iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #3,211 of 5,022
Agreed, and for anything sound related, I rather have chunks of metal being carved out into shape rather than 3D printed. That comes from cables for example. Ribbon cables are not preferable for sound quality, and they are basically a printed cables, where I rather at least use UPOCC.

hence I love 3Max Titanium. It is a large chunk of Titanium. Could you imagine how much waste it created to mill 1 chassis :). Even an exhaust resonance that is made out of Titanium ain’t cheap either. So, I would take titanium for a “premium Metal” and I love the look of it. I rather use 3MTi bare without case

Have your replacement come in yet ?
About 90% waste when titanium alloy (ti 6al-4v) space pressure vessels are fabricated.

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #3,212 of 5,022
Oh, my word! First go at a listen (BiffyClyro): a new definition of clean, black background, refined and analytic! Not powerful and energetic yet, but it's just started burning in. But the mids and highs, no relation to the DX300 really. Now, Call It Home (it's a band): the Max dresses metalcore brutality with a frock and top-hat, but with metal spikes poking underneath :ksc75smile:. And that's just off the onboard card with MangoOS. But I've got a Micron WT 256GB on its way. Then, I'm installing Neutron.

If this sounds like this with MP3 and 16bit/44.1 Flacs, and metal/rock music, I'm excited to hear what it will sound like with Hi-Res classical music!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #3,213 of 5,022
Nice comparison Lappy27. I have found that the Micron SD card in the SS is a wonderful set up. It brings the smoothness up a notch and the sound is spot on. Within my Ti I've got another Micron SD card which is 'lively' to say the least and am expecting a burn in to alleviate this. Sounds great though.
Could u pls elaborate on… "lively"?

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #3,214 of 5,022
Could u pls elaborate on… "lively"?
When I listen to the SS it's a nice mellow sounding unit with great sub Bass and detailed backgrounds. The Ti on the other hand is a very detailed sounding unit compared to the SS. Everything is heard and is extremely nice. But, when I add in the equation of the Micron SD Card, due to its delivery of signals, things are a bit more pronounced/lively. The Micron is a very detailed and forward sounding card which currently, is in addition to the clarity of the Ti. Nothing bad... it will settle and blend when burnt in....

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #3,215 of 5,022
When I listen to the SS it's a nice mellow sounding unit with great sub Bass and detailed backgrounds. The Ti on the other hand is a very detailed sounding unit compared to the SS. Everything is heard and is extremely nice. But, when I add in the equation of the Micron SD Card, due to its delivery of signals, things are a bit more pronounced/lively. The Micron is a very detailed and forward sounding card which currently, is in addition to the clarity of the Ti. Nothing bad... it will settle and blend when burnt in....
Thank u i see… hopefully there's more extension on both ends

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #3,217 of 5,022

Yup, mellow & musical. Which reminds me of an upgrade to the amp11mki in dynamics.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #3,218 of 5,022

About 90% waste when titanium alloy (ti 6al-4v) space pressure vessels are fabricated.
By any chance can you give a good guesstimate about howmuch would be wasted in order to produce the 3Max chassis ?

When you connect it to your Yamaha are you using 4.4 to dual XLR?
Nevermind, I figured it out.
Yes sir, that I do

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #3,220 of 5,022
Oh, my word! First go at a listen (BiffyClyro): a new definition of clean, black background, refined and analytic! Not powerful and energetic yet, but it's just started burning in. But the mids and highs, no relation to the DX300 really. Now, Call It Home (it's a band): the Max dresses metalcore brutality with a froc and top-hat, but with metal spikes poking underneath :ksc75smile:. And that's just off the onboard card with MangoOS. But I've got a Micron lLLLhL.lLLLllLlLLlllLplpplll.l,lpl.phpplplp.,LPP.pppplppppphpHppppppgplpppppGogoG8y 256GB on its way. Then, I'm installing Neutron.

By any chance can you give a good guesstimate about howmuch would be wasted in order to produce the 3Max chassis ?

Yes sir, that I do
Guess is 60% waste

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #3,223 of 5,022
So then, the cable that is included with the DX300 that is 4.4 to 3.5...can that be used to connect line out to rca amp inputs?
Yes, if you have 3.5mm to connect to.
0CB30A80-F400-4244-909F-AB466B291804.jpeg
Just do not plug it into Max single ended out into balanced in 😅

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #3,225 of 5,022
Listening with the same iems as for DX300 (Amp11.2), the Ti opens soundstage laterally and in depth considerably. It's like listening with different iems!
(DAC=85, LG, Ultimate, D4).
Sounds like a description of the Amp12

& congrats on a great purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back