondly long before it actually happened.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #619 of 5,051
I really don't get the spec fetish here. You have your device and can test it with your HP or IEM, and decide if it is driven properly? Then you have your spec right there. If you couldn't buy one, too bad, you missed your chance and don't need those numbers that you can't confirm. Specs won't make it any better or worse than what you are hearing.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #620 of 5,051
I really don't get the spec fetish here. You have your device and can test it with your HP or IEM, and decide if it is driven properly? Then you have your spec right there. If you couldn't buy one, too bad, you missed your chance and don't need those numbers that you can't confirm. Specs won't make it any better or worse than what you are hearing.
It's the placebo effect, even if you can't hear the specs (beyond a certain threshold), the listening experience is sweeter when you know you've got "the absolute be(a)st" :ksc75smile:

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #621 of 5,051
I'm the last person to care about measurements or specs for the sake of specs, but I'd like to know what the amp portion is capable of in relation to hard to drive headphones.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #622 of 5,051

I'm the last person to care about measurements or specs for the sake of specs, but I'd like to know what the amp portion is capable of in relation to hard to drive headphones.

I'm on the same or similar boat as Nostoi. My primary use case will be as an all in one solution for the ZMF VC. If it were for IEMs I wouldn't care as much.

If I keep the DX300 Max I'd sell my ZMF Pendant (can't keep both unfortunately), so I sure would like to know how their driving power stacks up relative to each other. I don't think the Max will reach that power of course due to form factor alone, but perhaps it gets closer than any other similar transportable source or stack would.

Not the end all be all, but it is useful in this case for example, plus I think it just helps to know exactly what it is you're buying at this price and how it performs on a hardware level, vs having it be some sort of mystery.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #623 of 5,051
So far, so good… the MAX300 has driven my Mest MK2’s, Sudara’s and Velum 1’s extremely well. Early days still but sounding great. Streaming music to start with but will add an SD Card shortly with my CD collection on it. Battery life is OK and I presume will get better as recharging conditions them in the future. Seems that the Digital Battery section runs down quicker than the Analogue section by a 3% difference (especially in ‘God Mode’) . Soundstage is immense. Especially when you activate ‘God Mode’…. I mean the ‘Ultra Mode’ setting. Sounds become somewhat holographic (but not overly fake or excessive) with the vocals in front of your head and the percussion coming out of seemingly…. everywhere. Strings, be it Lead electric, Bass guitar or Acoustic are positioned just behind the Vocals but almost just as prominent as the Vocals without overbearing them. Astounding! Very accurate sounds and timing. This is with the two headphones and IEM I’ve tried so it’s not unique to the headphone/IEM. Increasing the Gain doesn’t seem to affect the sound apart from being able to drive the Headphones more efficiently by giving power and a bit more detail. A lot of filters to choose from but will get in to that later down the line. Have it set on Level 3 which is the factory setting of Short Delay, Sharp Roll Off.
Tomorrow I will try the Line Out with my C9. Just wanted today to memorise as much of the sound signature before changing over.
If by chance there are any owners of this DAP with Focal Mg Pro’s I’d love to hear your thoughts as I am thinking of investing in these (a long shot, but worth a try by reaching out).
And…. as if you didn’t already know…. This is one heavy brick of a DAP. Which in a way is great as it won’t move so easily on top of your table or armrest. The case is also a nice touch and fits like a glove but not so much so that you need to use pressure to get the DAP back out. More later…. got to get back to this powerhouse…. Sade is telling me ‘my love is king’

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #624 of 5,051
So far, so good… the MAX300 has driven my Mest MK2’s, Sudara’s and Velum 1’s extremely well. Early days still but sounding great. Streaming music to start with but will add an SD Card shortly with my CD collection on it. Battery life is OK and I presume will get better as recharging conditions them in the future. Seems that the Digital Battery section runs down quicker than the Analogue section by a 3% difference (especially in ‘God Mode’) . Soundstage is immense. Especially when you activate ‘God Mode’…. I mean the ‘Ultra Mode’ setting. Sounds become somewhat holographic (but not overly fake or excessive) with the vocals in front of your head and the percussion coming out of seemingly…. everywhere. Strings, be it Lead electric, Bass guitar or Acoustic are positioned just behind the Vocals but almost just as prominent as the Vocals without overbearing them. Astounding! Very accurate sounds and timing. This is with the two headphones and IEM I’ve tried so it’s not unique to the headphone/IEM. Increasing the Gain doesn’t seem to affect the sound apart from being able to drive the Headphones more efficiently by giving power and a bit more detail. A lot of filters to choose from but will get in to that later down the line. Have it set on Level 3 which is the factory setting of Short Delay, Sharp Roll Off.
Tomorrow I will try the Line Out with my C9. Just wanted today to memorise as much of the sound signature before changing over.
If by chance there are any owners of this DAP with Focal Mg Pro’s I’d love to hear your thoughts as I am thinking of investing in these (a long shot, but worth a try by reaching out).
And…. as if you didn’t already know…. This is one heavy brick of a DAP. Which in a way is great as it won’t move so easily on top of your table or armrest. The case is also a nice touch and fits like a glove but not so much so that you need to use pressure to get the DAP back out. More later…. got to get back to this powerhouse…. Sade is telling me ‘my love is king’

Any chance of a pic with the case on? :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #625 of 5,051

Attachments

• 20210813_003554.jpg
    20210813_003554.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210813_003601.jpg
    20210813_003601.jpg
  • 20210813_003609.jpg
    20210813_003609.jpg
  • 20210813_003630.jpg
    20210813_003630.jpg
  • 20210813_003648.jpg
    20210813_003648.jpg
  • 20210813_003715.jpg
    20210813_003715.jpg
  • 20210813_003738.jpg
    20210813_003738.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 12, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #626 of 5,051
Snap! Mine arrived an hour ago. Let the tests begin. Here are some photos to keep you all up to date of presentation.
Oh hello there, that’s a sexy chunk of SS right there. Ahhh so hyped, can’t wait - hopefully late next week. Until then more pics LOL please?

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #628 of 5,051
Tomorrow I will try the Line Out with my C9.
Looking forward to
. Just wanted today to memorise as much of the sound signature before changing over.
Looking forward to your report on pairing with the C9

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #629 of 5,051
Dealers were not supposed to even take orders of the DX300 Max until they received their stock, and they were asked not to apparently.

For whatever it's worth, this was never communicated to us either by iBasso or their US distributor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We've done preorders for every new iBasso product since we've been carrying them.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back